Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gear and glasses

Options
  • 05-07-2019 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Badly need to invest in some runnng pants/shorts and tops. I run maybe 3 times/week, max 15k once a week. Used decathlon once before, cheap but quality not brill. Where would you recommend for gear? And need running sunnies. Need to try on so online not an option.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

Badly need to invest in some runnng pants/shorts and tops. I run maybe 3 times/week, max 15k once a week. Used decathlon once before, cheap but quality not brill. Where would you recommend for gear? And need running sunnies. Need to try on so online not an option.

Goodr sunglasses are great. Less than €30 and designed for running. Runhub have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

Why not try on in stores here and then see if cheaper online in UK? I get my running gear from sportsshoes or sports direct in uk

Delivery is usually 4-5 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Djoucer wrote: »
    Goodr sunglasses are great. Less than €30 and designed for running. Runhub have them.

I like goodr too! Got a pair for my birthday.

I think Decathlon & Lidl & Aldi are fine quality, especially if you’re just running a few times a week - no point spending loads?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

Don't buy too many tops because once you start racing you will be overwhelmed by all the free race t shirts!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Thanks folks. I thought with the Lidl/Aldi stuff I'd end up binning it after a short period due to the vol of washing and re-wearing. If the quality is good I'd give it a try. Cheers!

Haven't heard of goodr (or runhub for that matter), off to Google them now, thanks a mill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Goodr definitely for glasses. Spot on for running and look decent also and plenty of different colours to go with. €30 and polarised which is a great deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Chicken George

chris85 wrote: »
    Goodr definitely for glasses. Spot on for running and look decent also and plenty of different colours to go with. €30 and polarised which is a great deal.

+1 for these.

Just noticed this in the small print...

Goodr sunglasses have frames that can potentially expose you to Bisphenol A (“BPA”) and metal screws that can potentially expose you to nickel. BPA is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm and nickel is known to the State of California to cause cancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

Just noticed this in the small print...

Goodr sunglasses have frames that can potentially expose you to Bisphenol A (“BPA”) and metal screws that can potentially expose you to nickel. BPA is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm and nickel is known to the State of California to cause cancer.

That warning applies to most sunglasses and normal glasses in California. Once you don’t eat them, you’ll probably be grand.

Djoucer wrote: »
    That warning applies to most sunglasses and normal glasses in California. Once you don’t eat them, you’ll probably be grand.

I thought that yeah. I was just a bit like 'ye what now?', when I read it. Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement