Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business online

Options
  • 05-07-2019 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

Hi BOI

I've a general query.

Have you experienced any slowness on your BOI business online system end because as a client we are.

We are having fierce trouble putting up payments on the bank.

Normally we use Google Chrome but It doesn’t matter which platform we use Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox each is a bad as the other.

When we log on and only have one or two payment you don’t really notice anything but when we have more than 10 payments then we are running into problems.

The BOI system is extremely slow this week and we are typing faster (company names, payee names, amounts) than the system can keep up with.

We are having big issues at the end of the evening when we are trying to get the last payments up before the cut off time and the authorisation time is passed before our support teams can complete due to our volume of payments.

I only need a general answer because I believe our financial controller has a contact internally that I will escalate to on Monday when I am back in the country.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

wally1990 wrote: »
    Hi BOI

I've a general query.

Have you experienced any slowness on your BOI business online system end because as a client we are.

We are having fierce trouble putting up payments on the bank.

Normally we use Google Chrome but  It doesn’t matter which platform we use Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox each is a bad as the other.

When we log on and only have one or two payment you don’t really notice anything but when we have more than 10 payments then we are running into problems.

The BOI system is extremely slow this week and we are typing faster (company names, payee names, amounts) than the system can keep up with.

We are having big issues at the end of the evening when we are trying to get the last payments up before the cut off time and the authorisation time is passed before our support teams can complete due to our volume of payments.

I only need a general answer because I believe our financial controller has a contact internally that I will escalate to on Monday when I am back in the country.

Thanks

Hi wally1990,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. We are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulty with using the Business Online platform.

To have this looked into we would recommend that you contact our Business Online Team on 1890 818 265 and one of our advisors will be happy to investigate this for you.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JonHa

Hello,
    I've been also noticing problems with the speed of bol, it seems to get worse the longer you are logged in and the more payments you queue up. We have been using firefox. I've tried out chrome and haven't noticed the problem yet but haven't used it extensively. There is a message on the login screen saying chrome is not supported from version 39+, as I said I haven't noticed any problems but are there any major issues with using chrome before I set it up on other peoples computers?
    Thanks in advance,
    Jon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi Wally1990,

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

We are currently aware
    of an issue affecting the performance of Business Online. This has been
    escalated to our technical team who are currently
    investigating.

We will get in touch as soon as we have an
    update.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

The personal Banking 365 is brutally slow too.

Is it the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dreadnought

Experiencing the same issue over a prolonged period for each of our users over several different systems. Really slow response time and actions such as printing take forever. When typing even at the login screen the cursor is way behind what is being typed. I was leaning towards Java as the issue but same after clearing cache and reinstalling it. Not sure an OS reinstall will address given its happening on multiple systems. Really need some guidance as to what is happening and what we should be using to get best performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Experiencing the same issue over a prolonged period for each of our users over several different systems. Really slow response time and actions such as printing take forever. When typing even at the login screen the cursor is way behind what is being typed. I was leaning towards Java as the issue but same after clearing cache and reinstalling it. Not sure an OS reinstall will address given its happening on multiple systems. Really need some guidance as to what is happening and what we should be using to get best performance.

Same and we are seeing no improvement

We had over 500 payments to be done across various companies last Friday and we found the 'make a payment' option was actually faster than the Quick pay option on the dashboard

Business online iquick pay is so slow at the moment

We had a Boi rep in a few mo the back and he recommend chrome but it makes no difference at all at the moment

Its killing our staffing level /resources hereon busy pay days because instead of having 2 staff doing the payments, we needed 5 due to the slowness or the system

BOI: can you provide an explanation as to why its happening or a estimated time it will be resolved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Wombatman wrote: »
    The personal Banking 365 is brutally slow too.

Is it the same issue?
    Hi Wombatman, 

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards. 

We are not experiencing any issues or difficulties with our Banking 365 online Service. 

Sometimes an internet browser can slow down, in an attempt to fix this you can clear your cache and cookies, as well as the browsing history. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, Aisling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

wally1990 wrote: »

Same and we are seeing no improvement

We had over 500 payments to be done across various companies last Friday and we found the 'make a payment' option was actually faster than the Quick pay option on the dashboard

Business online iquick pay is so slow at the moment

We had a Boi rep in a few mo the back and he recommend chrome but it makes no difference at all at the moment

Its killing our staffing level /resources hereon busy pay days because instead of having 2 staff doing the payments, we needed 5 due to the slowness or the system

BOI: can you provide an explanation as to why its happening or a estimated time it will be resolved?
    Hi All, 

Thanks for linking in with us here on Boards. 

We are aware that a number of customers are experiencing a slow service on Business On Line. This has been raised with our Technical Support Team and they are currently investigating the issue. They endeavor to have this performance problem rectified as soon as possible. 

Some customers have reported improved performance when using Google Chrome as apposed to Internet Explorer. 

Thanks, 
    Aisling. 

Advertisement