Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

BloodBath wrote: »
    I'd imagine DLSS is huge for VR.

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. It's a shame AMD's answer is still a mystery.

Decided I'm going for a 5600X and a 6800 Vanilla (probably), it's more power than I need. Gonna wait on the GPU possibly even until the new year and see what happens with the software and the potential 3070ti 16GB. I'm really hoping there is going to be a bit of competition going on in that segment as I think the 6800 is priced just that little bit too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Really good point made by Linus and that other James Corden lookalike in relation to reviews on AMD, smart move is to wait for the end user reviews (like us GEEKS) not just the likes of Jayz2cents and Gamersnexus etc as they will not tell the whole story with the likes of compatibility issues across the board.

Personally I cant wait THAT LONG as I need a card yesterday, but gonna order a 6800XT on launch if reviews are good by youtube and then get a 6900XT on launch.

TBH, my preference would be a 3080TI just feel safer with a little bit more VRAM :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

iy8mwtvyj7x51.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Decided I'm going for a 5600X and a 6800 Vanilla (probably), it's more power than I need. Gonna wait on the GPU possibly even until the new year and see what happens with the software and the potential 3070ti 16GB. I'm really hoping there is going to be a bit of competition going on in that segment as I think the 6800 is priced just that little bit too high.

6800 is priced great. It wrecks the 3070 and has double the memory for only a few more beans.

It is priced too close to the 6800xt though. I'd probably stump up the extra 75 for the xt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

6800 is priced great. It wrecks the 3070 and has double the memory for only a few more beans.

It is priced too close to the 6800xt though.

Is it priced great or is it too expensive? You cannot have two at the same time ;P
    I'd probably stump up the extra 75 for the xt.

That's exactly what they want you to do :)

I know you're only taking the piss but I never said too expensive, just said too close to the xt in price. Not good enough market segmentation there.

The 3070 however is too expensive for what it is. Sure yeah it's close to a 2080ti in performance for around €500-550 but that's a 2 year old card and the 3070 only has 8gb of memory which already matters now. It's gonna matter even more as time passes.

If I'm gonna blow €500-600 on a card for the next 2 years I don't want to be turning texture options down which you will already have to do in a handful of titles even at 1440p.

AMD released some more benchmark slides. A twitter user compiled them into a smaller number of graphs. Looks pretty, pretty, pretty good.

RX6000-vs-RTX30-System-Configuration-768x295.png

AMD-Radeon-RX-6900XT-6800XT-6800-vs-GeForce-RTX-3090-3080-2080Ti-4K-1536x864.jpg

AMD-Radeon-RX-6900XT-6800XT-6800-vs-GeForce-RTX-3090-3080-2080Ti-2K-1536x864.jpg

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-discloses-more-radeon-rx-6900xt-rx-6800xt-and-rx-6800-gaming-benchmarks

Fingers crossed, but again it all means absolutely nothing until the 3rd party reviews come out and real world testing. I really hope its not a paper launch also, I gonna be mashing the F5 for the 6800XT to keep me going for the 6900XT.

I'm getting on the hype train.

Just wondering where will be best to try & get a 6800 XT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

Yeah, my 3070 hasn't even arrived and definitely getting the 6800XT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

The owner of the place I work for sent me this and I figured it would be suitable on boards also :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjOPweJU8eU

• Registered Users Posts: 54,173 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

When is the 6900XT released?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Headshot wrote: »
    When is the 6900XT released?

December.

I would much prefer a pre order system then the F5 marathon...gonna be a case of having 3 screens open and everyone you know trying to get it for you ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,391 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

PSU reccomendation for the 6800?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Overheal wrote: »

Depends on CPU and if any 3rd party reviewers see any power spikes like the 3080 as it's 300w vs 320, but you're probably looking at around 650w to be safe, if not 750w to really play it safe with a good bit of headroom.

Edit: my bad didn't see it wasn't the XT you were asking about. Probably 550/650 then like the 3070 as it's 220w

Do we know UK pricing for the 6800 and 6800XT yet? The 5600X caught me a bit by suprise based on the US MSRP.

48h8yu8cifx51.png

Gimme.

It's 250W TDP so can probably get away with 500W quality PSU.

• Advertisement

Do we know UK pricing for the 6800 and 6800XT yet? The 5600X caught me a bit by suprise based on the US MSRP.

Hoping it's close to the MSRP in euro as it is in dollars. OEMS will probably be around €50 more expensive though.

The 6800xt seems to up to 20% faster than the 6800 though for only €75 more.

AMD would have killed it sticking the 6800 at €550 but it might still be the best price/performance card on the market especially if it overclocks well.

Cant say I've ever had issues with Unreal engine on Radeon.

Cant say I've ever had issues with Unreal engine on Radeon.

There's no real problems with it but it has favored Nvidia slightly for a while.

PhysX is the default physics system used by the engine and it has RTX support and gameworks if you want to use or play around with them.

It's not a huge issue though with AMD's new cards having RT support which the engine will support and the 16gb of memory is huge. More memory = better graphics always in either real time or static baked lighting scenarios.

UE5 is on the way anyway which is gonna shake things up a fair bit and make most of the proprietary Nvidia features redundant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

BloodBath wrote:
    UE5 is on the way anyway which is gonna shake things up a fair bit and make most of the proprietary Nvidia features redundant.

considering both ps5 and xbox are built on Big navi and zen Nvidia's advantages are going to evaporate

• Registered Users Posts: 54,173 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Your going to have forgive me but it's been a very long time since i used AMD GPUs

How are AMD drivers these days better than or equal to Nvidia?

Do AMD have anything like Nvidia Experience?

Your going to have forgive me but it's been a very long time since i used AMD GPUs

Had issues with the 5700 for a while but they seem perfect now.

Haven't had an issue in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I do not know what Nvidia experience is but AMD have pretty good features in software. Built in FPS counter, GPU usage, VRAM, RAM, CPU etc...

Radeon Chill, FPS limiter(handy when I have only 60Hz Tv)
    Other features too that I can't even think of off the top of my head.

I don't think about them? I update them and they work. I play games I shoot things and they blow up. Can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

I've had a 5700 XT since September last year. I had some minor issues that were solved with one of AMD's October drivers last year. Haven't had a single driver related issue since, which is over a year now. I've also been installing their latest drivers immediately as they're released.

I have to say I rather their Radeon Settings application to Geforce Experience - No silly forced login, and pretty good inbuilt FPS/Temperatures/Memory/CPU Usage/GPU Usage monitoring. Saves having to run MSI Afterburner in the background. There's also Radeon Relive as an alternative to Geforce Shadowplay if you're into streaming/recording gameplay. The little bit I've used it, it's worked just fine, just as good as Shadowplay.

• Advertisement

Dont mention the war......:D

Advertisement