Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Do we know UK pricing for the 6800 and 6800XT yet? The 5600X caught me a bit by suprise based on the US MSRP.

What do you mean?

I just looked as scan.co.uk - ROG Stix B550 + 5600x is for £450, while the MB asks for £200. That leaves the 5600x for £250. That's actually better what I would expect for MSRP $299 part.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Overheal wrote: »
    I don't think about them? I update them and they work. I play games I shoot things and they blow up. Can't complain.

That isn't how Farming Simulator works. Those poor sheep, what did they ever do to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I haven't been on team red since my 7970. Not sure which side to choose now...........

Rob2D wrote: »
    I haven't been on team red since my 7970. Not sure which side to choose now...........

If they seem equal, choose the underdog. AMD needs your money much more than nVidia right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Rob2D wrote: »

Last time I was on team red was the monster 6990 that served me very well, I think it was the nvidia 295 before that if memory serves me correctly. Any GPU I ever had was cutting edge since launch apart from the 10 series where life and bills got in the way of PC gaming and building.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

grogi wrote: »
    What do you mean?

I just looked as scan.co.uk - ROG Stix B550 + 5600x is for £450, while the MB asks for £200. That leaves the 5600x for £250. That's actually better what I would expect for MSRP $299 part.

279 - 289 sterling seems to be the RRP which is a bit higher than expected against 299 dollars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

279 - 289 sterling seems to be the RRP which is a bit higher than expected against 299 dollars

299 dollars does not include taxes.

299 USD = approx 228 GBP.
    With 20% UK VAT => 273 GBP

I very much doubt anywhere will be taking pre orders for the 6800XT will they? And the AIB cards will not be available on the same day as launch :(

From experience gathered over years buying computer stuff, $299 ~ €309 ~ £279.

Simirarly $649 6800XT would translate to approximately €659-€679 (depending on the local VAT rate, Germany being the cheapest) and £619...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I very much doubt anywhere will be taking pre orders for the 6800XT will they? And the AIB cards will not be available on the same day as launch :(

I feel the initial stock of reference cards will go quick

https://wccftech.com/asus-warns-low-amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt-stock-aib-custom-cards-to-launch-1-2-weeks-later/

• Advertisement

Not sure about the reference cooler. Some reports of it being noisy although not to AMDs usual jet engine simulator I'm sure. Thinking the 6800 with a lower power might not be a problem but I want to OC. Think I'm gonna have to wait.

Not sure about the reference cooler. Some reports of it being noisy although not to AMDs usual jet engine simulator I'm sure. Thinking the 6800 with a lower power might not be a problem but I want to OC. Think I'm gonna have to wait.

I was away down the country for the 3080 launch and I still waiting so gonna go for the 6800XT on launch day and if successful keep it till the 6900XT launches. Im sure I will move it on only a month later if I get the 6900XT.

So the 6800XT AIB cards do not concern me too much a vanilla will do as I dont intend to keep it....but I will keep it until I get the 6900XT card I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Where did you see that?
    I haven't heard any leaks on RX 6800 coolers.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Where did you see that?
    I haven't heard any leaks on RX 6800 coolers.

Sorry it was about the 6800XT cooler. I assumed it was the same.

Wonder if we're going to get junction temperature again...

• Registered Users Posts: 54,173 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Guys i've been looking at various UK websites such as Overclockers, Scan to see can I find a pre-order for the Radeon RX 6800 XT and nothing?

Wonder if we're going to get junction temperature again...

Was lookin at an article somewhere that mentioned amd having different bios modes for the 6800XT,one was called turbo and had a temp limit of 95C......

EoinHef wrote: »
    Was lookin at an article somewhere that mentioned amd having different bios modes for the 6800XT,one was called turbo and had a temp limit of 95C......

Good old Igor

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Headshot wrote: »
    Guys i've been looking at various UK websites such as Overclockers, Scan to see can I find a pre-order for the Radeon RX 6800 XT and nothing?

not a chance you will be able to pre order anywhere...you can expect a similar but worse scenario like the 5000 series last week

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Headshot wrote: »

They're not in sale for like 2 weeks. Give them a chance.

• Advertisement

Yeah, highly doubt there will be pre orders up and if they are If you have to pay up front for an open ended delivery then FOOK THAT!

Its gonna be an F5 marathon on launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,817 ✭✭✭SeanW

Good luck getting a card on Launch day ... or any time thereafter. Chinese website QQ has reported that the lowest-end Big Navi, the 6800, will beat the nVidia 3090 in cryptocurrency mining. The effects of that according to both Not An Apple Fan and other youtubers like GamerMeld, is that it will be likely that there will be serious availability problems with the Big Navi cards even if they have (as they most likely do) much more to sell than nVidia had with Ampere. Additionally, some board partners have warned "expect stock to sell out in the first few minutes"

At this rate, I'd have to suggest anyone looking to build a new PC that may be used with games, should wait at least the beginning of next year. Between the ongoing mess with nvidia Ampere, the insane demand for Ryzen 5000 and likely a compound of problems for Big Navi, there's going to be no real point in trying to build a new rig this year.

Are people still using GPUs for Cryptomining? I thought dedicated miner yokes was were it was at?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

SeanW wrote: »
    Good luck getting a card on Launch day ... or any time thereafter. Chinese website QQ has reported that the lowest-end Big Navi, the 6800, will beat the nVidia 3090 in cryptocurrency mining. The effects of that according to both Not An Apple Fan and other youtubers like GamerMeld, is that it will be likely that there will be serious availability problems with the Big Navi cards even if they have (as they most likely do) much more to sell than nVidia had with Ampere. Additionally, some board partners have warned "expect stock to sell out in the first few minutes"

At this rate, I'd have to suggest anyone looking to build a new PC that may be used with games, should wait at least the beginning of next year. Between the ongoing mess with nvidia Ampere, the insane demand for Ryzen 5000 and likely a compound of problems for Big Navi, there's going to be no real point in trying to build a new rig this year.

In fairness I don't think not an apple fan has much of a clue what he's talking about half the time.

Mining is all about power efficiency. High end cards aren't very power efficient or cost effective. Most miners tend to use lower to mid range cards in large numbers.

No idea of the exact numbers though so he might be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,817 ✭✭✭SeanW

Time will tell whether the cryptomining claim is BS or not. But most likely it's not a question of whether or not all the new cards sell out in minutes, but rather from launch how long you'll be waiting before they are reasonably available, if the Ampere and Ryzen 5000 launches are anything to go by.

Are people still using GPUs for Cryptomining? I thought dedicated miner yokes was were it was at?

Etherum - yes, absolutely.

I think the reference models are going to sell out near instantly,just have to hope the AiBs have a lot of stock two weeks later.

EoinHef wrote: »
    I think the reference models are going to sell out near instantly,just have to hope the AiBs have a lot of stock two weeks later.

Wasn't Asus saying they reckon their initial AIB stock will be gone in minutes?

• Advertisement

Wasn't Asus saying they reckon their initial AIB stock will be gone in minutes?

I thought that was their reference models?

AMD allows brands to sell the reference model ie you can buy a reference model from Asus

Advertisement