Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

17 and working for Woolworths during a Xmas toy fad in the 90s. One woman who would these days be described as I bit of a MILF made it quite clear what was on offer for a Tellytubbie...

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

17 and working for Woolworths during a Xmas toy fad in the 90s. One woman who would these days be described as I bit of a MILF made it quite clear what was on offer for a Tellytubbie...

Did you give her your tinkywinky?

I wonder what she would have done for a Cabbage Patch Kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Didnt Nvidia basically do it though, like they released the reviews a day before hand and some of their claims ie faster than a 2080ti and 2x faster than a 2080ti were well a little over the top, so i wouldnt put it past AMD to do it too.

I do have to agree reviews being released on launch day sucks (regardless if its parts games movies though its usually a bad sign in the second 2) and is IMO a bit anti consumer, not giving people a chance to see real world vs cherry picked results.
    Allowing them to do some proper research before the attempt to press F5 for a day. Then again people dont have to buy day one but sure we are all a little impatient here :p

I will be interested in seeing how the cards perform on a non zen 3 5000 series x570/b55o board combo I have no shares in AMDs launch since getting a 3070, im happy out im just interested.

Reviewers have had the cards for a week or two now, the 6800's at least. Ans NDA release on product launch seems to have become the standard practise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Gamermeld is saying the 6800xt is faster than the 3080 in some areas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Some of the AIBs on the tinternet are so good looking. ASrock have a beautiful looking 6800XT......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

You never searched so frantically for a Tellytubbie in your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Some of the AIBs on the tinternet are so good looking. ASrock have a beautiful looking 6800XT......

If they have a 6900xt version of this I'll be happy :)
    https://rog.asus.com/articles/gaming-graphics-cards/asus-radeon-rx-6800-rx-6800-xt-rog-tuf-gaming/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

fergus1001 wrote: »
    Gamermeld is saying the 6800xt is faster than the 3080 in some areas

And 3090

• Registered Users Posts: 82,391 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Does anyone have any details on the AiB cards?

What's your preference: buy early tomorrow, wait for the reviews, or wait for the AiB cards one way or the other? They're only going to be more expensive though aren't they

Asrock 6800 XT Taichi

ASRock-Radeon-RX-6800-XT-Taichi-Graphics-Card_1-1030x530.jpg
    ASRock-Radeon-RX-6800-XT-Taichi-Graphics-Card_2-1030x530.jpg
    ASRock-Radeon-RX-6800-XT-Taichi-Graphics-Card_3-1030x470.jpg

Gigabyte 6800 XT OC

Gigabyte-Radeon-RX-6800-XT-Gaming-OC-Graphics-Card.jpg

Sapphire Nitro+ 6800 XT

Sapphire_Radeon_6800.jpg
    11304_02_rx6800xt_nitro_c05_r_800x500.ashx?v=1bbb4fe419524047a0c071adc83e702d
    11304_02_rx6800xt_nitro_c04_r_800x500.ashx?v=e90022cdee3a4aee9a9979b74b837bfa

XFX 6800 X...L ?

58WPQc2vH90bPHwY.jpg

MSI 6800 series

tOJ9wER3y2JvwVDL.jpg

ASUS 6800 XT ROG Strix LC

ASUS-Radeon-RX-6800-XT-16GB-ROG-STRIX-LC-OC-Graphics-Card2-768x576.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LineConsole

I wonder if there will be much point in buying the 6800 if there is only a 70 USD difference between that and the xt model. I can see me shaving some savings off another part of the new build to strech for the xt version. That should see me for at least 6 years of gaming. Unless European price differences are wildly different to the US, which going by how things have been lately will probably be the case.

Gonna try my hardest to get a 6800XT to tide me over for either a 6900XT or the 3080TI....im stuck here with a 1060 and its driving me mad!!!!!

Its a great card all the same....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Will wait for benchmarks I guess but the 6800xt has 12 more CU's at 72 than the 6800 at 60. Also higher clocks.

That's 20% more CU's and RT cores for only 13% higher cost. The 6800xt should be the best price/performance graphics card on the market.

It's only 8 more CU's going from the 6800xt to the the 6900xt.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

They will be like gold dust...expect a 3080 scenario all over again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Don't think I'll have a choice if I want to see reviews,cards will be gone quick so I guess that leaves me looking at the launch of AiBs on the 25th to pick a card up

I’m gonna try snag a non founders edition 6800xt. Do the other manufacturers versions of the cards usually come out on launch day too?

Never mind, Eoin I assume that’s what you meant by AIB so have already answered my question. Sorry not up on the terminology

I was expecting at least a few vendors have them listed at least but cant seem to find anything.....considering the launch is tomorrow I would have expected the sites to be ready to go.

Will it be like midnight tonight they will go on sale or is it 9am tomorrow morning job, was away for the 3080 launch how did that launch?

Tomorrow for the 6800 and 6800xt I believe.

Im not keen on any founders edition/ whatever the AMD equivalent is so looks like I’ll be waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,391 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Do we know any pricing for vendor cards

edit: found a 6800XT on sale at Newegg for $135. Might need your own waterblock though, yikes!

14-141-075-02.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

AIB cards have a suggested launch on the 25th of this month
    Newegg and microcentre in the US have said both reference models go on sale tomorrow from 9est which is 2pm gmt

sapphire 6800 according to a leak on videocardz will cost 703 euros but i think it will be cheaper personally
    the sapphire nitro 6800xt will retail at 839 euros
    and the sapphire nitro argb with usb c 6800xt will retail at 874 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

Overheal wrote: »

edit: found a 6800XT on sale at Newegg for $135. Might need your own waterblock though, yikes!

14-141-075-02.jpg

What a beast

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Govannan

Where/how will the cards be available at launch? Is it just a case of pressing F5 on amazon/scan etc until you see them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Govannan wrote: »
    Where/how will the cards be available at launch? Is it just a case of pressing F5 on amazon/scan etc until you see them?

Honest answer, best bet is to wait for a month or two for the demand to die down. I expect regardless of the stock levels, the demand for these new tier of cards is insane.

Honest answer, best bet is to wait for a month or two for the demand to die down. I expect regardless of the stock levels, the demand for these new tier of cards is insane.

Have been waiting since launch for a 3080 and no joy, so might aswell jump on the AMD bandwagaon and try to get a 6800XT that will do me until Feb/Mar when I can buy what ever I want hopefully which will be a 3080ti AIB or a 69000XT AIB

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Overheal wrote: »

14-141-075-02.jpg

It's AGP, not seen that in a long time, bargain price of $135 yo!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Have been waiting since launch for a 3080 and no joy, so might aswell jump on the AMD bandwagaon and try to get a 6800XT that will do me until Feb/Mar when I can buy what ever I want hopefully which will be a 3080ti AIB or a 69000XT AIB

How much do you want to pay for a FE 3080?
    https://www.palicomp.co.uk/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=1948&virtuemart_category_id=61&Itemid=106

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Might have to take out a mortgage on a new graphics card at this rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I really want to support Team Red tomorrow, but this will be a total PITA.

Advertisement