Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I really want to support Team Red tomorrow, but this will be a total PITA.

Is it a 2 o’clock kick off like the CPU’s? Best of luck to anyone going for one anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,173 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I suspect there will be a lot broken F5 keys tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I was expecting at least a few vendors have them listed at least but cant seem to find anything.....considering the launch is tomorrow I would have expected the sites to be ready to go.

Will it be like midnight tonight they will go on sale or is it 9am tomorrow morning job, was away for the 3080 launch how did that launch?

I wonder are they not listed so scalpers can't get the URL till the cards are live

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

out of interest, who are selling the 6800xt tommorow (reference)

does amd have a store to sell direct or hows it going to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Anyone know what time they go on sale tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,173 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

sink wrote: »
    Anyone know what time they go on sale tomorrow?

Wondering the same myself....if its live at school time the kids are not going.....and if its live at pick up time they not coming home!

:mad:

General consensus is that is 2pm Paddy time.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭cromelex

My Ryzen 5600X was on preorder on Amazon at some point the day before... it's quite possible the cards will start showing up prior to 2PM.

Keep that in mind, and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Some cnut better not steal my GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

Some cnut better not steal my GPU.

I'll swap ye mine for a Tellytubby....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

General consensus is that these cards will be worse than the 3080 on launch day availability wise.
    It is a 1-2 week wait for AIB versions to come on the market also..Seem's AMD took a leaf out of jensen wangs book there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Headshot wrote: »

Thats an interesting read.

"Selective Ray Tracing effects can be used..."

Interesting way of putting it. I wonder as time passes will there be much more granular control of RT than low medium high ultra,would certainly be nice to just keep the exact effects you want and maybe cut some to get some performance back.

Won't be around for the launch tomorrow so hope anyone who wants one gets one,best of luck!!!

HOLY FOOK :mad:

Just read on the OCUK forums that there will be no official launch cards for the 6800 series tomorrow in the UK as supplies are virtually non exsistent.

OCUK is one of the forums I read this on.....TBH I taught it was a bit weird that no one in the UK had any info or even listings for the cards, but that could be to stop the scalpers setting up the URLs in advance of launch.

Dont know what to make of this TBH :confused::rolleyes:

Makes Nvidia look golden in comparison if legit!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,391 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Who is buying tomorrow and who is buying an AiB? I'm on the fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

IF there are Vendor cards available I would like to try for a 6800xt.
    Failing that I will wait till the 25th and see what 6900 availability is like, AIB 6800xt are launching then as well afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

522938.jpg?b64lines=SlVTVCByZWxlYXNlIFRIRQogREFNTiBiZW5jaG1hcmtzIQ==

Overheal wrote: »
    Who is buying tomorrow and who is buying an AiB? I'm on the fence.

I want a 6800XT to tide me over for the 6900XT or the 3080TI.

I will take reference card today no probs.

Apparently there will be a flood of AIB cards within the next 2 weeks, as stocks of AIB cards have been mounting over the last 2 months according to wccftech

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    Apparently there will be a flood of AIB cards within the next 2 weeks, as stocks of AIB cards have been mounting over the last 2 months according to wccftech

Fingers Crossed....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Fingers Crossed....:rolleyes:

I personally love that power color version of the 6800xt would fit lovely into my lian li lancool 2 colour scheme

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

HOLY FOOK :mad:

Just read on the OCUK forums that there will be no official launch cards for the 6800 series tomorrow in the UK as supplies are virtually non exsistent.

OCUK is one of the forums I read this on.....TBH I taught it was a bit weird that no one in the UK had any info or even listings for the cards, but that could be to stop the scalpers setting up the URLs in advance of launch.

Dont know what to make of this TBH :confused::rolleyes:

Makes Nvidia look golden in comparison if legit!

Apparently fake news

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    I personally love that power color version of the 6800xt would fit lovely into my lian li lancool 2 colour scheme

Reminds me of an open fire in an old house :pac:

Not the biggest fan of Powercolor since the faulty 5700XT I had. The AMD side just don't seem to have the premium card makers; I loved the EVGA stuff I've had for the green team.

Reminds me of the EVER-READY batteries, but it does look very well.

So are we still thinking 2pm Irish time....or any one see anything different?

Have amazon.co.uk open for the 6800XT and 5600X, google search for same and the AMD subreddit open...

And I'm not even sure if I'm buying! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Apparently fake news

Seems unlikely. There are reports of stock everywhere, just not enough to meet demand. Seems like over the next month AMD will be flooding the market with cards.

Just seen a rumour on the AMD subreddit that there will only be an initial shipment of reference cards, then it's over to AIBs for supply.

Just seen a rumour on the AMD subreddit that there will only be an initial shipment of reference cards, then it's over to AIBs for supply.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing.....

• Advertisement

Is that a good thing or a bad thing.....

One less supplier I guess.

Advertisement