Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

DLSS performance is steering me towards another Nvidia card. I'll see in the New Year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LineConsole

I think price wise I'm sold on the 6800xt. It's almost a 3080 for a lot less money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

DLSS performance is steering me towards another Nvidia card. I'll see in the New Year.

My problem there is Nvidia and their stingy ram.

If the RTX3070 had 10GB of vram at least it would be a major winner for me due to DLSS.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

I do not get the whole launch rush and the stress that goes with it

Just wait a while then you can pick the cpu and gpu that you want and are in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Homelander wrote: »
    My problem there is Nvidia and their stingy ram.

If the RTX3070 had 10GB of vram at least it would be a major winner for me due to DLSS.

Exactly, there's pros and cons for both.

I would say next year we're gonna see games that really want more than 8gb of vram thanks to next gen consoles having 13.5gb of available vram.

There's already a handful that do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Headshot wrote: »
    site is ****ed as well lol

tis madness every where

Yea was as bad as if not worse than the 3080 launch got the Order is being processed email from AMD but not 100% confident ill get it

• Registered Users Posts: 82,392 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

weisses wrote: »
    I do not get the whole launch rush and the stress that goes with it

Just wait a while then you can pick the cpu and gpu that you want and are in stock

It's only the fastest for so long and it will be the same price for quite a while, so maximize your economic utility by getting it early and using it often.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Its called FOMO, pretty strong motivator TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

Apparently 6800xt getting 600mhz OC by Gamermeld but the performance boost isn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

My problem with the 3070 is the lack of GDDR6x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Everytime I watch these reviews I remember I have a 60Hz monitor, I'm more than happy with, and the 5700XT drives more than 60FPS.

I'm in the same boat

BuT I aLwaYs Get cAugHt bY tHe hyPe

Overheal wrote: »
    It's only the fastest for so long and it will be the same price for quite a while, so maximize your economic utility by getting it early and using it often.

I agree getting it early ..Only not day 1

weisses wrote: »
    I agree getting it early ..Only not day 1

I mean, no point in not trying if I'm already planning to buy. No great loss for not getting it today, not setting my hair on fire on facebook pages because of a paper launch etc. like some of these cranky yahoos.

On the other hand when you see people scalping them it's a bit irritating :)

NnugEf4bYBvzeESVVeis8A.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

On the other hand when you see people scalping them it's a bit irritating :)

Fools and their money I guess.

I mean, no point in not trying if I'm already planning to buy. No great loss for not getting it today, not setting my hair on fire on facebook pages because of a paper launch etc. like some of these cranky yahoos.

Ohh sure ... If you go online on day 1 and can get what you want, Happy days.

Problem what you see now is people put in a que ..getting their money taken and not having a card or cpu at the end of the day .... If you see the ranting that's going on on some fora

So personally I just wait this one out a bit and will get my Mobo cpu and gpu when they are actually available.

Im definitely not on the preorder bandwagon, card upfront or no swipe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LineConsole

Im definitely not on the preorder bandwagon, card upfront or no swipe.

Me too. I'm waiting till I can get on next day delivery. However long that is.

Interesting that Currys UK don't even have the 6000 series cards listed. I suspect they probably have higher standards when it comes to stock levels required to sell a product in their online store.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Me too. I'm waiting till I can get on next day delivery. However long that is.

Interesting that Currys UK don't even have the 6000 series cards listed. I suspect they probably have higher standards when it comes to stock levels required to sell a product in their online store.

Currys uk wont deliver to the republic even though they have branches here..you have to use UK mailbox service

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

I just want to say that im so happy i did not put myself through the stress of that **** show today..im going to wait to see what the 3080ti brings to the table

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    I just want to say that im so happy i did not put myself through the stress of that **** show today..im going to wait to see what the 3080ti brings to the table

I'm thinking I might be swayed by the 3070ti. Might even pickup a 2080ti if one lands at the right price.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Think I'll pick up a 6800XT but I'm in no hurry to do so, when ever stock is readily available.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see an AMD price drop on these cards when stock demands are met in the new year. The 6800 in particular if dropped closer to the 3070 when they're both readily available will hoover up that price point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I'm thinking I might be swayed by the 3070ti. Might even pickup a 2080ti if one lands at the right price.

Id have no problem with a 2080ti if I got one at a decent price, these cards did not become obsolete over night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Id have no problem with a 2080ti if I got one at a decent price, these cards did not become obsolete over night.

Exactly. Sucks for the late buyers who've been gazumped but the best thing about all the new cards is it brings these incredible cards into buyable range for a lot more people.

I would never consider spending 1000 or anything like it on any GPU, but the prospect of a 2080Ti for €450 sometime soon is very exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

I would love to buy one today, since I already sold my 1080ti and I have a low-end just for desktop apps for now.
    But I will wait for decent availability and 3rd party options, especially one from the Nitro series.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I don't think I'll be buying this side of Xmas, I want a good AIO cooled version to direct the heat properly and we'll be lucky if the AIBs have decent designs out before the new year. I'm also burnt-out out and disillusioned with so many poorly resourced launches in such a short time.
    The reviews were as expected I think, it comes down to DLSS+RayTracing versus VRAM. I like DLSS and RT but they are massively underused currently, there's no guarantee we will see an uptick in use in the next couple of years whereas there is a guarantee that the current 10GB on Nividia's core products will be an issue (I think by early 2022) Yes the current consoles have more but it's shared with the rest of the system so when you factor in the OS and then all other game assets 10GB dedicated for graphics might be just fine for the time that devs are focusing on parity initially but it will fade quickly enough when they can refocus for Ultra settings on PC to expand beyond them.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

It does look like we have genuine competition in the GPU market once more, which is long overdue.

I wasn't planning on an upgrade this generation (happy @ 1440p with the 5700XT), but I can feel that upgrade bug biting again now looking at reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    I don't think I'll be buying this side of Xmas, I want a good AIO cooled version to direct the heat properly and we'll be lucky if the AIBs have decent designs out before the new year. I'm also burnt-out out and disillusioned with so many poorly resourced launches in such a short time.
    The reviews were as expected I think, it comes down to DLSS+RayTracing versus VRAM. I like DLSS and RT but they are massively underused currently, there's no guarantee we will see an uptick in use in the next couple of years whereas there is a guarantee that the current 10GB on Nividia's core products will be an issue (I think by early 2022) Yes the current consoles have more but it's shared with the rest of the system so when you factor in the OS and then all other game assets 10GB dedicated for graphics might be just fine for the time that devs are focusing on parity initially but it will fade quickly enough when they can refocus for Ultra settings on PC to expand beyond them.

ASUS & PowerColor are guaranteed to do liquid-cooled Navi models.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

_CreeD_ wrote: »

There's 13.5gb of available vram on the consoles. It's only using 2.5 for the OS.

Compression technology's come into play as well so maybe Nvidia isn't as bad as it seems either. Time will tell.

Advertisement