Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

game4it70 wrote: »
    From Gibbo at Overclockers,

So last week was a paper launch with barely any stock and this week will be the same

Fair enough the reference cards but how the hell do they not even have enough to list the AiBs?

This is as bad or worse than Amperes launch:(

I think OCUK are making a better decision doing it the way they are going to,its not their fault the supply is low and they are doing what they can to not build up big lists of people waiting. At least they learned there lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

EoinHef wrote: »
    So last week was a paper launch with barely any stock and this week will be the same

Fair enough the reference cards but how the hell do they not even have enough to list the AiBs?

This is as bad or worse than Amperes launch:(

I think OCUK are making a better decision doing it the way they are going to,its not their fault the supply is low and they are doing what they can to not build up big lists of people waiting. At least they learned there lesson

From what i read, OCUK have a priority list on their forum, so with stocks being so low, no point opening it up to the general public

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭SeanW

Wizard! wrote: »
    Scan UK just removed the 6000 series from their filters:
    https://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer-hardware/gpu-amd/
    I saw that too. The way I figure it, either they're planning website changes to beat the bots, or they got so few, if any cards that they were just like "forget this" and are just going to withdraw the category entirely. Which, frankly would be perfectly fair.

I don't know how many cards Scan have, if any, but if I were them (they have a shop/warehouse/something in Bolton, England) I would be tempted to just sell them to locals from their physical location.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Well this is new,a launch where they dont actually sell the cards at all.

Someone better collect that $10 dollars off the AMD guy who said it wasnt a paper launch on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

What time were these cards supposed to go live today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Can't wait to see Hardware Unboxed defence of this one.

Bloody hell...

534149.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Seems like the stock of AIB cards globally is pretty much non-existent. Large vendors got either nothing, or a handful of cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yep, just listed what we CAN buy....all these GPU tease's. Not so much a paper launch more like a VAPOUR LAUNCH!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Sitting here wondering why Powercolor would limit themselves to 1000 Red Devils, now I'm thinking they'll be lucky to have 1000 cards!

So much for AIB parrtners having alot more stock.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Rezident

Homelander wrote: »
    My reference 6800 got shipped today. Thank God. Was getting really frustrated with the whole rtx debacle.

Merry Christmas! How or where did you get one? I've never even seen one one listed anywhere and AMD's launch today was a joke by all accounts.

What time were these cards supposed to go live today?

2pm but such little stock that retailers are not even listing them as it's not worth it crashing their sites until they get more stock, probably next week.

Been saving all year and I literally cannot get anyone to take my money. Mad year altogether.

Rezident wrote: »
    Merry Christmas! How or where did you get one? I've never even seen one one listed anywhere and AMD's launch today was a joke by all accounts.

they launched last tuesday on the AMD website. got an email today as well saying it was shipped, and double good news as also got an email from AWD that my ryzen 5 5600x was shipping today also. Bad news is, the wife won't let me build it till Xmas :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,345 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Been saving all year and I literally cannot get anyone to take my money. Mad year altogether.

I'm available

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

AMD on launch day. Not even sure how, as I didn't get around to order until half an hour after launch.

I think with all the time-outs and 404'ing, and the fact I could just sit at work F5'ing, I just got lucky and slipped through.

Also have an RTX3070 paid for since launch day that it's looking like I might not see until next year.

they launched last tuesday on the AMD website. got an email today as well saying it was shipped, and double good news as also got an email from AWD that my ryzen 5 5600x was shipping today also. Bad news is, the wife won't let me build it till Xmas :mad:

Should check it was soon as you get it - you'll find retailers more amenable to returns if notified of a problem sooner rather than later. Maybe build it and then don't use it. Yet more electronic equivalents of blue balls!

I don't actually need the extra performance yet (at 1440p), as I don't play games on launch anymore, I wait until they are working properly, so I'm only playing RDR2 and Modern Warfare now (both brilliant!) after finally getting around to the Witcher 3 (epic!) so I guess I just won't be buying any new games until after I get a card, which looks like next year now.

Still haven't finished Alyx, I would like the new card for that alright.

New games are always such a buggy mess on launch anyway. At least now i won't be tempted to splash out on Cyberpunk etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LineConsole

Where the flips the AIB cards lads? Haven't seen one for sale yet. I've got an unplayed Witcher 3, a new PC and 27 inch 1440p 144hz monitor ready to rock.

• Advertisement

Where the flips the AIB cards lads? Haven't seen one for sale yet. I've got an unplayed Witcher 3, a new PC and 27 inch 1440hz monitor ready to rock.

Join the club, if it was not for my PS5 I would be kicking the cat around the house in madness!

Where the flips the AIB cards lads? Haven't seen one for sale yet. I've got an unplayed Witcher 3, a new PC and 27 inch 1440p 144hz monitor ready to rock.

I recently finished Witcher 3 at 1440p and it was great and gorgeous on an older GPU. Does not need a new card, even with a fair few mods. Wonderful game - and Blood & Wine is the best expansion I have ever played for any game. Masterful - enjoy and definitely get a few of the essential mods.

Looks like the cards will be next week and stocks are very low and prices are very high. I actually might wait for a reference card from AMD, as performance is easily good enough, some of the AIB 6800 XTs are up to £800!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LineConsole

I recently finished Witcher 3 at 1440p and it was great and gorgeous on an older GPU. Does not need a new card, even with a fair few mods. Wonderful game - and Blood & Wine is the best expansion I have ever played for any game. Masterful - enjoy and definitely get a few of the essential mods.

I was actually thinking I might just buy a 5700 xt or a 2070 super and revisit the market in a few months once the madness has settled down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I was actually thinking I might just buy a 5700 xt or a 2070 super and revisit the market in a few months once the madness has settled down.

The 5700 XT has gone up in price since the 6000 series of cards were announced. I assumed they would go down in price but the opposite has occurred.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

They stopped manufacturing the 5700 and slowed 5700xt manufacturing.

You can't get 5700's anywhere. Price has gone up on the xt's because of supply issues as well.

You would be better off grabbing 1 second hand.

card just arrived. it's an absolute beast of a card. dread to think how big and how heavy the XT version must be. Granted i've not bought a GPU in about 10 years, but it's twice the size and weight of anything i've ever bought :eek:

eRj7fk2m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Quite a few retailers globally have pointed out they received nothing. Not a single unit. This includes the US which is the usual primary market.

Paper launch would be a understatement.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

$800 MSRP for the Powercolor unavailable edition.

Might be better off, 90% of the people who want cards will not get cards, there is no stock, anywhere. And those who do will pay over the odds, 6800 XTs are heading for £800, what's that nearly €900!? I don't even need it, I just want it.

With this demand and no stock, might be better off to leave it for a few months, there is simply no stock. My card is actually fine, I think I'll just keep my money, not that I have much choice!

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    $800 MSRP for the Powercolor unavailable edition.

• So STG£800 ~ €900!
    • Very similar to AMD reference in terms of performance, power, heat, and noise
    • Raytracing performance significantly worse than NVIDIA
    • Memory overclocking artificially limited
    So what do you get for your €900? 3 or 4 FPS faster than reference?

I still love you my old Vega, don't leave me now, you'll last another year won't you? ;)

Advertisement