Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There was one parts alert post but all I got from it was add to cart which turned to out of stock when I clicked on it.

You have to be quick. I actually found it to be in stock before Discord/Partsalert did as I was monitoring that and AMD buy direct as last week by continually refreshing AMD webpage showed nothing but I then checked Discord/partsalert and seen they showed it in stock but like you when I clicked on their link it was sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Simi wrote: »
    I seem to remember them blocking the last graphics card I tried to buy actually. But this was going through my Curve card so It should have worked.

Ah well there's always next Thursday.

Interesting that the 6800XT isn't triggering the PartAlert bots, even though it's showing as in stock at the drop time. It really must be non-existent.

Yeah, its a pain. You'd think in this day and age they have their systems sorted out.

We go again next week.

At least a few people here got one, which is good, but also increases (slightly) our probability of getting one next week. I'll have my finger on the trigger with Paypal ready to rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

So is it every Thursday they put a few up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

xtal191 wrote: »

Yeah, start refreshing around 16:45 ;)

xtal191 wrote: »

Every 6th Thursday of the previous month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

When the month has an 'a', 'd' or 'm' in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

For those of you who received a card from AMD, how long did you get it after the order?
    I have a tracking number from DHL Parcel NL and it is stuck since Monday...
    Was hoping to have it by tomorrow to setup everything on weekend and enjoy St Paddy's day off...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Wizard! wrote: »
    For those of you who received a card from AMD, how long did you get it after the order?
    Was hoping to have it by tomorrow to setup everything on weekend and enjoy St Paddy's day off...

Ordered on a Thursday and received the following Thursday.

Don't forget there is a drop again today at 16:30

1. Login to Paypal, complete the 2FA and have the tab open to keep the connection alive
    2. Make sure address and card info are correct
    3. Navigate to AMD and spam F5 starting 5 minutes before, until 16:45 at least
    4. If you get an "Access Denied" error, clear your cookies and try again, but accept cookies, or else it doesn't work
    5. Once you have the card into to the cart, proceed with "Paypal checkout", don't waste time to enter address info
    6. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Don't forget there is a drop again today at 16:30

1. Login to Paypal, complete the 2FA and have the tab open to keep the connection alive
    2. Make sure address and card info are correct
    3. Navigate to AMD and spam F5 starting 5 minutes before, until 16:45 at least
    4. If you get an "Access Denied" error, clear your cookies and try again, but accept cookies, or else it doesn't work
    5. Once you have the card into to the cart, proceed with "Paypal checkout", don't waste time to enter address info
    6. Best of luck!

Thank you for this.
    Does AMD shop have any account log in or just product to cart and straight to checkout with paypal?

• Advertisement

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    Thank you for this.
    Does AMD shop have any account log in or just product to cart and straight to checkout with paypal?
    I don't think they support accounts at this stage. There is no visible Register/Login link, nor a password field if you try to checkout when filling your personal information.
    You can add to cart a 3950X, which is usually available, and go through the process to get yourself familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

From what I understand, most times the card arrives without any notification of anything having happened.

From what I understand, most times the card arrives without any notification of anything having happened.
    Maybe, but I received an email confirmation with Tracking Number, and DHL Parcel NL says they just received the info, nothing else.
    I really hope you are right though :rolleyes:

Maybe, but I received an email confirmation with Tracking Number, and DHL Parcel NL says they just received the info, nothing else.

I know of two other people where it just turned up without anything.

DHL may have handled it from AMD to another carrier/regular post. Try putting the tracking number into an post tracker or a generic tracker like https://www.17track.net/en

I know of two other people where it just turned up without anything.
    DHL may have handled it from AMD to another carrier/regular post. Try putting the tracking number into an post tracker or a generic tracker like https://www.17track.net/en
    Just came in... DHL, no notification or status change... WHO CARES?! :D

Just came in... DHL, no notification or status change... WHO CARES?! :D

Was that ordered last week?
    can I ask, how much was shipping on top of the card? need to make sure I have enough funds ready to go.

Was that ordered last week?
    can I ask, how much was shipping on top of the card? need to make sure I have enough funds ready to go.
    Yes, I placed the order on Thursday 4th.

Subtotal: 829,18 €
    Shipping: 20,37 €
    VAT: 195,40 €
    Total: 1.044,95 €

Yes, I placed the order on Thursday 4th.

Subtotal: 829,18 €
    Shipping: 20,37 €
    VAT: 195,40 €
    Total: 1.044,95 €

Thank you Kindly, I take it that was for that a 6900?

did Paypal trigger a verify by visa check from your bank or Revolut? wondering should I top up my Paypal account instead of the Revolut card

Thank you Kindly, I take it that was for that a 6900?

did Paypal trigger a verify by visa check from your bank or Revolut? wondering should I top up my Paypal account instead of the Revolut card
    Yes, for the 6900XT. Tried for 6800XT but didn't even get in the cart.

No, PayPal did not trigger any verification, but I had already logged in and verified by the mobile app, their 2 factor authentication.

• Advertisement

Yes, for the 6900XT. Tried for 6800XT but didn't even get in the cart.

No, PayPal did not trigger any verification, but I had already logged in and verified by the mobile app, their 2 factor authentication.

Nice one. Thank you very much for your help.

My goal is a 6800.
    Ill try for 6800xt aswell to widen the options but the budget was stretched for the 6800, broken for the 6800xt and absolutely noway able for a 6900xt

My first time trying for the AMD drops so beginners luck hopefully, and good trial run for next week if they launch the 6700 in the same manner

Anyone having issues on the AMD site? Cannot connect at all.

Keyzer wrote: »
    Anyone having issues on the AMD site? Cannot connect at all.

Don't use Chrome, the site is doing tons of redirects.

Don't use Chrome, the site is doing tons of redirects.

Same in all browsers.

Actually, just wipe the cookies for amd from your browser and refuse to accept them on refresh.

I'm sure this is really going to stop the bots from nabbing the stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

Nice one. Thank you very much for your help.

My goal is a 6800.
    Ill try for 6800xt aswell to widen the options but the budget was stretched for the 6800, broken for the 6800xt and absolutely noway able for a 6900xt

My first time trying for the AMD drops so beginners luck hopefully, and good trial run for next week if they launch the 6700 in the same manner

I don't know if I've seen the 6800 in stock the last few times. I wasn't really paying attention to it though.

The 6800 XT was 'in stock' for all of a few seconds last time. I saw a YouTube poll asking who had gotten what in the last drop, vast majority got nothing obviously but 11% got a 6900 XT and 1% got a 6800 XT.

I don't know if I've seen the 6800 in stock the last few times. I wasn't really paying attention to it though.

The 6800 XT was 'in stock' for all of a few seconds last time. I saw a YouTube poll asking who had gotten what in the last drop, vast majority got nothing obviously but 11% got a 6900 XT and 1% got a 6800 XT.

6800XT is a unicorn as far as I'm concerned - they say its available but it never shows in the cart.

God knows what they have in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I agree I don't think I seen 6800's coming in stock but I wasn't really watching either it's mostly 6900 XT's that people have been getting.

I agree I don't think I seen 6800's coming in stock but I wasn't really watching either it's mostly 6900 XT's that people have been getting.

Well all I can do is try.
    Theres absolutely no chance of me increasing my budget beyond what it is so I just have to go with it and hope for the best.

• Advertisement

I could swear they are randomising the products every minute.

Advertisement