Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

16.30 would be the usual time for a store update on a thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

EoinHef wrote: »
    16.30 would be the usual time for a store update on a thursday

That's for the cards already released. They might do a new time for the release day of the 6700 XT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Well my card arrived today in a battered box

wtf were the delivery guys doing :confused:

glad to hear your card made it one piece though

That's for the cards already released. They might do a new time for the release day of the 6700 XT.

Thats why I said usual time. It could be any time but if it hasn't happened by close to 16.30 id be close to a PC/phone about then

kingtiger wrote: »
    wtf were the delivery guys doing :confused:

glad to hear your card made it one piece though

That big hole in the side they done. I was surprized it was even still in there considering how the cards are like gold dust and you could easily sell it for up to 2 grand. People out there are paying that for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

I hope it's a 16.35 release. Might draw some attention away from the 6900 XT's so I can grab one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

I'm pretty sure the original card drop for the 6800 and 6800XT was 1030 am

I'm amazed there's so many people willing to spend €1000 on a graphics card. I know availability sucks but still,a lot of members here before now I dont think would have been happy spending €1000.

Especially since the 6900 XT is not that much faster than a 6800 XT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

anyone know when we can expect to see the 6700XT reviews today?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I'm amazed there's so many people willing to spend €1000 on a graphics card. I know availability sucks but still,a lot of members here before now I dont think would have been happy spending €1000.

It's not a problem if you have an old card to sell at an also inflated price. **** you might even make a profit if you can get 1 direct from AMD at MSRP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,026 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

How many people have saved a good bit of money over the last 12 months though because of lockdowns and not being able to go for meals, or drinks, or holidays and other things like that.

My credit union account has never looked so good and I've gotten a PS5, a new PC with a 3070.

i had no intention of spending that much on a GPU, but i preferred spending a little more on a new one and getting it at RRP , than buying a much weaker card at a crazily inflated price.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

kingtiger wrote: »
    anyone know when we can expect to see the 6700XT reviews today?

They're out now, performance seems to sit between the 3060ti and the 3070 from what I've seen so far.

i had no intention of spending that much on a GPU, but i preferred spending a little more on a new one and getting it at RRP , than buying a much weaker card at a crazily inflated price.

Exactly. I want a 6800 XT but I'm not willing to spend €1100+++ on one when there's a chance I can get the 6900 XT for less.

So 6900 XT or if I can find a 3080 for sub €1000 maybe.

Simi wrote: »
    Exactly. I want a 6800 XT but I'm not willing to spend €1100+++ on one when there's a chance I can get the 6900 XT for less.

So 6900 XT or if I can find a 3080 for sub €1000 maybe.

That's why I got one as the 6800 XT costs more. Admittedly at launch I thought the 6900 XT was too dear but since prices shot up it looks like a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

At 1000 quid for the second fastest card out there, yeah its a bargin. When you have 3070's and probably 6700xt's selling for the same price.

6700 XT is out at 13.00 tomorrow. Now the question is will the other card restocks still be at 16.35?

Playing my favourite game on PC today GTA V. 6900 XT hitting 2500MHz on the core and between 1995-2050MHz on the memory. You do not even need to overclock this card. Runs great out of the box. But can run hot at stock fans speeds. I turned them up higher and still can barely hear them just to make it run cooler.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Is the 6800XT the better buy for the 10% price difference over the vanilla 6800? AFAIC reviews seem to shake up that way at 1080p but there's less margin at 1440p. Probably haven't a hope of getting either tomorrow tho.

Well I done more testing with the 6900 XT on the most demanding open world games I own. Mafia III and Watch Dogs 2 as well as GTA V. I have them all running in maxed out settings.(except GTA V I have MSAA @ x4 instead of x8 and the advanced graphics settings off in the column under graphics settings) and I have capped the FPS at 80FPS @ 4k so all those games run above 60fps @4k maxed out which is pretty cool. They actually are above 60 at all times with a couple of dips here and there.

• Advertisement

Is the 6800XT the better buy for the 10% price difference over the vanilla 6800? AFAIC reviews seem to shake up that way at 1080p but there's less margin at 1440p. Probably haven't a hope of getting either tomorrow tho.

If you're playing at 1440p probably not. But It's 10% more for ~9% more performance, so you're not paying a premium for the extra performance so I'd personally aim for the 6800 XT for better long term performance.

It's all academic really though. The 6800 XT comes into stock at RRP once a week for a few seconds and the 6800 simply doesn't exist.

Judging by YouTube polls I've seen after the last two AMD.com drops, there are 10 times more 6900 XT's than 6800 XT's. Which makes perfect sense, as why on earth would you cut down a card to sell for ~€650 when people are jumping over each other to pay ~€1000 (Yields are supposedly excellent for these cards).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Its crazy alright but...

The last time I built a PC (pre-marriage, kids etc) was 15 years ago. My GPU at the time as 200 quid and I played that PC until it eventually fell apart.

I reckon, given what I'm looking to build a PC for (sim-racing), good investment now would get me at least 5 years of solid gaming. Perhaps I will upgrade in the meantime but it works out (overall) at about 400 quid a year. Not too shabby.

I want top dog GPU settings or as close to it as I can so I'm willing to fork out.

Plus I've been saving for over a year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Another Parcel Alerts bull**** moment last night where I got one in the cart to be asked if I want amazon prime (so much for one click buy) and another where I got it in the cart only for it to be geolocked to germany.

I'm just going to try and get a 6900XT this evening. Booked a meeting in for myself in work as well in case the boss has any bright ideas :)

wow 6800xt has come down quite a bit since launch. At launch it was at least 25% more expensive than the 6800.

I've got the 6800 and can't fault it tbh but for the price difference now i would have gladly gone for the XT

If you're playing at 1440p probably not. But It's 10% more for ~9% more performance, so you're not paying a premium for the extra performance so I'd personally aim for the 6800 XT for better long term performance.

Yeah I figured, I'll be gaming at 1080p for the moment anyway.
    Judging by YouTube polls I've seen after the last two AMD.com drops, there are 10 times more 6900 XT's than 6800 XT's. Which makes perfect sense, as why on earth would you cut down a card to sell for ~€650 when people are jumping over each other to pay ~€1000 (Yields are supposedly excellent for these cards).

Agreed, but I definitely can't justify another €350 on top of the €250 I'm justifying to get the 6800XT at MSRP.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Where are people looking for 6700xt?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

Out of stock already on AMD, didn't even see them appear

xtal191 wrote: »
    Out of stock already on AMD, didn't even see them appear

Same. Wasn't listed at 13:01 but appeared and gone after I refreshed a minute later.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

Joke, I really don't believe it showed as having stock

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Saw them appear. Clicked add to cart but the site was frozen.

Advertisement