Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Simi wrote: »
    It's definitely a generation or two away from being something worth turning on. It's not really a consideration when deciding what GPU to buy right now and I don't really see the point in supporting it on lower end GPU's like the 3060/6700.

It'll be cool to flick on and check out for a few mins in supported games, but I'm not going to half my frame, turn on upscaling or lower other settings just for better reflections and lighting (shadows seem especially pointless).

Did your 6900XT arrive yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Could I just ask anyone currently using a 6900 XT what PSU they have (and what CPU I guess). I recently upgraded to a 5600X and I'm using the stock power limits ~77W. Current GPU is an R9 390 which can pull up to 270W though typically much lower than that.

I currently have a fairly ancient 650W fractal design 80+ gold PSU that sounds like it's not doing great tbh. Lot of coil whine and fan noise. I'm just worried it'll pop, the first time I try to power up post upgrade!

6900XT, x570 Aorus Master, 5900x run by a Corsair AX760. And I have an OC applied to the 6900xt too. No issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

Keyzer wrote: »
    Did your 6900XT arrive yet?

Nope. Was marked as shipped 2 days ago. No updates since. I'm expecting it just to land on my doorstep unannounced.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Nope. Was marked as shipped 2 days ago. No updates since. I'm expecting it just to land on my doorstep unannounced.

That's what will happen most got theirs at least by the following Friday. I had to wait two Tuesday's since I ordered it on the Thursday.

Hopefully it arrives soon. Enjoy it...

I'm hoping I get lucky today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

Aye what time are the drops usually at?

Considering throwing my old Radeon VII into an old pc to keep mining and get a new card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

circadian wrote: »
    Aye what time are the drops usually at?

Considering throwing my old Radeon VII into an old pc to keep mining and get a new card.

Was usually between 4.30 and 4.45 but last week they dropped around 5.40

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks like the bots have taken the site down again an hour early

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Actually I think they banned my IP so have to use work VPN which is working

• Registered Users Posts: 16,201 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Actually I think they banned my IP so have to use work VPN which is working
    I got banned but clearing cache and cookies worked.

My work computer is through a VPN so it's directing me to a nl site. Anyone know if that'll make a difference? If I bought, would it accept an irish address? I have my personal laptop on my lap here just in case.

• Advertisement

Clearing cache didn't work.

Clearing cache didn't work.

looks like a vpn is the way to go. That sucks

That's if I even see one for sale :)

That's if I even see one for sale :)

I have three different browsers open. Logged into paypal on all of them. If I even see the availability I'll be happy.

If you keep refreshing the page you'll end up having to clear cookies on every refresh which could potentially slow you down if you get lucky. That happened to me last week.

Wait for the alert from PartAlert.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

No drops yet. Yea as above do not continue to refresh as they will block you. Happened me a couple of weeks ago.

If you keep refreshing the page you'll end up having to clear cookies on every refresh which could potentially slow you down if you get lucky. That happened to me last week.

Wait for the alert from PartAlert.

ctrl shift F5 ;)

Plus two browsers are refreshing. The third is waiting for the purchase.

I may install a 4th......

No drops yet. Yea as above do not continue to refresh as they will block you. Happened me a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah, I got kicked out of the site for about 20 mins a couple of weeks ago doing this. I was like a trigger happy monkey refreshing every 3 seconds.

Maybe they are mixing the times up to give people a chance

Or maybe not...

I bumped up my phone volume so I could hear the notification. I just jumped because of a stupid linkedin notification.

Grayson wrote: »
    I bumped up my phone volume so I could hear the notification. I just jumped because of a stupid linkedin notification.

Same

Phone on loud, screen lock off, twitter on desktop, part alert website, AMD site open, paypal open...

Ready to pull the mótherfúcking trigger...

• Advertisement

Now I need to pee. This feels like a rookie mistake :D

Grayson wrote: »
    Now I need to pee. This feels like a rookie mistake :D

Schoolboy error. Piss yourself. It'll be worth it.

Think of the frames!

Come on te jaysis...

If they pop up a message saying April fools I'm going to fly there just to slap them.

Site down for me now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Site down for me now

Me 2

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Me 3

Weirdly, on the work laptop the dutch site was still there. but the irish one went down on my personal one,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

Still outta stock here, I've just been ssh tunneling through different servers every time it gets dropped.

Advertisement