Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,201 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

So, just wondering. The part alert link is for a checkout. How long is that link valid for? Could I just click that link next week and the second they drop complete the checkout?

Secondly, paypal or credit/debit card? Paypal took ages for me. How fast is the debit card payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Gave up at 5.30. just picked up the phone by chance and the partsalert came through. Got a 6900xt

Well done. You won't be disappointed it hit's 2500MHz more often than not while gaming. It fluctuates a lot but hits the 2500MHz a fair bit. One thing though is it can run a bit hot on stock fans. Not overheat or anything but I just like to have a more aggressive fan profile to keep it cooler.

Grayson wrote: »
    So, just wondering. The part alert link is for a checkout. How long is that link valid for? Could I just click that link next week and the second they drop complete the checkout?

Secondly, paypal or credit/debit card? Paypal took ages for me. How fast is the debit card payment?

No new link new day. Have paypal open in another windows so go through all the verification stuff and go through different links on Paypal every so often just in case they log you out for inactivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

No new link new day. Have paypal open in another windows so go through all the verification stuff and go through different links on Paypal every so often just in case they log you out for inactivity.

I didnt have a good outcome using PP, fyi.

stamjoe wrote: »
    I didnt have a good outcome using PP, fyi.

Why what happened? The week I done it I had it bought with PayPal in a few seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It was for the check out. I haven't PayPal open so had to sign in and go through two step authentication and still got it with no issues.

Why what happened? The week I done it I had it bought with PayPal in a few seconds.

A few second delay after processing back on the AMD screen and then that was it, had the link as soon as it dropped on discord..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,201 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

It was for the check out. I haven't PayPal open so had to sign in and go through two step authentication and still got it with no issues.

I was logged into paypal and I got a spinning wheel when I clicked pay with paypal. Stayed for about 30 seconds and I missed the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭SwarfegaHead

Sat looking at my screen for a good two hours, went out to the shop at about 7.10. Spent about 10 minutes walking around Aldi on my phone when I got the PartAlert notification. Managed to get as far as paypal and it just kept kicking me back out to the login screen. I've only been on the GPU crusade for like 3 weeks, people who've been waiting for months must be losing the plot lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

I was logged into paypal and I got a spinning wheel when I clicked pay with paypal. Stayed for about 30 seconds and I missed the card.

I didn't use PayPal last week because they locked me out for logging in and refreshing so much. It may have actually worked in my favour!

Add your CC and address to chrome. If there's anything in stock on AMD.com pretend to buy it as a practice, let chrome fill it out and check it works right. The address section on the site is a bit funny (it has no county field).

It asked me to double check l the address last week but I just ignored it to save time. All they should need is the eircode really.

The partalert add to basket link is probably everyone's best shot at this stage. No GPU showed as in stock for me on the site at all last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

When was the last time they stocked the 6800xt? Obviously that's the best bang for buck out of the lot.

I certainly am never use PP again anyway, what a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭SwarfegaHead

circadian wrote: »
    When was the last time they stocked the 6800xt? Obviously that's the best bang for buck out of the lot.

Some of the stock alerts show them being in stock as part of the AMD site drops in States, but I can't see much mention of them being available over here for a good while.

Wouldnt mind, I only got started on the GPU chase cause the 6700xt released around my birthday. Given the extra couple of weeks now I've enough put away to go for the 6800xt. Some 6700XT AIB cards even at RRP are more than what you'd get the 6800xt reference for from AMD. Id rather wait and take my chances. My 480 has done me a good 5 years, Ill keep if for 2 more if I have to.

In theory there's a few every week judging by the 1% of people who claim to get one in YouTube polls. In practice I think the last time Partalert notified one was the drop three weeks ago if I'm not mistaken?

In all honesty the 6900 XT is the best value card you can actually buy right now. 6800 /XT, 3070 and 3080 are virtually non-existent. When the 3080 and 6800 XT do drop they are mostly €1100+ making them worse value.

I started out wanting the 6800 XT, but as the weeks roll on the 6900 XT for €1050 seems more and more reasonable.

Simi wrote: »
    I started out wanting the 6800 XT, but as the weeks roll on the 6900 XT for €1050 seems more and more reasonable.

I came to that conclusion eventually and everyone else did as well as on the 6900 XT launch date they were in stock on AMD's site for a fair few hours, now they are only in stock for a minute or so.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think it's best to go for the 6900xt. Yields are very high on the chips so very few of the lesser cards in stock. Much more likely to get a 6900xt as they are in stock for a few seconds rather than nanoseconds on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

I think it's best to go for the 6900xt. Yields are very high on the chips so very few of the lesser cards in stock. Much more likely to get a 6900xt as they are in stock for a few seconds rather than nanoseconds on Thursday.

They're a 3U card aren't they? Never getting that into my micro itx case!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

They're a 3U card aren't they? Never getting that into my micro itx case!

2.5u, but yeah they're a chonky card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

https://www.techradar.com/news/amd-looks-set-to-reveal-surprise-rx-6800-xt-midnight-black-limited-edition-gpu

Introducing the 6800 XT Midnight Black Edition,sold out at a retailer near you soon.

Joke releasing this givin the absolute lack of 6800 XTs anywhere.

Could this just be the start of them rebranding the 6800 XT at a higher price point?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,405 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

'Limited in terms of stock'

That enough laughing emoji for that.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Gave up at 5.30. just picked up the phone by chance and the partsalert came through. Got a 6900xt

Did it arrive yet dude?

Keyzer wrote: »
    Did it arrive yet dude?

Just coming on to the thread to ask when others got their card. So no.

DHL tracking is useless and just says waiting on data as if nothing has happened. I'm also hoping the long weekend didn't screw things up.

I'm not saying I'm impatient but I kind of want it in my machine now :pac:

Edit: Just checked there, left sorting office yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Site down for everyone or just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,405 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

SickBoy wrote: »

Which?

All Eyes On Rafah

strange - there was a drop of 6800XT about 15 mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Which?

amd.com

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

strange - there was a drop of 6800XT about 15 mins ago

New black edition?

New black edition?

Yep...

AMD: AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT Midnight Black Graphics Card
    Price: €675.81 as of 13:2:20 UTC

SickBoy wrote: »

Try deleting cookies, using a different browser or mobile device. I seem to have my IP address perma banned from the site from refreshing too much on the Thursday drops.

• Advertisement

Yep...

AMD: AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT Midnight Black Graphics Card
    Price: €675.81 as of 13:2:20 UTC

Did anyone manage to get one?

Still no sign of my 6900 XT. The DHL tracker just says 'arrived at inbound gateway' since April 1st.

Advertisement