Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

those midnight cards were botted before they even showed up on amd store.
    Becoming an absolute joke fest at this stage
    A guy called madness who is a well known hacker got 4 of them today and posted it on his discord..you have no chance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    those midnight cards were botted before they even showed up on amd store.
    Becoming an absolute joke fest at this stage
    A guy called madness who is a well known hacker got 4 of them today and posted it on his discord..you have no chance

Where did you see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 raz789

I got my order for 6900XT in on the 25th. Was shipped on the 31st. Hasn't updated at all since then. It's stuck on: "Departure from the international sorting center" on the DHL website. Looking over this thread looks like it gets handed over to Fastway but I tried the tracking code on their website no luck.

Keyzer wrote: »
    Where did you see that?

On a mining centric discord

This whole GPU shortage is such a pain in the bjollox - hunting high and low, cards are either gone or massively overpriced if available.

I don't understand why NVIDIA and AMD don't setup waiting lists for punters. At least then you'd know you're getting one at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I wouldn't worry about the tracking information for 6900xts it was absolutely useless for me and others. Mine arrived at my door without the tracking info ever changing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Yep same as me but somehow it arrived after being put in another courier companies van who didn't even get paid to deliver it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 raz789

Tracking just updated for me to: Arrived at inbound gateway.
    So hopefully I'll have it by Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Yep same as me but somehow it arrived after being put in another courier companies van who didn't even get paid to deliver it.

DHL express from the Netherlands uses Fastways as their local agent in Ireland.

If you have your DHL tracking number and it's stalled once it's hit Ireland call Fastways and they'll be able to track it for you. Or call the DHL office in Charlestown and they'll be able to tell you if it's reached Fastways yet.

DHL express from the Netherlands uses Fastways as their local agent in Ireland.

If you have your DHL tracking number and it's stalled once it's hit Ireland call Fastways and they'll be able to track it for you. Or call the DHL office in Charlestown and they'll be able to tell you if it's reached Fastways yet.

I have mine about 2 or 3 weeks now it's just the guy who delivered it said he didn't know how it got into his van and decided to deliver it anyway even though his company had nothing to do with delivering it in other words he delivered it and never got paid to deliver it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Package just arrived in work. Pretty sure it isn't the GPU but coffee that I ordered. Would like it to be the GPU but I'm also out of coffee and I'm not sure which is more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Package just arrived in work. Pretty sure it isn't the GPU but coffee that I ordered. Would like it to be the GPU but I'm also out of coffee and I'm not sure which is more important.

You're gonna need that coffee to get through installing a new GPU.

I'm starting to think I'll only be able to fit a 6800 non-xt into my case, the 6800XT is a bit of a fatty too by the looks of it. I'm covered for length it's just the depth of card that's a problem.

circadian wrote: »

I'm starting to think I'll only be able to fit a 6800 non-xt into my case, the 6800XT is a bit of a fatty too by the looks of it. I'm covered for length it's just the depth of card that's a problem.

A problem I can only hope to have after 5PM today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Keyzer wrote: »
    This whole GPU shortage is such a pain in the bjollox - hunting high and low, cards are either gone or massively overpriced if available.

I don't understand why NVIDIA and AMD don't setup waiting lists for punters. At least then you'd know you're getting one at some stage.

'cause it'd cost them money to keep the system running and they don't care. They're companies in the business of making money, at the end of the day. Who they sell their products to is irrelevant - could be gamers, retailers, miners or Colombian drug cartels, as long as they sell they're happy. If a Chinese mining farm pre-orders their entire production for the next 3 years, they'll happily oblige.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Sorry, but coffee takes precedence, I mean, that should be rule #1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Unless coffee jars only drop at 5pm daily and the bots take them, the I'd be hoping for the gpu.... And pick up a jar of nescafe instant, on the way home!!

(Full disclosure.... I am a tea drink and don't even like coffee. :-O)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

Hadn't thought to actually check the measurements. But if I managed to squeeze my ridiculously oversized sapphire nitro R9 390 in there, then I'm sure I'll find a way to make it fit.

Edit: Yeah the 6900 XT is considerably smaller. Those old nitro cards are beasts!

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    'cause it'd cost them money to keep the system running and they don't care. They're companies in the business of making money, at the end of the day. Who they sell their products to is irrelevant - could be gamers, retailers, miners or Colombian drug cartels, as long as they sell they're happy. If a Chinese mining farm pre-orders their entire production for the next 3 years, they'll happily oblige.

I know, I'm just moaning...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

H3llR4iser wrote: »

They do care though, gaming is the GPU's core market and selling cards to miners does not not increase market share.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It was coffee. Dealer sorted me out with some nice Columbian coffee.

Then I broke my french press gloating about it... I'm a dope.

6900xt will have no issues in my case. It's a right fatty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

They do care though, gaming is the GPU's core market and selling cards to miners does not not increase market share.

I think they conceded this round to Nvidia long ago. 7nm production is very tight and it behoves AMD to sacrifice their own GPU line so that more Xbox's and PS5's can be sold. The relationship with console manufacturers is a far more important one.

• Advertisement

Anyone know of Telegram groups or any notifications for amd.com drops? Or is it just an exercise in F5 and cookie clearing?

Anyone know of Telegram groups or any notifications for amd.com drops? Or is it just an exercise in F5 and cookie clearing?

Don't F5. I done one week and they never even showed up. I seen on discord they were available when with me F5ing every second never worked. The following week I got one by just having the page open and waiting till 4:36 and then refreshing once and they were available and got one. So there is a bit of luck involved .

Don't F5. I done one week and they never even showed up. I seen on discord they were available when with me F5ing every second never worked. The following week I got one by just having the page open and waiting till 4:36 and then refreshing once and they were available and got one. So there is a bit of luck involved .

AMD store are now banning IP for 60mins for refreshing too much..recommend not to refresh constantly..

I'm guessing the likes of Amazon are gouging on prices and AMD is the only place to buy one for close to RRP then.

I'm guessing the likes of Amazon are gouging on prices and AMD is the only place to buy one for close to RRP then.

At this stage, the only place I'll buy is direct from AMD. Amazon is either highly over-priced or dodgy.

Seconded.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,200 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Part alert on twitter. They also have a discord and a telegram group.

Christ almighty that's fast. Gone by the time you open the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,200 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Missed the 6800 and 6700. Clicked immediately and out of stock.

• Advertisement

Anyone use the script on PartAlert on Discord to get passed the cache issues.

Advertisement