Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

GAH stuck at the credit card page

• Registered Users Posts: 16,200 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Got one in cart but everything keeps timing out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

Got all the way to the final place order page and then it went back to the store

Still in basket but order page isn't proceeding, anyone got the script handy?

• Advertisement

all i get is 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

https://www.amd.com/en/direct-buy/ie

No 6800XT but 6700/6800 and 6900xt all there.

I reckon the payment platform (3rd party provider) has collapsed hence the products are still available on the page but cant be processed

Oh **** I just got a 6800

Keyzer wrote: »
    I reckon the payment platform (3rd party provider) has collapsed hence the products are still available on the page but cant be processed

I just went to a different browser and can't add them to cart anymore.

The browser I was on got to the point where I'd refreshed the paypal stuff so often it made me change my password.

• Advertisement

I kept refreshing once it was in basket and eventually got it

Got dumped back to the main page.

Cant add anything to the shopping cart - says everything available though...

I managed to get through to the end, click confirm and it threw me back to the main page. 6800 is now out of stock.

Well, that was a cluster. Guess I'll see you all, except xtal191, next week.

Sigh... another joke shop event on the AMD website. Third time I've got to the checkout only to be bummed out by payment. Paypal timed out on me...

So frustrating...

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

Sigh... another joke shop event on the AMD website. Third time I've got to the checkout only to be bummed out by payment. Paypal timed out on me...

So frustrating...

No offence but you could see the issues this time last week in this very thread yet you would use PP....... Cmon like haha...

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭SwarfegaHead

xtal191 wrote: »
    Got all the way to the final place order page and then it went back to the store

Check your e-mails, same happened to me but order seems to have gone through, got a confirmation email. The missus got through the final page 3 times and the site tried to charge our revolut all three times, so you may be in luck.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw your other post. Two new members of the 6800 club!

stamjoe wrote: »
    No offence but you could see the issues this time last week in this very thread yet you would use PP....... Cmon like haha...

I used credit card also. That timed out too.

No need to be a dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

I used credit card also. That timed out too.

No need to be a dick.

Alright calm down princess, that's not being a "dick"..

• Advertisement

Check your e-mails, same happened to me but order seems to have gone through, got a confirmation email. The missus got through the final page 3 times and the site tried to charge our revolut all three times, so you may be in luck.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw your other post. Two new members of the 6800 club!

Didn't go through that time but worked the second time, although I had to refresh each page of the checkout a few times before it worked, pure luck really.

Now I just hope I'll be able to sell my Vega 56 easily enough.

stamjoe wrote: »
    Alright calm down princess, that's not being a "dick"..

Kinda is.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Confused11811

I've a RX 6700 XT still sitting in my basket and it still lets me go all the way through to payment and onto the shipping page. I won't be clearing my cookies between now next week. Next Thursday I plan to bring the order through to the payment detail page, populate the payment card details and as soon as the part alert sounds I'll hit the next step button through to the shipping details. Not going to use paypal as it crashed today.

I've a RX 6700 XT still sitting in my basket and it still lets me go all the way through to payment and onto the shipping page. I won't be clearing my cookies between now next week. Next Thursday I plan to bring the order through to the payment detail page, populate the payment card details and as soon as the part alert sounds I'll hit the next step button through to the shipping details. Not going to use paypal as it crashed today.

The session will more than likely time out on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

That's definitely not going to work. Did anyone else get anything this week or just a single 6800? Good job on that one. Getting one for RRP is an absolute steal in this market.

My card is now 'Sorted incorrectly, delayed because of resorting.' I'd say that's straight from the random excuse generator :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭SwarfegaHead

Myself and one other user above got 6800's, I think. I got awful lucky, only been trying on AMD's site the last 2-3 weeks. I know some have been at it a lot longer.

The cookie thing wont work, the session will time out.

Same on PayPal, completely useless although I'd say the 3rd party (Digital River) backend systems go bananas when these cards drop.

Myself and one other user above got 6800's, I think. I got awful lucky, only been trying on AMD's site the last 2-3 weeks. I know some have been at it a lot longer.

Well done to you both. Its a complete lottery so enjoy it when it arrives (hopefully)

The only time when dropping 600+ quid on something feels like winning the lotto. Wild times.

• Advertisement

circadian wrote: »
    The only time when dropping 600+ quid on something feels like winning the lotto. Wild times.

Bananas isn't it. Disgusted because you can't drop a grand on a graphics card.

Advertisement