Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

xtal191 wrote: »
    How long did that take in total to arrive?

He ordered on a Thursday around 5pm and received it on a Tuesday. So there was a full week of delivery and a couple of days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There was also the easter weekend as well which would have added to the delays.

Have it all installed and up and running. Resizable bar enabled. It's a beast and I finally have something that can power the 3440x1440 monitor comfortably.

Still not able for Crysis, getting 45-50 FPS with everything up to 'can it run crysis' but that's still pretty good considering how stupid those settings are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There was also the easter weekend as well which would have added to the delays.

Have it all installed and up and running. Resizable bar enabled. It's a beast and I finally have something that can power the 3440x1440 monitor comfortably.

Still not able for Crysis, getting 45-50 FPS with everything up to 'can it run crysis' but that's still pretty good considering how stupid those settings are.

That the new crysis remaster? That game looks to have issues

• Registered Users Posts: 12,405 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

EoinHef wrote: »

Ah, brings me back to 2007

All Eyes On Rafah

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

EoinHef wrote: »

Yeah but it seems shadows and ray tracing are the killer. Turning them down makes it much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭SwarfegaHead

My 6800 shipped yesterday, tracking number is giving me nothing so I guess I'm just gonna have to hope I'm at home when it shows up lol

My 6800 shipped yesterday, tracking number is giving me nothing so I guess I'm just gonna have to hope I'm at home when it shows up lol

I had issues like that as well. You have to be in a specific dhl page or it won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    6900xt arrived this morning. Have a lot on this evening so won't get a whole lot of time to play with it. Might be leaving work early this evening ;)
    Since I received mine, I stopped paying attention to the "drops"... :o
    Are these happening Thursday's same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Wizard! wrote: »
    Since I received mine, I stopped paying attention to the "drops"... :o
    Are these happening Thursday's same time?

Roughly around the same time, drop two weeks ago was two hours later than usual.

Strangely, I accessed the AMD website through my work system (VDI based in German data center) and the site now has a CAPTCHA. Haven't confirmed if this is the case on the IE portal, hopefully it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Yep, some bot protection added on the add to cart functions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 ActionHank

I'm hoping to secure one if I can. Gave up on RTX cards, since FE's are not shipped to Ireland, and the rest of other sites are swamped by bots.

Bloody CAPTCHA is dogsh1t too... constantly timing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

That website is so broken.

Jesus, this is going to be the biggest sh1tshow since I started this hunt. The site is banjaxed and its hours from drop time. Captcha timing out, eventually get something to the cart and it times out, get to shipping and it kicks you back to the main page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Keyzer wrote: »
    Jesus, this is going to be the biggest sh1tshow since I started this hunt. The site is banjaxed and its hours from drop time. Captcha timing out, eventually get something to the cart and it times out, get to shipping and it kicks you back to the main page.

Is this to circumvent bots or is it just gone to **** in general?

SickBoy wrote: »
    Is this to circumvent bots or is it just gone to **** in general?

I assume bots, which is welcome.

But...

Everything is timing out at the moment. I'm trying to add something to the cart (which is available apparently) to save CC details.

No dice...

Not sure what was going on, but I had to kill script blockers and move to a VM. The site will not work on my main desktop, I assume its because its something cached.

Not sure what was going on, but I had to kill script blockers and move to a VM. The site will not work on my main desktop, I assume its because its something cached.

Something going on alright - i can access it now through VPN. Connecting to the Irish AMD direct sales portal is not working though.

Heard something about AMD banning certain addresses if the page is refreshed > 5 times (not sure is it per minute).

ActionHank wrote: »
    Heard something about AMD banning certain addresses if the page is refreshed > 5 times (not sure is it per minute).

Both machines are from the same IP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Had today's drop on the AMD site already happened? Lost internet the last couple of hours because of building work today the street.

Keyzer wrote: »
    Something going on alright - i can access it now through VPN. Connecting to the Irish AMD direct sales portal is not working though.

It works for me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,200 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Had today's drop on the AMD site already happened? Lost internet the last couple of hours because of building work today the street.

There's been no alert on the discord.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Grayson wrote: »
    There's been no alert on the discord.

What discord server do you use? One I have doesn't seem to track AMD.com.

What discord server do you use? One I have doesn't seem to track AMD.com.

Part alert. I found it by googling part alert discord.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,405 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Did anything drop today?

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

Did anything drop today?

No yet, it was around 5.40 last week

I'm conducting an interview at 5:30. So I have until then. I can't really pause the interview so I can buy a graphics card.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Grayson wrote: »
    I'm conducting an interview at 5:30. So I have until then. I can't really pause the interview so I can buy a graphics card.

Tell the person being interviewed if they get you a card they get the job.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Tell the person being interviewed if they get you a card they get the job.

I've never done it but I am the sort of person that wants to ask questions like "What's your favourite colour and why. There is a right answer"

Or

Toss them a rubix cube and ask them to solve it.

Advertisement