Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Confused11811

Well I just landed a Asus 3060 TI from Amazon France, pre-order available on the 27th ....

Come on AMD give me cheaper/better options

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Well I just landed a Asus 3060 TI from Amazon France, pre-order available on the 27th ....

Come on AMD give me cheaper/better options

Would that be the equiv of a 6800XT?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Seems like no drop today, back to the waiting game I guess.
    Keyzer wrote: »

I think the 3060Ti equivalent is the 6700XT no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

Closer to the 6700XT and even then I wonder what the performance difference is.

Closer to a 6700 XT but with better Ray Tracing and DLSS , I got it for the same price I Pre-ordered a Gigabyte 6700 XT on amazon Spain but it's due to be shipped sooner. Still both where about 200 euro over RRP

Still hoping for AMD to drop tonight

I actually got The 3060 on amazon Spain first, then it dropped on amazon France for 40 euro cheaper. So I got it there and then cancelled my order of amazon France.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

770 for 3060ti that amazon just oversold by about a million units..i will eat my face if you recieve it..everybody cancelling that order or alerts

Is DLSS any use on 1440p and below? I'd assume upscaling to 1080p would be absolute trash, no?

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    770 for 3060ti that amazon just oversold by about a million units..i will eat my face if you recieve it..everybody cancelling that order or alerts

Well I haven't been charged so no loss either way, plus it's due in stock before the RX 6700 XT I've pre-ordered , It was 740 euro for me.

Still I'd prefer the RX 6700 XT from AMD direct and save the 200 euro but if it doesn't drop tonight ill probably give up the ghost on chasing the card.

Lads just a heads up if your using part alert from twitter PC/Desktop is give me notifications quicker than android, I've seen it before and it happened tonight on the Amazon ES & FR drops on the RTX 3060 TI. I got notification on the PC and completed the orders before the android twitter notified me of stock

Since switching to Desktop this week I've successfully completed pre orders on 3 cards, I got zero in the previous weeks on mobile.

Lads just a heads up if your using part alert from twitter PC/Desktop is give me notifications quicker than android, I've seen it before and it happened tonight on the Amazon ES & FR drops on the RTX 3060 TI. I got notification on the PC and completed the orders before the android twitter notified me of stock

Since switching to Desktop this week I've successfully completed pre orders on 3 cards, I got zero in the previous weeks on mobile.

Seen that too. Discord is also between 1-2 mins earlier than twitter.

Very peculiar there was no drop earlier. The guy who runs part alert site said the entire site is a disaster after they implemented the CAPTCHA. Perhaps AMD realised this and delayed the drop. Or perhaps I'm completely wrong.

• Advertisement

Seen that too. Discord is also between 1-2 mins earlier than twitter.

Does discord give direct link and notification to stock like the twitter alerts ? I'm unsure of these things and how they work , only signed up to twitter for parts alert.

Does discord give direct link and notification to stock like the twitter alerts ? I'm unsure of these things and how they work , only signed up to twitter for parts alert.

Yeah. Link included. Discord is a bit of a mess for me. I found it quite confusing to begin with but give it time and it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭SwarfegaHead

Tracking on DHL has said "Departure from the international sorting center" since Wednesday night. Is it likeely it's gotten into Fastways hands by now? Are they worth contacting or should I just wait for it to arrive?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tracking on DHL has said "Departure from the international sorting center" since Wednesday night. Is it likeely it's gotten into Fastways hands by now? Are they worth contacting or should I just wait for it to arrive?

It will say inbound gateway when it's in ireland. I found another tracking site that had the gateway listed as FWY which is the fastways code.

Best to just wait. Fastways were as useful as a cock flavoured lollipop for tracking my package but it arrived in two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,200 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

So, no drop at all yesterday. maybe that means there might be more stock next week.

Grayson wrote: »
    So, no drop at all yesterday. maybe that means there might be more stock next week.

Who knows dude.

I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled the drop due to the issues with the CAPTCHA. The dude who runs PartAlert wrote a script which adds the add to cart button on the site, he said the following:

"AMD Script has been updated. They've added a captcha, so all the script does right now is that it forces add to cart button to appear. You will have to click on the add to cart button and manually solve captcha.

Their website is broken beyond belief, good luck & lower your expectations, this is going to be worse than last week."

This is the first Thursday in a number of weeks where nothing dropped. Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

Mines the exact same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

This is the first Thursday in a number of weeks where nothing dropped. Very strange.

Maybe they're mixing it up a bit? Nothing like a 4am drop on a Sunday to keep people on their toes.

Well if there's no drop this week, hopefully there'll be more cards next week for people to get their hands on.

Just an FYI a 650W PSU is not enough for a 6900 XT. I killed mine. It was 5+ years old and probably on the way out anyway, but the 6900 XT firmly finished it off!

Just nabbed a 6800 in that drop.

Swines - what a time for a drop...

Had a 6900XT in the basket and got kicked back everytime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

circadian wrote: »
    Just nabbed a 6800 in that drop.

How much was it including postage etc? Prices looked slightly lower this week or maybe I'm imagining it

Managed to grab a 6800XT Midnight Edition, just under €700. Mix of elation and doubt right now to have spent nearly €700 on a GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Managed to grab a 6800XT Midnight Edition, just under €700. Mix of elation and doubt right now to have spent nearly €700 on a GPU.

You lucky duck

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Me in 2019:

L9Rvhfe.jpg

I'm surprised they made more!

Nice to see a few of you guys get these, genuinely delighted for you guys.

I was driving when they dropped so missed out tonight.... Ah well

SickBoy wrote: »
    You lucky duck

Forgot the raise the limit on Revolut so I had a mini-heart attack when the transaction didn't proceed but thankfully it didn't remove the card from my basket.
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Me in 2019:

L9Rvhfe.jpg

I'm surprised they made more!

Yeah that about sums it up alright, at least I only have to justify it to myself. :pac:

Forgot the raise the limit on Revolut so I had a mini-heart attack when the transaction didn't proceed but thankfully it didn't remove the card from my basket.

Yeah that about sums it up alright, at least I only have to justify it to myself. :pac:

Well done to everyone who got something.

xtal191 wrote: »
    How much was it including postage etc? Prices looked slightly lower this week or maybe I'm imagining it

€620 or thereabouts. Much better than the prices I've seen around the Web for the same card.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

In fairness nabbing a 6800 level card for 700 is a steal if you have a last gen card to sell on. It's practically a free upgrade.

I need to start trying to grab one of these.

• Advertisement

BloodBath wrote: »
    In fairness nabbing a 6800 level card for 700 is a steal if you have a last gen card to sell on. It's practically a free upgrade.

I need to start trying to grab one of these.

Yeah I was going to sell my Radeon vii for an insane price but it's been making good progress mining. I'm halfway to the cost of the 6800 already, and if Eth keeps rising I'll probably have whatever it would be if I sold the card anyway.

Advertisement