Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Given there was a AMD drop earlier in the week, is anyone expecting anything to drop this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Confused11811

In the past there was 2 drops in one week, seems to me they're going to be mixing it up a bit from now on. I'd imagine their servers were getting hammered with people doing F5 from 4:00pm onwards every Thursday.

You probably read on discord that they've contacted some people to verify their address and some people that ordered multiple cards to one address are having their orders cancelled completely so it seems like they going to enforce a one card per customer rule. It's seemed to have caused a little delay in shipping the cards but if it means a more even distribution of the cards that's a good thing IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Got my dispatch notice for my 6800XT, says Fedex on the AMD site but it's redirecting me to a dutch DHL portal which is a bit weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Got my dispatch notice for my 6800XT, says Fedex on the AMD site but it's redirecting me to a dutch DHL portal which is a bit weird.

Fedex hand off to DHL then DHL hands of to fastway couriers for delivery in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

https://www.reddit.com/r/amd/comments/mx4xnv

Good post over on r/AMD explaining the webshop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

Still seeing Order in Progress on the website over a week later, guhhhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

circadian wrote: »
    Still seeing Order in Progress on the website over a week later, guhhhh.

my 6900xt from the 16 april drop still "Processing"
    emailed AMD last thursday and they said there was a delay and if i did not receive shipping notice by monday the 26th that i was to contact them again so they can figure something out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

Sold my Vega 64, hopefully I can get a 6800 soon from the AMD website .... Would be a nice free upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

How much did you get for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

Aodhan5000 wrote: »
    I presume close to €590 which what the 6800 cost on Amd site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

Aodhan5000 wrote: »

575 ... Bought it for 400 about 3 years ago

Mad times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Anyone know when the next AMD drop is actually due. Or what can I do to get an alert on it

Finally got my shipment confirmation. Weird thing is, the page says FedEX but the link is DHL and doesn't find anything with the shipping ID, although I think that's because it hasn't been updated yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Finally got my shipment confirmation. Weird thing is, the page says FedEX but the link is DHL and doesn't find anything with the shipping ID, although I think that's because it hasn't been updated yet.

Yup, that's exactly what mind had, takes a day or so to populate but mine's been in the aether since it left international sort on the 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

weisses wrote: »
    575 ... Bought it for 400 about 3 years ago

Mad times

Sold my R9 390 for €350 (€335 after fees and postage). Paid €270 for it three years ago during the last crypto mining bubble, when you couldn't get an RX 580 for love nor money. That's how crazy things have gotten!

Simi wrote: »
    Sold my R9 390 for €350 (€335 after fees and postage). Paid €270 for it three years ago during the last crypto mining bubble, when you couldn't get an RX 580 for love nor money. That's how crazy things have gotten!

Bananas. I still have a GTX 970 lying around, wonder what I'd get for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

Bananas. I still have a GTX 970 lying around, wonder what I'd get for it.

I will give you 700 and collect

Don't sell it with without talking to me 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Considering the current situation with the prices I'm thinking of selling my 5700xt and limping by on a GTX980 until the market returns to normal and I can get a 6800xt for the MSRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

If I want to have a chance of snagging a 6000 series GPU, what page or section of a page should I monitor using Distill? Is it enough to just monitor the "out of stock" parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Any advice for trying to get a 6900 card from AMD direct?

I've got some random Twitter and Discord alerts now, but a lot of noise with random Nvidia cards on Amazon coming and going.

Any easier AMD alerts any can recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not sure what it's like now but when I got mine it was through the partsalert link which directed straight to cart. Not sure if the amd site now prevents that but it was a lot easier than F5'ing and getting IP banned by AMD.

Gary kk wrote: »
    I will give you 700 and collect

Don't sell it with without talking to me ��

• Registered Users Posts: 16,200 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Am I doing this right?

Nah you gotta get all adverts on it "I'll trade ye uhhhhh, this smartwatch with a chipped screen"

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Confused11811

I'm happy RX6700XT from AMD Ordered:)

551774.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

I'm happy RX6700XT from AMD in the Ordered:)

551774.jpg

Congrats! So annoying I missed this. Literally away for a few minutes and I miss it.

What a sh1tshow of a drop... was literally sitting there ready to rock. Gone in seconds...

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Anyone ordered off AMD direct recently?

I think I got a 6900XT. I'm through the checkout process, Paypal paid, I have an order number, and I have an 'Order submitted' email from AMD. The email says 'Your order has been submitted and is currently being processed. You will receive another email with the details of your order within 48 hours.'

This is good, right? Or am I in for a surprise?

thos wrote: »

I think I got a 6900XT. I'm through the checkout process, Paypal paid, I have an order number, and I have an 'Order submitted' email from AMD. The email says 'Your order has been submitted and is currently being processed. You will receive another email with the details of your order within 48 hours.'

You should be good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

thos wrote: »

Until it's dispatched id say assume nothing

Advertisement