Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Is it slightly easier to get a 6900XT? I'd prefer the 6800XT on price. But I just don't want to go away empty handed this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

Is it slightly easier to get a 6900XT? I'd prefer the 6800XT on price. But I just don't want to go away empty handed this weekend.

Short answer - Yes.

Long answer - Because TSMC's 7nm process is so mature at this stage, very few dies actually need to be cut down and it makes no sense for AMD to manufacturer a low profit 6800XT when 6900XT's are flying off the shelves.

In normal times the 6900XT would probably be discontinued long ago because no one would pay €1000 for something that performs 10% better than a €650 card, but things being the way they are the 6900XT is actually relatively good value

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Is it slightly easier to get a 6900XT? I'd prefer the 6800XT
    on price. But I just don't want to go away empty handed this weekend.

Apparently this was the count last week:

400x 6900XT, 400x 6800, 300 6700XT

All gone in a matter of seconds.

Keyzer wrote: »
    Apparently this was the count last week:

400x 6900XT, 400x 6800, 300 6700XT

All gone in a matter of seconds.

That's interesting, I would have expected few if any 6800's. There must be a few cut down boards floating around after all

Good luck everyone!

• Advertisement

I got a paypal confirmation that I sent 1k to AMD for a 6900XT - does that mean I got it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DavyR33

First time getting a 6700XT to card details stage, Got bawked by card authorisation. 503 error ��

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I was too slow on the 6900XT

The suspense is killing me!! I went through the whole order process, but at the end I just go back to home page, but I did get Paypal email quite quickly to say I bought the 6900XT

552435.JPG

Is that a fail?

I got a paypal confirmation that I sent 1k to AMD for a 6900XT - does that mean I got it?

Same - got the email too...

6 months of trying...

Thanks be to jaysis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Congrats to all who got cards!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

Congratulations to everyone that got the new cards. My RX6800 arrived a few days ago. I'm replacing a Radeon VII for 4k gaming so it's not a huge leap (and a downgrade sometimes it seems) but I'm happy with it. Draws less power, is nowhere near as hot or noisy and I got it hitting 2.5GHz overclock without much hassle and it's absolutely fine.

Any idea what the max Junction Temps is on these cards? I'm used to seeing 110 degrees and still chugging along but I get the feeling these new cards aren't as happy to hit serious temps.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

Timed out when submitting payment for me. It also didn't like my address, I'll know better next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Confused11811

The suspense is killing me!! I went through the whole order process, but at the end I just go back to home page, but I did get Paypal email quite quickly to say I bought the 6900XT

552435.JPG

Is that a fail?

I'd say you're good, keep an eye out for an email from AMD.

Same - got the email too...

6 months of trying...

Thanks be to jaysis

Delighted to see you get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

circadian wrote: »
    Congratulations to everyone that got the new cards. My RX6800 arrived a few days ago. I'm replacing a Radeon VII for 4k gaming so it's not a huge leap (and a downgrade sometimes it seems) but I'm happy with it. Draws less power, is nowhere near as hot or noisy and I got it hitting 2.5GHz overclock without much hassle and it's absolutely fine.

Any idea what the max Junction Temps is on these cards? I'm used to seeing 110 degrees and still chugging along but I get the feeling these new cards aren't as happy to hit serious temps.

110c on the junction before it starts to thermal throttle i believe on the 6800
    should be around 30c idle

Mine right now just on boards is 26c and 28c junction power consumption is 5w
    I have my case set up well for airflow using 2 200m fans intake

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

My 6900 XT on zero fan the past 2 hours is drawing 7w 41c and 42c junction temp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

I try with my samsung phone lol didn't workout try add a 6900xt and then try 6800.

I should had try my brothers laptop but there gone so fast. That gona wait till late 2021 hopefully by November it get better dam crypto and bots.

I might try next week on my brothers laptop see if im lucky but can't see me getting anything :(.

552435.JPG

Is that a fail?

Let me know when your order confirmation email comes through - would appreciate it.

Let me know when your order confirmation email comes through - would appreciate it.

Will do! I was asking on Discord and any reply I read people seemed to think you're good if they took your money on Paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

order confirm takes 24-48 hours..at least mine did

• Advertisement

Will do! I was asking on Discord and any reply I read people seemed to think you're good if they took your money on Paypal.
    yea if they took your money everything fine you should get your 6900xt enjoy.

rob808 wrote: »
    yea if they took your money everything fine you should get your 6900xt enjoy.

Great, hopefully all goes well.

Much like Confused, thank god I don't have to listen to the idiots on those Discord channels anymore and I delete all this sh1t off my phone.

I may need to update my PSU... Any recommendations on a PSU for a 6900xt ?

What do you currently have ?

Great, hopefully all goes well.

Much like Confused, thank god I don't have to listen to the idiots on those Discord channels anymore and I delete all this sh1t off my phone.
    Im following partAlert on Twitter it pointless but funny because cards are gone in seconds when you click on the link some of the prices are crazy.

I hope this madness end soon.There was 6900xt on it for £1024 pounds on Amazon uk was gone in a second guess a bot got it.

Amazon alerts are pointless unless its new product set up and the bot's haven't had a chance to targeted it yet. Once the product has been added to the amazon and the bot have its ID number they can grap it as soon as stock comes in.

I've just read up on Discord the CAT-15, CAT-16 thing is patched, it now only changes a few seconds before a drop so it's hard to know what will be in stock , BTW it's 2 weeks now without RX6800XT dropped.

Next week try using a PC for the AMD drop. Have the product page open, set up the script posted in this thread a few pages back. Run the script as soon as you here the alerts, don't refresh the page to look for the basket, just use the script. Be already logged into paypal on another tab, this is to avoid having to use the app to verify you're trying to log in.

Try to avoid doing the above while being on zoom work meeting, it is not recommended. Your manager may think you are really excited about new return to office protocols and you may end up writing them until 9pm.

I may need to update my PSU... Any recommendations on a PSU for a 6900xt ?

I have a Corsair RM850x on backorder from Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0913FLJDT?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

Probably overkill, but I don't want to take any chances. It overloads my 650W PSU in a matter of minutes with an uncapped framerate and in little over an hour capped to 60fps.

Order confirmed.

My watch has ended.

Order confirmed.

My watch has ended.

I had my order confirmation email from AMD in my junk mail folder :D But I have it, so relieved!

• Advertisement

I had my order confirmation email from AMD in my junk mail folder :D But I have it, so relieved!

Well done, make sure to allow AMD mails now, your shipment details will be following in a day or too.
    Order confirmed.

My watch has ended.

You'll miss it so much you'll be back next week, just you wait and see :pac:

Advertisement