Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Not even seen them yet here

Now I'm getting access denied

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

They're gone, I clicked the link on the discord as soon as it appeared and they were all out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

xtal191 wrote: »
    They went quick today

What dropped ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

weisses wrote: »
    What dropped ?

All cards apart from the 6800xt, according to the discord anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

6800/6800XT/6900XT GPUs but gone really quick; I was on the page with checkout button before 5pm but stock gone before add to card completed.

Scratch that: no 6800XT dropped, but there was a drop alert which I wasted time on; should have just gone for the 6900XT - it's cheaper than a 6800XT anywhere else!

Looks like they've fixed the CAT15/CAT16 link trick too.

Some CPUs still there.

Must have been gone in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

That the worst drop ive seeing cards didn't even pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 baldur1

Didn't see a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 baldur1

Keyzer wrote: »
    Read back over my previous posts.

If you want a card from AMD then you need to do some leg work. The strategy has been outlined already by many people in this thread.

And CAT15/16 is dead - redirects back to AMD site.

Thanks I'll go through your posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Confused11811

Jesus sorry to hear that guys ... Did anybody get one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Jesus sorry to hear that guys ... Did anybody get one ?

I got nothing, not sure about everyone else but it seems this was one of the blink and you miss it weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I don't know whats up with that discord. I get all the notifications all week for the overpriced ones from the likes of amazon etc but when the direct amd ones drop the notification never goes off on my phone even though its there if I go looking for it!

I got my 5900x and my 6900xt from that discord so it wasn't always like this, still trying to get something from my son.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

As I said numerous times in this thread if you keep refreshing the AMD website nothing will show and you can get blocked(happened me before). The week I got my 6900 XT(this was back when they used to drop at exactly 4:35) I just waited to that time and refreshed once and the card showed in stock and I had it bought with PayPal in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

As I said numerous times in this thread if you keep refreshing the AMD website nothing will show and you can get blocked(happened me before). The week I got my 6900 XT(this was back when they used to drop at exactly 4:35) I just waited to that time and refreshed once and the card showed in stock and I had it bought with PayPal in seconds.
    They probably didn't have many cards this time around this shortage seems to be getting worst and not better.Im hoping 2022 isn't like this im probably better of waiting till RDNA 3 comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Unfortunately that's not how it works anymore though, the drops are a bit random and sometimes not even happening on Thursdays so you kind of have to mash the F5 a bit and take a chance of being blocked it seems :(

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Confused11811

Hopefully you guys get one next week , seems like there was less stock this week than the last 2 weeks. If I where you guys I'd forget the RX6800XT... 3 drops without it now. The RX6800 is a nice GPU and it's dropped every time along with the RX6700XT and the RX6900XT.

I honestly thought a 16:35 drop would happen today after all the antibot stuff was sorted. However reading on discords it seems they done more changes to completely get rid of the CAT15/CAT16 stock loophole. I hope it'll mean a more even playing field for everybody going forward, hopefully with more stock.

Best of luck to you all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

For anyone looking for a decent PSU the Corsair RM850x is on sale at laptops direct for €138.35 delivered https://www.laptopsdirect.ie/corsair-psu-rm850x-80-gold-modular-cp-9020180-uk/version.asp

That's the same price as Amazon, where it's out of stock and also confusingly in stock for £10 more (see view newer model) https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07B71JV8T?pf_rd_r=PA9AWHNWDW5BE8PPCP8B&pf_rd_p=cc4ce6b4-a7a4-44b0-b7ba-d41fbd176c2f&pd_rd_r=ae95d41b-1e56-4f22-99ee-46d97b970a4c&pd_rd_w=DCeLz&pd_rd_wg=putFi

I'm not sure what the exact differences are between the models, other than the year of manufacture. They'll likely all be 2021 models at this stage anyway as they've been sold out for a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,635 ✭✭✭Inviere

Simi wrote: »
    For anyone looking for a decent PSU the Corsair RM850x is on sale at laptops direct for €138.35 delivered https://www.laptopsdirect.ie/corsair-psu-rm850x-80-gold-modular-cp-9020180-uk/version.asp

I know this is the Navi thread, but is that PSU rated well for a 3080/5900x build? I've looked on the LTT tier list for it, but all I can see is the RM Grey?

Inviere wrote: »
    I know this is the Navi thread, but is that PSU rated well for a 3080/5900x build? I've looked on the LTT tier list for it, but all I can see is the RM Grey?

It should be well able to handle any power spikes from the 3080. At least I haven't heard of anyone with a decent 850w PSU having issues, only 750w and below seem to be unable to handle the 3080/3090 6800/6900XT.

It's Tier 1 here https://www.gamingscan.com/psu-hierarchy/
    And I believe it's Tier A on the LTT list (see RMx 2015 / 2018 under Corsair), that list is just a mess. It really needs to be rewritten more clearly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

That's the same price as Amazon, where it's out of stock and also confusingly in stock for £10 more (see view newer model) https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07B71JV8T?pf_rd_r=PA9AWHNWDW5BE8PPCP8B&pf_rd_p=cc4ce6b4-a7a4-44b0-b7ba-d41fbd176c2f&pd_rd_r=ae95d41b-1e56-4f22-99ee-46d97b970a4c&pd_rd_w=DCeLz&pd_rd_wg=putFi

I'm not sure what the exact differences are between the models, other than the year of manufacture. They'll likely all be 2021 models at this stage anyway as they've been sold out for a good while.

That price looks good. I ordered mine earlier in the month from Amazon Germany and it took about a week to arrive. It's a neat PSU.

That price looks good. I ordered mine earlier in the month from Amazon Germany and it took about a week to arrive. It's a neat PSU.

I was waiting on mine from Amazon UK. Due for delivery Wednesday. That's good to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I have the same PSU RM850x paired with a 6900 XT and 3700X. I've had no issues and it's silent and also has a zer0 fan mode for when you are browsing or watching videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,635 ✭✭✭Inviere

It should be well able to handle any power spikes from the 3080. At least I haven't heard of anyone with a decent 850w PSU having issues, only 750w and below seem to be unable to handle the 3080/3090 6800/6900XT.

It's Tier 1 here https://www.gamingscan.com/psu-hierarchy/
    And I believe it's Tier A on the LTT list (see RMx 2015 / 2018 under Corsair), that list is just a mess. It really needs to be rewritten more clearly.

Super, thanks a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I have a 750w corsair HX gold. Handles a 3080 and a 9700k at 4.9Ghz just fine

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

EoinHef wrote: »
    I have a 750w corsair HX gold. Handles a 3080 and a 9700k at 4.9Ghz just fine

I have a Corsair TX750M 80+ gold PSU running a 6900xt and a 5800x and absolutely no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

As posted previously I assumed my shut down issues were due to power spikes and my corsair ax760 not being adequate in high demand scenarios so I bought a new PSU which also has corsair iCue functionality so I can finally see what load my system is drawing from it. In the same scenarios that caused the shut downs my pc maxing out at 590w with my 6900xt and 5900x so the 760 should have been well able to cope and probably was. But with the new psu it's not shutting down anymore so I don't know what's going on.

A few people have mentioned the motherboard causing similar issues, mainly Asus ones, mine is gigabyte, but I assume if that was the case in my pc it would still be occurring with the new PSU.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

.G. wrote: »
    As posted previously I assumed my shut down issues were due to power spikes and my corsair ax760 not being adequate in high demand scenarios so I bought a new PSU which also has corsair iCue functionality so I can finally see what load my system is drawing from it. In the same scenarios that caused the shut downs my pc maxing out at 590w with my 6900xt and 5900x so the 760 should have been well able to cope and probably was. But with the new psu it's not shutting down anymore so I don't know what's going on.

A few people have mentioned the motherboard causing similar issues, mainly Asus ones, mine is gigabyte, but I assume if that was the case in my pc it would still be occurring with the new PSU.

Could be an issue with one of the 12v rails on the old PSU as opposed to just the overall wattage being drawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Could be an issue with one of the 12v rails on the old PSU as opposed to just the overall wattage being drawn.

Single 12 volt rail, rated at 63 amps and tested at 63 amps. Its a beast of a power supply. I would take a guess that if the system says it can max at roughly 600 watts sustained, good chance there could be brief peaks past 700 hitting the overcurrent protection on the older AX.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

for anyone wondering on amd store orders dispatch/transit example

Ordered 5900x - 13/5/21
    Order Confirmed - 14/5/21
    Dispatched - 17/5/21 by DHL Parcel NL
    Arrived Dublin Sort Hub - 20/5/21 and its now handed over to Fastway
    Delivered - 21/5/21* (pending no issues with Fastway ha)

Advertisement