Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 baldur1

So who's playing today? Competing against machines and the rest of europe to let AMD take my money

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

baldur1 wrote: »
    So who's playing today? Competing against machines and the rest of europe to let AMD take my money

I'm gonna give it a go and try and get a 6800.

Fingers crossed for both of us. I'd prefer a 6800 but I'll stretch to a 6900

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

They usually drop at 16:30, yeah?

Yeah seems to be generally around then.

• Advertisement

Yeah seems to be generally around then.

Hopefully we both manage to nab one so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Chip and a chair.

..... no joy

..... no joy

I was so close, on the last page to confirm the order and got nginx error page :(

..... no joy

Same. What a load of arse.

• Advertisement

SickBoy wrote: »
    I was so close, on the last page to confirm the order and got nginx error page :(

I did the 'add to cart' thing and the capcha spinner just kept spinning for ages. Then I got a time out error from it.

I did the 'add to cart' thing and the capcha spinner just kept spinning for ages. Then I got a time out error from it.

Same. Try again in 168 hours i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

No, you should all try again in 169 hours. But of course I'll let you know if they show up early :)

Add to cart for the 6900 is still there but there's no stock .... bit of a tease.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,635 ✭✭✭Inviere

Waiting on the 5900X to come back into stock on the AMD site....just missed out recently :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

I've just stopped trying at this stage. I have an interim card that will do fine, it's just not worth the stress and frustration on these Thursdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Homelander wrote: »
    I've just stopped trying at this stage. I have an interim card that will do fine, it's just not worth the stress and frustration on these Thursdays.

Sorry to hear that. I feel super lucky to have gotten one on my second try. But I have kept trying since then as my daughter wants me to upgrade her PC which has a GT 1030 at the moment. So have been trying for a 6700 XT as well. I haven't gotten anywhere with it. Last 3 weeks I haven't gotten to even add it to cart.

Getting my 6900 XT must have been a fluke!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,817 ✭✭✭SeanW

Looks like there's been a big stock drop on the main PC hardware e-retailers. The prices are mental - double MSRP roughly, maybe a little more - but you can now get XT 6700s and/or XT 6900s on Scan, Overclockers, Caseking and MindFactory. I include Scan only for reference as they charge UK VAT (post Brexit) and don't ship to ROI and MindFactory might be an option for anyone who has a trusted contact in Germany, they even have some 6800s available! Maybe it's the start of a return to 'normal'? We can hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

SeanW wrote: »
    Looks like there's been a big stock drop on the main PC hardware e-retailers. The prices are mental - double MSRP roughly, maybe a little more - but you can now get XT 6700s and/or XT 6900s on Scan, Overclockers, Caseking and MindFactory. I include Scan only for reference as they charge UK VAT (post Brexit) and don't ship to ROI and MindFactory might be an option for anyone who has a trusted contact in Germany, they even have some 6800s available! Maybe it's the start of a return to 'normal'? We can hope.

If the stock is still there a week later at double MSRP, then its probable that supply is starting to meet demand and prices may start to drop. But if Monday rolls around and they are empty again then we have a few more weeks/months to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Prices and availability should improve a lot. The arse has fallen out of crypto and it's probably only going to get worse.

Hopefully some of the smaller to medium sized miners start selling off their cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

If the stock is still there a week later at double MSRP, then its probable that supply is starting to meet demand and prices may start to drop. But if Monday rolls around and they are empty again then we have a few more weeks/months to go.

Going to be honest, expected the stock to be gone. I'm a bit shocked at the level of demand that apparently had come from crypto. I didn't think it was that significant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

Going to be honest, expected the stock to be gone. I'm a bit shocked at the level of demand that apparently had come from crypto. I didn't think it was that significant.

I don't think it is. Bitcoin was the main currency to take a tumble and no one mines that anymore, only the huge farms. Ethereum took less of a hit as is still actively mined. Chia has been released recently, so there's the possibility would-be miners have moved to HDD based plotting instead of GPU mining, so HDD shortages are abound.

I think what is more likely is demand has waned, especially with countries re-opening and summer rolling in. People are spending less time gaming or indoors in general. I haven't looked but I'd say console sales are strong and a lot of possible first time PC builders have moved onto those platforms for the meantime.

Oh, and obviously, increased production since the foundries probably have gotten a lot better with social distancing etc. Bear in mind that Taiwan is experiencing a surge and supply may quickly thin again.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

circadian wrote: »
    I don't think it is. Bitcoin was the main currency to take a tumble and no one mines that anymore, only the huge farms. Ethereum took less of a hit as is still actively mined. Chia has been released recently, so there's the possibility would-be miners have moved to HDD based plotting instead of GPU mining, so HDD shortages are abound.

I think what is more likely is demand has waned, especially with countries re-opening and summer rolling in. People are spending less time gaming or indoors in general. I haven't looked but I'd say console sales are strong and a lot of possible first time PC builders have moved onto those platforms for the meantime.

Oh, and obviously, increased production since the foundries probably have gotten a lot better with social distancing etc. Bear in mind that Taiwan is experiencing a surge and supply may quickly thin again.

Nah Ethereum dropped as well. Almost halved going from 3400-1800 but it's climbing again

Anything today?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Kirijoleth

I started keeping an eye on the web site from 16:15 to 16:35 and saw nothing :(

No joy for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

Ditto, though folks on discord claim to have gotten 6800XTs.

No joy for me anyway.

Same. It is such a pain in the balls.

Same. It is such a pain in the balls.

Absolutely. Crossing all digits for a decent 3080ti drop.... free up some stock .... I know im living in la la land

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Confused11811

My brother got a RX6800.... only his second try

Advertisement