Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I got a 6900 !!!!

Joy to the world!!! :D

I mean I got it like 30 seconds ago, maybe they just dropped

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

wow... I thought they were gone about 15 minutes ago

• Registered Users Posts: 38 baldur1

Still add to cart but seem to be gone. Well done!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

My brother got a RX6800.... only he's second try

That's the card I am after. Fair play to him. I am incredibly jealous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Confused11811

SickBoy wrote: »
    I mean I got it like 30 seconds ago, maybe they just dropped

They must have cancelled a double order or there was a payment issue resulting in a card going back into stock and you happened to get it .... well done

Did you have payment taken and get an email ?

They must have cancelled a double order or there was a payment issue resulting in a card going back into stock and you happened to get it .... well done

Did you have payment taken and get an email ?

Yup, email from Paypal and AMD.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 baldur1

Nice!

Well done... Delighted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I got a 6900 !!!!

Joy to the world!!! :D

Enjoy when it arrives. I got one a couple of weeks back and can confirm its an absolute animal. Paired it with a 5800X, nothing I've thrown at either has taxed them...

• Advertisement

Apparently these are the number of cards dropped today :-

200 RX6700XT
    200 RX6800
    109 RX6800XT Midnight Black
    299 RX6900XT

Apparently up to 400 of each have dropped previously so number of card dropped was very small. Anybody who got a card today was doing really very well.

I'm so happy I'm sorted...it seems to be getting worse :(

Apparently these are the number of cards dropped today :-

200 RX6700XT
    200 RX6800
    109 RX6800XT Midnight Black
    299 RX6900XT

Apparently up to 400 of each have dropped previously so number of card dropped was very small. Anybody who got a card today was doing really very well.

I'm so happy I'm sorted...it seems to be getting worse :(

Are these numbers for UK/IRL, Europe or global?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Kirijoleth wrote: »
    I started keeping an eye on the web site from 16:15 to 16:35 and saw nothing :(

Help a guy out of the loop here. Is this AMD direct? Do they have specified drop times?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Serephucus wrote: »
    Help a guy out of the loop here. Is this AMD direct? Do they have specified drop times?

They did have a specific drop time a few months ago when I picked one up but that has since changed now it can be any time.

Are these numbers for UK/IRL, Europe or global?

All of the EU:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

All of the EU:eek:

Its a total sh1tshow to be honest, I'm so glad I no longer have to do the weekly hunt, by no means am I gloating that I got a card but its a god awful experience trying to get one of these cards every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭manshay

They did have a specific drop time a few months ago when I picked one up but that has since changed now it can be any time.

It has been the same time for at least the last 3 weeks, Thursday, approx 16:30-16:35 Irish time.
    Not managed to bag one though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

Crypto remains on a downward trend so there's some hope in the long term at least. But any sort of rebound will snuff that out.

But even if the supply situation did improve there's a whole lot of people who have given up looking or have put off upgrading who'd be back on the hunt and even without crypto there's still a general chip shortage to contend with. That's a shocking amount of cards to supposedly cover the whole EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

Bitcoin is looking dodgey enough but Ethereum isn't in as rough a spot yet unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

Aodhan5000 wrote: »
    Bitcoin is looking dodgey enough but Ethereum isn't in as rough a spot yet unfortunately
    I hope with Ethereum going proof of work at end of 2021 hopefully that will free up cards.

I was thinking of getting a prebuild but the prices are really high 2k+ so going play waiting game probably be mid to late 2022 or even early 2023 before some normality come back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's actually really easy to steal electricity but I wouldn't recommend it. Jail time is what you would be looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

If the stock is still there a week later at double MSRP, then its probable that supply is starting to meet demand and prices may start to drop. But if Monday rolls around and they are empty again then we have a few more weeks/months to go.

Been a week, the majority of it is still there at volume. Seems like the tide has turned. It probably helps that England has really become its own market. From the past it will be 2 or 3 months from here till some semblance of normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Really excited for this Super Resolution malarkey on my 5700XT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

Really excited for this Super Resolution malarkey on my 5700XT.

Yeah I'm really interested to see how it looks in person. I can't imagine it being any more than a blurry mess at the maximum performance setting tbh, but it's great that it supports older cards and APU's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Gary kk wrote: »

That's hilarious in my book.

It is indeed pretty fcuking hilarious, could be have been the plot of an absurdist sci-fi comedy a few years ago, up to and including the bumbling police thinking "it must be drugs, 'cause...drugs!".

Instead, we live in this reality :D:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

So, I'm gonna successfully order a 6800 today and then watch Ireland beat Andorra directly afterwards. Maybe I am being wildly optimistic but you gotta believe. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Was it 16.35 they went live last week?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Was it 16.35 they went live last week?

Yeah. I got the part alert notification. Tried the add to cart thing and no luck. Fúck this shít

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

have they dropped anything today?

Advertisement