Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Kirijoleth

Been looking the last hour, no sign of anything dropping yet

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

I'm getting the add to cart for the 6700xt but it keeps timing out ffs

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I got the part alert notification easier so assumed these has dropped. Have they not?

Still looking and still seeing nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

Well, I had 3 cards open in 3 browsers and the only add to card option i got was in edge and that was for 6700xt nothing for the other cards and I was refreshing like a madman.

• Advertisement

Refreshing like a madman too and saw nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

The drop was at 15:35 we miss it.They normal do it at 16:43 it nearly impossible to get a card.

Thanks for the update Rob, I'll stop wasting my time by continuously looking

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Kirijoleth wrote: »
    Thanks for the update Rob, I'll stop wasting my time by continuously looking

Yes. One less person looking for a card. My chances just got slightly, slightly, slightly slightly, slightly, slightly, slightly better.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Confused11811

I'm not signed up to Radeon alerts anymore just Nvidia RTX on telegraph but I'm surprised to see rob808 say the drop happened at 15:35 because I'm just off the phone with my very happy brother in law. He got a RX6700XT today at 16:35 first time of trying. He used the same script posted here, which I set up for him yesterday. Have they changed drop times for the different GPU's and the brother in law lucked out ?

Didn't sickboy get a RX6900XT at 16:50 last week ? My brother got his RX6800 last week at the normal time so I suppose it's possible ?

554885.jpg

• Advertisement

I'm not signed up to Radeon alerts anymore just Nvidia RTX on telegraph but I'm surprised to see rob808 say the drop happened at 15:35 because I'm just off the phone with my very happy brother in law. He got a RX6700XT today at 16:35 first time of trying. He used the same script posted here, which I set up for him yesterday. Have they've changed drop times for the different GPU's and the brother in law lucked out ?

Didn't sickboy get a RX6900XT at 16:50 last week ? My brother got his RX6800 last week at the normal time so I suppose it's possible ?
    554885.jpg

I assume when he says 15:35 he means UTC which is 16:35 here.

That's partly what has me confused ( no pun on my name intended), AMD European drops are at 17:35 European time , 16:35 here. Unless it was a typo.

Sickboy definitely got one at 16:50 Irish time last week , I just checked his post. I've no access to Radeon alerts anymore so can't check what time the came in at. I know my brother in law got his RX6700XT at 16:35.

Anyway it seems like it was another terrible drop this week regardless of what time it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

yea my bad was looking at partalert never spotted utc .I was on amd site at 16.35 the site notting popped up even doh I f5 it few times.

I think I stop following partalert it pretty useless for getting notifications on Twitter.It was bad drop you would think they would had done better with this drop with the rtx 3080 ti out today.

rob808 wrote: »
    yea my bad was looking at partalert never spotted utc .I was on amd site at 16.35 the site notting popped up even doh I f5 it few times.

I think I stop following partalert it pretty useless for getting notifications on Twitter.It was bad drop you would think they would had done better with this drop with the rtx 3080 ti out today.

There something to be said about leaving those alerts. My brother last week and brother in-law this week each got a card by running the script at 16:35 as I told them too. Neither have part alerts setup, no distractions with pop-ups and multiple beeps. No waiting around and refreshing, they just picked a card and ran the script one time and it worked. There's a lot to be said for no stressing with all that alert BS , sitting down with a cuppy a 16:30, log into Paypal, load a GPU page wait a couple of minutes use the script once if it works great , if not walk away.

I think the confused family are done now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

There something to be said about leaving those alerts. My brother last week and brother in-law this week each got a card by running the script at 16:35 as I told them too. Neither have part alerts setup, no distractions with pop-ups and multiple beeps. No waiting around and refreshing, they just picked a card and ran the script one time and it worked. There's a lot to be said for no stressing with all that alert BS , sitting down with a cuppy a 16:30, log into Paypal, load a GPU page wait a couple of minutes use the script once if it works great , if not walk away.

I think the confused family are done now:)
    Do you have a link to where to find the script?

deceit wrote: »
    Do you have a link to where to find the script?

It's a few pages back - Keyzer linked to the github page I through up a few screen shots - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=116969473

Apparently if you use it too much and AMD will use a type of soft ban, you'll be able to access the page but you won't get anything into the basket.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

I have a 6900xt.
    I only have a 1440p panel.

Anyone interested in trading a 6800XT + cash my way for a 6900XT?

It's an AMD reference model bought from AMD direct buy.
    It's in my rig and working perfectly, I'm perfectly happy with it, but if someone has a 4K monitor and is hankering for a small performace boost and interested, give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

6900xt Just arrived :D
    Damn, it's beefy!

SickBoy wrote: »
    6900xt Just arrived :D
    Damn, it's beefy!

My brothers RX6800 from the same drop as yours arrived today too. They arrived a little bit later than I would have expected them too. I would have thought they'd arrive last Thursday. Do you know who delivered yours ?

555350.jpg

My brothers RX6800 from the same drop as yours arrived today too. They arrived a little bit later than I would have expected them too. I would have thought they'd arrive last Thursday. Do you know who delivered yours ?

555350.jpg

Fastway

• Advertisement

Thanks , he wasn't sure other as he was asleep when delivered. Outer box was damaged but the GPU box was fine. I should have guessed it was fastway:pac:

I'll be helping him out with the upgrade when he's off shift. I hope your upgrade/build goes well. Looking forward to seeing your timespy benchmark :D

Looking forward to seeing your timespy benchmark :D

Nothing overclocked.
    555380.png
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/62493909?#

Best of luck to anyone trying to get a card today, my thoughts and prayers are with you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

SickBoy wrote: »

Animal build. Look at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 baldur1

Nothing today? Or already gone...

Been mashing the F5 button since 16:15 and nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Been mashing the F5 button since 16:15 and nothing yet

That's the wrong thing to do also you need the script as was mentioned previously in order to get one.

Argh, so just click the script like a mad man instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 baldur1

Argh, so just click the script like a mad man instead?

I think the idea is to use the script on the page after the part alert goes off to create the basket button. But if there's no stock today ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Was there a drop?

Advertisement