Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 baldur1

Was there a drop?

It would appear not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,635 ✭✭✭Inviere

I've been checking for weeks hoping to see a 5900X in stock, do people know if they're ever restocked or am I as well to be looking elsewhere at this stage? It's just the listed price on AMD Direct is pretty nice compared to other options

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Kirijoleth

baldur1 wrote: »
    I think the idea is to use the script on the page after the part alert goes off to create the basket button. But if there's no stock today ....

Ah gotcha, so since it hasn't dropped today is there's a chance it could drop tomorrow at around 16:30?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Couldn't do this today because I was rammed with calls. At least I didn't miss a drop but in general it is not a good sign that there was no drop today.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 baldur1

Kirijoleth wrote: »
    Ah gotcha, so since it hasn't dropped today is there's a chance it could drop tomorrow at around 16:30?

Not an expert but my understanding is its Thursday or bust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭illumin

Has this happened before? So frustrating atm trying to get a card at non scalper money :(

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

illumin wrote: »
    Has this happened before? So frustrating atm trying to get a card at non scalper money :(

Yep they have been released later in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Confused11811

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there was a drop today. I just checked discord (I don't miss that place at all) and there are lots of people with successful orders. Apparently there was no alert sent out today people just used the script at the normal time, much like my brother in law last week and brother the week before.

Lads if you don't use the script, you just won't get a card, F5 is no good. If you use the script too much your IP maybe soft banned from adding anything to your basket. Too much could be as little as 3 attempts or more than once a minute.

Good luck next week lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Kirijoleth

Thanks for the info, I'll be better prepared for next Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

Not sure about that, I got one on a Friday about 2 months ago. There have definitely been drops that aren't the usual Thursday time.

• Advertisement

circadian wrote: »
    Not sure about that, I got one on a Friday about 2 months ago. There have definitely been drops that aren't the usual Thursday time.

There where 2 drops that didn't happen on a Thursday. Off hand there was a drop on a Wednesday around 2pm , this was when the Rx6800xt midnight black was introduced.

The 2nd non Thursday drop was on a Friday, that followed the introduction of all the anti-bot stuff. It's been Thursday ever since.

Brother in law had his rx6700xt delivered this morning. Fastways have up thier game they sent him email notification it was on the way five minutes after it arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

6700XT Mech OC available for £719 delivered to NI. Could probably get €700 for my 5700XT Red Devil. Worth it or should I hold out for a 6800XT at MSRP and flog for the 5700XT for €300 or something?

6700XT Mech OC available for £719 delivered to NI. Could probably get €700 for my 5700XT Red Devil. Worth it or should I hold out for a 6800XT at MSRP and flog for the 5700XT for €300 or something?

I'd hold out if I was you.... but depends on what you get for the RX5700XT. You could always test the waters on adverts first.

Komplett getting stock (overpriced) but it's directly available to Ireland :- https://www.komplett.ie/msi-radeon-rx-6700-xt-mech-2x-12g-oc/21069387/product - €800 + shipping. Hopefully more and cheaper to follow.

CEX would give you €340 cash for the rx5700xt. To sell for less doesn't make sense... You'd get more on Adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I would absolutely hold out if I was you, you'd be mad to be paying well over MSRP when you have a card like yours in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I sold one of those cards last month and got €800 for it.
    foolishly enough, I was jittery about it, and accepted the first offer, but a subsequent buyer offered €900!

link to ad for reference
    https://www.adverts.ie/graphics-cards/powercolor-radeon-5700xt/23786116

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

Looking at the tech YouTubers the stock/demand on GPUs is starting to settle so sell it now if you plan to make money on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

I sold one of those cards last month and got €800 for it.
    foolishly enough, I was jittery about it, and accepted the first offer, but a subsequent buyer offered €900!

I sold a sealed RX5800 for €750 a few weeks ago and even then I felt a bit bad about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,405 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

tenor.gif

:D

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Sold a 1080 at the start of the year for €400,some here said It was bad form for not giving it to a boardise for a "fair" price,how attitudes have changed:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Homelander wrote: »
    I sold a sealed RX5800 for €750 a few weeks ago and even then I felt a bit bad about it.

The lad I sold it to, bought an Identical card off a mate the week prior, we only spotted it after the fact.
    I assume its currently serving its days mining crypto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

Sold my reference Vega 64 for 500 ... Put the money aside and are now waiting for prices to come down ..

For those of you thinking of trying to get a card today at 16:35 , it's already happened an hour early today :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

For those of you thinking of trying to get a card today at 16:35 , it's already happened an hour early today :(

Thanks for saving me from wasting my time. Any idea why it was early today?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Didn't see any alerts for it

I was playing with the idea of getting a RX6800XT or 6900XT and selling my RX6700XT. There's a thread on hardwarelux.de where they seems to know what's going to drop on a giving day, I just checked it and the drop happened at 15:03. Caught everybody out

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/threads/amd-rdna2-smalltalk-thread-handel-nur-im-marktplatz-startpost-lesen.1295502/page-241

Didn't see any alerts for it

Partalert stopped doing alerts for AMD founders it seems:(

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭manshay

I was playing with the idea of getting a RX6800XT or 6900XT and selling my RX6700XT. There's a thread on hardwarelux.de where they seems to know what's going to drop on a giving day, I just checked it and the drop happened at 15:03. Caught everybody out

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/threads/amd-rdna2-smalltalk-thread-handel-nur-im-marktplatz-startpost-lesen.1295502/page-241

Best idea is to join "AMD CAT Checker" chat group on Telegram.

"A bot that alerts when a CAT code of any AMD GPU changes to 16. Currently only checks on Wednesday, Thurday, and Friday."

When a product has a CAT code of 16 it indicates it will be in stock shortly, usually 30-60 minutes before the drop. The message hit at 14:33 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

I was lucky enough to get a 6800 for retail 2 months back and sold my Vega 56 for 550 a few days after. Left it up over a weekend and wasn't expecting to get near asking, just looking through his offers there and it def looks like he was gonna use it for mining.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

The lad I sold it to, bought an Identical card off a mate the week prior, we only spotted it after the fact.
    I assume its currently serving its days mining crypto.

I actually meant to say RX6800 in my original post! It was an RX6800 sealed I sold for €750.

Just in case anyone was thinking I was only "feeling slightly bad" for selling an old RX5700 card for that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Why would ye feel bad for about it. Chances are if you sold it for less some scalper would just resell it at a higher price anyway.

Market rates are market rates.

Advertisement