Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM race series

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Casey78 wrote: »
    That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen wrote on here.

Sadly, I've seen much worse :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Casey78 wrote: »
    That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen wrote on here.
    As I said in another thread, far more people won't care than will care.
    Rugby really isn't that big of a sport in Ireland despite what the D4 media tells us.
    Change the date of the Marathon because of a Rugby game, I've heard it all now.

It's a wind up, troll account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Thanks for the photo! My finish time was a little fast (1:28:15 to be exact), but that's why the race has two pacers allocated to each band. I was at the front with a large group (which may have included you?) and Joe was to the rear, finishing in a far more temperate 1:29:30. Between us we shepherded a very sizable number of runners across the finish line, either at or ahead of their goal times. Sometimes, the only praise you get for pacing, is watching while those you have paced leave you for dust with 800m to go and while I was delighted to see so many pick up the pace over the closing stages of the race, it was also great to meet so many happy runners after crossing the finish line who had achieved or exceeded their goals. Hopefully you guys were among them and achieved your race goals.

Another 50 and I had you😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Another 50 and I had you����
    Saw you in the linked photos. Just two less pink Snacks and you'd a been across the finish line before me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

The numbers were the same for all the race series, at least mine and my wife's were.

If you enter and get the bundle then all race numbers are sent together and the same.

I entered the FD and HM after the 10km and both numbers were posted together but different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

blackwhite wrote: »
    Organisation was very good this year.

As said - walkers starting too far forward remains a bugbear, but that's not the organisers fault.

A new thing (for me anyway) that p*ssed me off at the finish line area - just before the barriers approaching the line, there were already finished participants from a few of the "teams" walking out onto the road to cheer on team-mates approaching the finish - getting in the way of anyone else running the final stretch.

You've literally just been running the same section - how f*cking stupid do you need to be to walk out in front of other runners :mad:

Meant to reply before now.
    I was over 2hrs and started at front of 3rd wave.
    Yet my chip position was nearly 500 places better than my gun position.

Notable piss takers included some lad in shades loudly blaring to his friend to move up a wave just as wave 2 was starting as it would save them time....
    The 6 women in pink tshirts walking arm in arm across the length of the road which we met at the s bends.

Nothing organiser's can do about this. Its up to the people who are on the roads to lash them out of it with sagging for being in the wrong wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭DarHan84

Does anyone know if there are any plans in place to either move the date of DCM or perhaps postpone the start if Ireland make the semifinal of the rugby? Can’t imagine many would want to miss a potential World Cup semifinal surely DCM could accommodate?

The marathon has been saved! Thank you to our Japenese overlords for saving an administrative nightmare in moving/pausing the marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Did anyone have any success with moving up a wave for the marathon? Someone I know got a rejection on it. After a 1h 33h they were aiming for at least a 3h 20m full and looking to move to wave 1 to use the pacer there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Did anyone have any success with moving up a wave for the marathon? Someone I know got a rejection on it. After a 1h 33h they were aiming for at least a 3h 20m full and looking to move to wave 1 to use the pacer there.

It has always been, and will be well marshalled, that you can move down a wave on the day but not up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

aquinn wrote: »
    It has always been, and will be well marshalled, that you can move down a wave on the day but not up.

That's on the day though. You could email in for the last few weeks and request a move up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Although well marshalled, lots of people have hoodies etc. on to keep them warm which hide numbers so you would be unlucky to get refused into a pen in my experience.

Advertisement