Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic Conversion on a Cottage

Options
  • 05-07-2019 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi Everyone,

This is probably the same as asking how long a piece of string is, but I'm just trying to get a ball park figure...

40sq. m. cottage
    Ceiling to roof: 2.1m

Am thinking of lowering the ceiling by 30cms to get more head room. I want to convert the attic into a main bedroom (no ensuite).

Any ideas on how much something like this may cost?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

OP, I think your question is better suited to one of the construction & planning forums. I'll move it shortly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

rymass wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

This is probably the same as asking how long a piece of string is, but I'm just trying to get a ball park figure...

40sq. m. cottage
    Ceiling to roof: 2.1m

Am thinking of lowering the ceiling by 30cms to get more head room. I want to convert the attic into a main bedroom (no ensuite).

Any ideas on how much something like this may cost?

What height will the ceilings be on the ground floor if you lower them?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 rymass

kceire wrote: »
    What height will the ceilings be on the ground floor if you lower them?

Hi Kceire, roughly 2.5m. The place has quite high ceilings :)

Advertisement