Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Ireland Direct Debit

Options
  • 05-07-2019 11:35pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I moved out of an apartment on August 31st of 2018. I was then told by my Landlord that my direct debit would be cancelled as new Tenants were moving in and it would be changed over to them. It has come to my attention that Electric Ireland have been taking money from my Account for the last 10 months. Over 850 euro has been taken. Can someone help me get a refund??

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi Yakult, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

This sounds like the direct debit is still active on an open Electric Ireland account.

Could the Electric Ireland still be in your name? If the landlord closed your account, your direct debit would have been automatically cancelled. If your account is still open, it's essential to contact your landlord to take responsibility for the period since you moved out. 

We need you to please send us a private message with the following details: 

- Your full name as it appears on the Electric Ireland
    - Your account number
    - The first line of the address
    - Your contact number or date of birth
    - Confirmation you are or were the account holder

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

Advertisement