Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westlife Croke Park July 2019

Options
  • 06-07-2019 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭

Just wondering who was at the gig on 5th July & thoughts on it!! I was sitting in lower Davin which had the 2 big screens blocked by speakers. It was however the only bad thing iv to say about the concert.
    There also seemed to be a major “crowd issue” at the pitch entrance after James Arthur had finished
    What a concert!!!! Shane Filan In FIIIIIIIINE voice & the Queen tribute was BRILLIANT!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Treetree

You must be mistaken, this is the music section!?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

They haven't lost there magic :) what a show!!! Loved the acoustic medley section of all the older hits and of course Dynamite :) still on a high here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

4 middle aged men Miming on stage, looking for one last pay day. No thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I really enjoyed it, it was a fantastic production. The atmosphere was incredible. And they weren't miming either. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I really enjoyed it, it was a fantastic production. The atmosphere was incredible. And they weren't miming either. :rolleyes:

Indeed they were not miming in the slightest! Great night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

It's the best concert they've put on for many many years. It really brought me back to their early years when we used to go as teenagers 15-20 years ago. Shane and Mark still have such great vocals.

What was the "major crowd issue" at the pitch entrance? We got onto the pitch at the start of Wild Youth so we were oblivious.
    If I never see a bottle of Rockshore again it'll be too soon. I don't drink beer but walking down the pitch after the concert it was sea of empty bottles all over the ground, Rockshore fairly made their money that night!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,563 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mark has amazing vocals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    It's the best concert they've put on for many many years. It really brought me back to their early years when we used to go as teenagers 15-20 years ago. Shane and Mark still have such great vocals.

What was the "major crowd issue" at the pitch entrance? We got onto the pitch at the start of Wild Youth so we were oblivious.
    If I never see a bottle of Rockshore again it'll be too soon. I don't drink beer but walking down the pitch after the concert it was sea of empty bottles all over the ground, Rockshore fairly made their money that night!

I honestly don’t know what was goin on but there was a swarm of stewards and at one stage the guy with refreshments was being carried back down the tunnel by the crowd. A few guards came on scene and stopped some of the overflow from the almost crush hopping over the fence and running up the steps of the Davin stand. It then seemed to free itself. But it seemed to be happening on both sides of pitch entrance.

Advertisement