Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Departure (Universal) [** Spoilers **]

• 06-07-2019 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭

Saw a trailer for this show this morning. 6 part conspiracy thriller, starts next Wednesday (10th) on Universal (Global in the States,not sure if same date).
    DEPARTURE is a six-part whodunit series revolving around the shocking disappearance of a passenger plane that vanishes over the Atlantic Ocean and the investigative team is tasked with finding the missing aircraft and rescuing possible survivors. Featuring an all-star cast led by Emmy® Award winning Archie Panjabi and Academy Award® winning Christopher Plummer.

Apart from Plummer and Panjabi, it has a solid cast of well known faces (Kris Holden-Ried, Peter Mensah, Claire Forlani, Dougray Scott). Worth checking out I think....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Been looking forward to this for a while just hoping they stick with it being a 6 episode mini series and have a full beginning middle and end and don't cliffhanger it hoping to get a second season out of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Kinda lost me the moment whichever cast member said "fasten your seatbelt, it's going to be a bumpy ride" :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Are we getting it over here before US?

It starts tomorrow night in the States.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

the irish people really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Available on Universal on Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Can't believe Christopher Plummer is nearly 90.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

I'm intrigued as to the mystery but jeez the writing isn't great. It's like CSI the way it dumbs it down for the audience. The aviation forensics expert: "It's unlikely that a bomb wouldn't be detected in a passenger's luggage" - well no fecking sh1t! "The Air India bomb wasn't" (nor the 747 that exploded over Lockerbie) "Yeah but that was before 9/11..."

Wow, I'm learning so much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

cena wrote: »
    the irish people really.

The aran sweater wearing ATC! :D

Well this was steaming pile of a mess.

They had a great cast a somewhat decent script and story idea.

However whoever storyboarded it and edited made a total mess of it and it feels so disjointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah, seems a bit lifetime-quality. Only watched the first one so far.

Did you watch it all? Episode 5 seems elusive. :o

It is available on an other channel to the one I usually watch.

Well who knew this got a second season? It's now on Peacock.

Christopher Plummer's last role who passed away shortly after his scenes were finished.

Season 2 was a quick and easy watch with a alright storyline.

Renewed for a 3rd season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

For anyone who watches on Free-to-air the first season of Departure starts tomorrow on 5Star at 10pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,286 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Started this tonight, liking it so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The second season of Departure is on Sky Witness on Monday November 1st at 9pm

The first season is being shown on Ch5 and Sky Witness simultaneously, bit strange!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

First season was decent enough with a very strong premise. Two episodes into the second now and again a decent start. One major flaw though was when Kendra was just driving around for some reason, then stopped randomly in the middle of the road for no reason - exactly where the fugitive happened to be. I mean..... how convenient.

Just finished season 3 which was based around a ferry sinking.

I enjoyed it and with only 6 episodes it is a good season length and an easy watch with twists and turns in each episode.

• Advertisement

Season 3 starts on Sky Witness on August 2nd.

Advertisement