Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation & property Infraction

Options
  • 06-07-2019 11:48am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭

I received an infraction for posting after a mod warning which crossed with my post. When i discovered it i contacted the mod who said if I was "happy" to have my post removed he would recommend lifting the infraction. Of course I was not happy to have my post removed but I was prepared to allow it. I do not understand the logic of this. The post is either objectionable in itself or it is not. The mod refuses to explain. The post is still there, I still have the infraction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you exhausted the PM discussion with the mod?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thank you. I’ll ask a CMod to review.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Hi,
    I'll take a look. Can you please forward the PMs.
    Thanks

Thanks, I have the PMs, please bear with me

• Advertisement

I have read through the thread and the PMs.

Your post was published after a mod warning asking you not to post again.
    The mod offered to lift the infraction as you said it was a cross-post but you had an issue with this as you felt the post was not objectionable.
    The post's existence itself was objectionable, being up there right under the mod warning. So either it went and the infraction did also, or it stayed up in contravention of the mod warning, and kept the infraction.

I think the mod clearly made an attempt to clear up the situation. They did engage and explain, and made a good point that wanting to keep the post up regardless made the claim of crossposting dubious.

I am going to uphold the infraction here.
    If you would like an admin review, please let us know.

thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

This is the first I heard that the post was objectionable in itself. When I posted the Mods post wasn't there. I couldn't follow the mods logic. He didn't ask me to remove my post he asked if I was happy about it? I was not trying to justify the post or have it retained. I told the mod he could remove the post if he wanted. What more was I to do?
    I want a mod review.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I will review this.

It may take some time so please bear with me for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Apologies for the delay - as often happens, real world commitments have taken precedence. I'll take a look at this now and ger back to you shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Okay 4ensic15,

with respect to the events that brought us this DRP, the chain of events is as clear-cut as it gets.

One of the forum mods posted an in-thread warning for you not to post in the thread again.

You posted immediately after the in-thread warning.

Now, given there was a three-minute gap between the mod warning and your post, the mod was happy to give you the benefit of the doubt that you crossposted, and lift the card. At that juncture, all of this could have (and should have) been resolved amicably.

Instead of that however, you decided to engage in whataboutery over the usage of the word 'happy', and some obtuse claim over the content of your post being objectionable or not. The expression "looking a gift horse in the mouth" comes to mind, and in the same vein as bluewolf, I see no reason to remove the infraction.

Normally things would end there, but there's also the matter of your no less than a dozen other previous accounts to consider. You were originally sitebanned for being an absolute timesink elsewhere on the site, particularly in Legal Discussions, and countless rereg accounts were banned after that. 13 or 14 accounts later, mods and admin decided to let you back in as 4ensic15, presumably hoping for a road to Damascus type revelation on your part. Looking at your current record however, it seems that didn't happen, rather you simply redirected your efforts elsewhere.

We've reached an impasse. It's pretty obvious that despite being given multiple chances across multiple accounts, you have no intention of changing your approach to this site, or the moderators here, and I don't see any reason to let that continue. I'm revoking your access to the site with immediate effect.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement