Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL leisure pool?

• 06-07-2019 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

Hi, I will be at UL next weekend for the national swimming championships. Can somebody tell me if there is a leisure pool at the campus that I can bring the younger kids to please?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Hi, I will be at UL next weekend for the national swimming championships. Can somebody tell me if there is a leisure pool at the campus that I can bring the younger kids to please?
    Thanks!

I doubt it.

There is the 25 metre diving pool that would hardly be open for kids to paddle around.

Not sure if the pool in the Munster Rugby High Performance Centre be open to the public. Could be used as a warm up pool?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭carbonceiling

when the main 50m pool is being used for events, the 25 metre pool is opened up to the public.

It is also a diving pool but has a movable floor so can be used as a standard swimming pool. there are no slides etc, but I bring the kids there regularly and there are plenty of floats / balls and small toys that the kids can play with. they will be out of their depth though, not sure of the exact depth but its around 4 feet or so.

both pools are within the same area, so you could go straight from your event in the big pool into the small pool with the kids without needing to get changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

when the main 50m pool is being used for events, the 25 metre pool is opened up to the public.

It is also a diving pool but has a movable floor so can be used as a standard swimming pool. there are no slides etc, but I bring the kids there regularly and there are plenty of floats / balls and small toys that the kids can play with. they will be out of their depth though, not sure of the exact depth but its around 4 feet or so.

both pools are within the same area, so you could go straight from your event in the big pool into the small pool with the kids without needing to get changed.

Thank you very much, we’ll certainly be making use of that over the weekend 😀

Advertisement