Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doubling of Stockholm murder rate attributed immigration

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Keep your nasty comments to yourself
    Is it not just free speech though?
    This is why you don't want a feminist government in power
    Wha?

I agree there are problems with mass migration and do not think a feminist government would be a good thing, but what has this got to do with feminism?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Either purposeful, deliberate 'fake news', or your figures have been plucked from the air like magic rainbows.

May 2019 Sweden UR is 6.80%, Ireland is 4.5%. So your 'about 1%' is actually 2.3%.

I was comparing unemployment rates for for April which were the first google threw out. Unemployment rate for Ireland then was 5.4%. So no they were not plucked from the air. The only number I did't bother to re check was the EU average which was quoted as 2% higher in the article linked in one of the previous posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Have know this for years, When I tried telling people about it they said it sounds like a conspiracy theory. I would like both sides of the political spectrum to agree there is a problem with mass immigration and work together to slow it down and help those that do come to integrate correctly into society, All we have at the moment is one side saying we dont want immigrants and the other pretending immigration is the best thing since sliced bread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Have know this for years, When I tried telling people about it they said it sounds like a conspiracy theory. I would like both sides of the political spectrum to agree there is a problem with mass immigration and work together to slow it down and help those that do come to integrate correctly into society, All we have at the moment is one side saying we dont want immigrants and the other pretending immigration is the best thing since sliced bread.

Europeans are not reproducing enough. Migrants are necessary to boost an aging European tax contributing population. There will be some who oppose this and some who don't mind. Either way it is happening and people can either like it or lump it.

There is no choice. It's all laid out in the EU migration report

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Europeans are not reproducing enough. Migrants are necessary to boost an aging European tax contributing population. There will be some who oppose this and some who don't mind. Either way it is happening and people can either like it or lump it.
    Not sure how many times will have to repeat this for you:

Only circa 40% of current jobs today will exist as we head into the mid 2030's. Welcome to the 4th Industrial Reveloution, in an overpopulated world, it's all laid out in various reports on automation-robotics, and it's effect on the workforce. Sure 'some' new jobs will be created, but they won't be for the unskilled, uneducated, and non-fluent, who often choose not to integrate anyway.

Not to mention young wifes that are actively discouraged to independently attend university or the workplace. Not to mention trends of higher rates of incarceration and social dis-integration which all need to be paid for by Europe's tax contributing, working population.

The (ever-expanding) EU already has about 500million to adapt to work supply/demand where it is required. In terms of migration from outside the EU, only very highly skilled/educated/literate migrants may be required, going forward.

• Advertisement

Not sure how many times will have to repeat this for you:

Only circa 40% of current jobs today will exist as we head into the mid 2030's. Welcome to the 4th Industrial Reveloution, in an overpopulated world.

Sure 'some' new jobs will be created, but they won't be for the unskilled, uneducated, and non-fluent, who often choose not to integrate anyway.

Not to mention young wifes that are actively discouraged to independently attend university or the workplace. Not to mention trends of higher rates of incarceration and social dis-integration which all need to be paid for by Europe's tax contributing, working population.

The (ever-expanding) EU already has about 500million to adapt to work supply/demand where it is required. In terms of migration from outside the EU, only very highly skilled/educated/literate migrants may be required, going forward.

Read the report

Read the report
    Read the report(s).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

ehh what ? nothing even close to making sense here.

Economic growth only allows big corporations to flourish and does not bring social benefits. In Ireland, our economic growth, based on GDP, being so strong has resulted in a catastrophic social situation with a broken health system, non-existent infrastructure investment, housing crisis, the worst we have ever seen, chronically underfunded universities and no progress on climate change for fear of upsetting vested corporate interests. This is on top of extreme wealth inequality.

So to claim the economic growth benefit as a good thing for Sweden because of immigration, this likely means that wages were lowered in traditional sectors due to increased competition, allowing big companies to flourish.

Read the report(s).

Maybe there is an audiobook version

Maybe there is an audiobook version
    Maybe there is.

The issue is that in saying the EU needs migrants, you never quantified what type, and what volume. The next PM of the UK already recognises this factor.

Thus he states: Applicants will be assigned points, based on a number of professional and personal characteristics, with higher points awarded for more desirable traits.

This can range from the amount of time they have worked in a skilled sector, education level, age, and proficiency in the English language. E.g. superior English" will earn +20 points. Health and criminality records and background checks will also be important. There may even be salary thresholds (to reject the unskilled).

• Advertisement

Maybe there is.

The issue is that in saying the EU needs migrants, you never quantified what type and what volume. The next PM of the UK already recognises this factor.

Thus: Applicants will be assigned points, based on a number of professional and personal characteristics, with higher points awarded for more desirable traits.

This can range from the amount of time they have worked in a skilled sector, education level, age, and proficiency in the English language. E.g. superior English" will earn +20 points. Health and criminality records and background checks will also be important. There may even be salary thresholds.

That sounds great. I like it.

What do you propose to do with all of those without qualifications that are required and just continue to flood across the Mediterranean?

The ones who are being helped into Europe by NGOs and other bad actors

That sounds great. I like it.

What do you propose to do with all of those without qualifications that are required and just continue to flood across the Mediterranean?

The ones who are being helped into Europe by NGOs and other bad actors

That's a good question with no easy singular answer. But Italy have just overtaken Greece as the next country after the UK, to leave the EU. Maybe that will be one of the results i.e. Further breakup of the EU.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Ted Johnson

A plantation of Europe.

A plantation of Europe.

Pretty much

That's a good question with no easy singular answer. But Italy have just overtaken Greece as the next country after the UK, to leave the EU. Maybe that will be one of the results i.e. Further breakup of the EU.

The EU has been great for Ireland in someways though. Financially anyway.

That's where the benifits end.
    It is a debtors and creditors club now.

Slowly but surely it will collapse.

Italy are in a mess and unable to to deal with the burden of immigration by itself. Tha being said state of Italian economy, government instability, national debt, ageing population and other factors mean that immigration to Italy could go to 0 and they would be still in deep ****. If Italy leavs EU it won't be because of the immigration but because nobody ever dealt with their overspend.

meeeeh wrote: »
    Italy are in a mess and unable to to deal with the burden of immigration by itself. Tha being said state of Italian economy, government instability, national debt, ageing population and other factors mean that immigration to Italy could go to 0 and they would be still in deep ****. If Italy leavs EU it won't be because of the immigration but because nobody ever dealt with their overspend.
    One one hand you mention the 'burden of immigration', yet dismiss it seconds later, very stange.

It was probably the single biggest election issue there that put two extreme left/right parties in power, who have ideas on Itaexit and their own currency.

Similar was this issue in the actual causation of Brexit 2016, even knowing the financial penalty of doing so, citing independene, self-determination and better border control all more important than fiscal gains of a larger economic union.

In Sweden again, the same issue caused the Social Democrats to have their worst results in over 100yrs, and as such the PM resigned shortly after. While an opposing party took the biggest gains, and landed 18% (+5%) share in 2018.

Italy are in a mess and unable to to deal with the burden of immigration by itself.

Exactly, but same is it ever was. The current Italian practice of paying off Libyan tribes to stop human trafficking is just the latest iteration of the Fossatum Africae when the Romans built a 750km long barrier across North Africa. It's unpalatable but it's telling that the countries closer to the crisis have shifted to the right electorally. It's a burden they've had to find unpleasant solutions to.

One one hand you mention the 'burden of immigration', yet dismiss it seconds later, very stange.

It was probably the single biggest election issue there that put two extreme left/right parties in power, who have ideas on Itaexit and their own currency.

Italy is broke not because of immigration but because nobody properly dealt with public debt for 50 years. It's not fair to drop burden of immigration on basket countries but it makes very little difference. Your hero in Italy is harping on about immigration because that's easy for people to understand. It would be a lot harder to explain that they won't have any kind of decent living standard for long time because they overspent last 50 years. Salvini and his friends in government are only the last in long list of Italian politicians who never dealt with public debt. Despite all the spending, nonsense ideas about earlier retirement age the grand sum of Salvini's efforts is Italy back in recession and debt at around 130% despite all the ECB stimulus. I wonder if morons around EU will still applaud him if we are all paying for one humongous Italian bailout.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2019-04-04/the-euro-s-2-7-trillion-italy-problem

Italy is broke not because of immigration but because nobody properly dealt with public debt for 50 years. It's not fair to drop burden of immigration on basket countries but it makes very little difference. Your hero in Italy is harping on about immigration because that's easy for people to understand. It would be a lot harder to explain that they won't have any kind of decent living standard for long time because they overspent last 50 years. Salvini and his friends in government are only the last in long list of Italian politicians who never dealt with public debt. Despite all the spending, nonsense ideas about earlier retirement age the grand sum of Salvini's efforts is Italy back in recession and debt at around 130% despite all the ECB stimulus. I wonder if morons around EU will still applaud him if we are all paying for one humongous Italian bailout.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2019-04-04/the-euro-s-2-7-trillion-italy-problem

We paid and are still paying 42% of the debt. What's a few more billion to a nation of worker drones

• Advertisement

You make a pretty strong case for increased austerity. You can't have austerity and provide social services for unskilled immigrants.

You make a pretty strong case for increased austerity. You can't have austerity and provide social services for unskilled immigrants.

That's why I say it's unfair that burden of dealing with immigration is dumped on Italy and Greece just because the two countries are the handiest entrance points. Other EU countries should help. But don't for one second think that Italy's problems will be in any significant way smaller if immigration to Italy stops completely. Earlier this year Italy was paying more for it's borrowing than Greece. That is how much trust international markets have in current government.

That's why I say it's unfair that burden of dealing with immigration is dumped on Italy and Greece just because the two countries are the handiest entrance points. Other EU countries should help. But don't for one second think that Italy's problems will be in any significant way smaller if immigration to Italy stops completely. Earlier this year Italy was paying more for it's borrowing than Greece. That is how much trust international markets have in current government.

Can't see any EU countries signing up for the Sweden experience, tbh. Even if it's not all due to immigration, why would any party in power want the right to rise in their country? There's very strong moral arguments for letting unskilled immigrants in, but there's no short term economic ones, which is what Governments tend to work towards.

Can't see any EU countries signing up for the Sweden experience, tbh. Even if it's not all due to immigration, why would any party in power want the right to rise in their country? There's very strong moral arguments for letting unskilled immigrants in, but there's no short term economic ones, which is what Governments tend to work towards.

Then why are people surprised if Italians resent EU? I'm not saying it's an easy issue to resolve but there are two separate problems. One is immigration but much bigger one is the state of Italian finances, state of their economy and corruption. Google Andreotti, Craxi, De Michelis, Berlusconi and it gives you good idea of Italian politics. I don't know if current crowd are less corrupt but they are probably even more incompetent.

Then why are people surprised if Italians resent EU? I'm not saying it's an easy issue to resolve but there are two separate problems. One is immigration but much bigger one is the state of Italian finances, state of their economy and corruption. Google Andreotti, Craxi, De Michelis, Berlusconi and it gives you good idea of Italian politics. I don't know if current crowd are less corrupt but they are probably even more incompetent.

It's increasingly clear Merkel got it badly wrong alright. I know a bit about Italian politics and I agree.

Why don't these migrants go to Tunisia instead of risking death in the Mediterranean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Why don't these migrants go to Tunisia instead of risking death in the Mediterranean?

Because Tunisia doesn't offer generous welfare benefits like many European countries

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Interesting stats on how Stockholm crime has soared.

https://www.thejournal.ie/sweden-shootings-gangs-increase-4711474-Jul2019/

No real political slant on it for once.

Makes one fear for Germany's future 10 years from now.

Or Italy's now or a year from now. I was in Naples(Napoli) last christmas and it was black with Immigrants. The main square was just ruined by them.

It's increasingly clear Merkel got it badly wrong alright. I know a bit about Italian politics and I agree.

Yeah that's such a catch all phrase. What exactly should she do? Send immigrants back to Greece because the entrance country is supposed to deal with them. That would work.

• Advertisement

I agree there are problems with mass migration and do not think a feminist government would be a good thing, but what has this got to do with feminism?

It's quite perverse that Sweden, which talks such big talk on women's rights, actively censors information on sexual violence committed by migrants.

Advertisement