Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doubling of Stockholm murder rate attributed immigration

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Ted Johnson

meeeeh wrote: »
    Yeah that's such a catch all phrase. What exactly should she do? Send immigrants back to Greece because the entrance country is supposed to deal with them. That would work.

Send the migrants back to their home countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Or Italy's now or a year from now. I was in Naples(Napoli) last christmas and it was black with Immigrants. The main square was just ruined by them.

At least Italy has Salvini who is trying to turn the tide of mass immigration. Altough the NGOs are doing their upmost to put an end to him. Despite the fact the overwhelming majority of Italians support him. An absolute disgrace that Carola Rakete of Sea Watch got away with bringing a boat load of migrants into Italy despite the fact the ports were closed.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/captain-of-rescue-ship-defies-salvini-in-standoff-38264249.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Or Italy's now or a year from now. I was in Naples(Napoli) last christmas and it was black with Immigrants. The main square was just ruined by them.

What exactly did you expect? Something from English cooking programmes?

I've been to South Italy a few times (not to Neaples - two of my friends proclaimed it a ****hole 20 years ago) and it always had it's issues. The League (Salvini's party) certainly thought that when it wanted to split north from the rest of the country.

Send the migrants back to their home countries.

Right should they dump them territories unders Assads or IS control. Should they send people the area where chemical weapons are used or where IS was decapitating people. I'm sure you a detailed plan worked out behind one line replys and it's not just hot air.

Right should they dump them territories unders Assads or IS control. Should they send people the area where chemical weapons are used or where IS was decapitating people. I'm sure you a detailed plan worked out behind one line replys and it's not just hot air.

Try telling that to the likes of Saudi Arabia or any of the other gulf states. The majority are economic migrants not refugees. It's mostly African men crossing the Mediterranean for example. Plenty of other countries in Africa that are not at war international law states asylum should be sought in the first safe country.

• Advertisement

Except most of them are not refugees, they are economic migrants. They are not wanted or needed in Europe. Cry all you want, it won't change reality.

As for Syrian refugees, I would allow them to stay temporarily and return them once the fighting is over

However I would show zero mercy to refugees who commit serious crime. Case in point, the Syrians on trial in Germany for gang raping an 18 year old girl in Freiburg.

You surely agree that something has gone seriously wrong when a country cannot deport rapists because THEY might get hurt?

Thought the war is Syria was mostly over anyway and lot's were returning back.

You surely agree that something has gone seriously wrong when a country cannot deport rapists because THEY might get hurt?

Deportation into war torn countries has it's own logistic issues. I'm very much in favour of deporting people but only after they spend long time in prison. If Denmark kept Patrick Nevin a bit longer in prison instead returning him to Ireland maybe at least one woman less would be attacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The slowing birth rates is a funny one. Obviously we have a problem with overpopulation in the world. Europeans have been doing their part, as have the likes of the Japanese/Koreans naturally. The Chinese have tried to do it too.

Now obviously there is the pension black hole. Europe needs young people to pay the pensions of the future. What absolutely befuddles me is to why they have chosen Africa, the Arab world and freakin Afghanistan to fill the gap. You have daily stories of South and Central Americans trying to get into the U.S. The U.S don't want them and they can easily integrate into Europe as they are our diaspora.

Then you have Chinese, South East Asians, Filipinos that would like to come to Europe. They have excellent form in emigrating and becoming functional members of society. There are Russians, Ukrainians, Belarusians who would be delighted to come into the EU to work regular jobs.

So why on earth has Europe gone for Afghans, Somali's, Eritreans, North Africans etc? What f**king planet were they on when they thought that would work, when there were much superior candidates from culturally compatible nations?

It makes no sense. Absolutely zero.

What exactly did you expect? Something from English cooking programmes?

You have to see it to understand it. It is a ****h0le but, the immigrant situation makes it all so much worse. When I said the square was black with immigrants, I am not exaggerating and crime has sky rocketed in the area. There are men selling pots and pans and second hand door knobs(which they've nicked) on the edge of Pallazzo Garibaldi. There is desperation everywhere.

I've been to South Italy a few times (not to Neaples - two of my friends proclaimed it a ****hole 20 years ago) and it always had it's issues. The League (Salvini's party) certainly thought that when it wanted to split north from the rest of the country.

You don't know what you are talking about.

• Advertisement

You don't know what you are talking about.

I know a little bit. I lived 25 years next to Italy, travelled a few times per year there, dealt with Italian companies a lot (my parents business sold certain Italian machines) and still do. You went to Naples to get drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

The slowing birth rates is a funny one. Obviously we have a problem with overpopulation in the world. Europeans have been doing their part, as have the likes of the Japanese/Koreans naturally. The Chinese have tried to do it too.

Now obviously there is the pension black hole. Europe needs young people to pay the pensions of the future. What absolutely befuddles me is to why they have chosen Africa, the Arab world and freakin Afghanistan to fill the gap. You have daily stories of South and Central Americans trying to get into the U.S. The U.S don't want them and they can easily integrate into Europe as they are our diaspora.

Then you have Chinese, South East Asians, Filipinos that would like to come to Europe. They have excellent form in emigrating and becoming functional members of society. There are Russians, Ukrainians, Belarusians who would be delighted to come into the EU to work regular jobs.

So why on earth has Europe gone for Afghans, Somali's, Eritreans, North Africans etc? What f**king planet were they on when they thought that would work, when there were much superior candidates from culturally compatible nations?

What do you mean "gone for"? Do you think immigration works like a shopping catalogue?

Deportation into war torn countries has it's own logistic issues. I'm very much in favour of deporting people but only after they spend long time in prison. If Denmark kept Patrick Nevin a bit longer in prison instead returning him to Ireland maybe at least one woman less would be attacked.

Well he's our scum so they were right to kick him out. But he should be in jail for lot longer than 14 years.

But those Syrians in Freiburg? The Germans made it clear Syrians cannot be deported. They would rather protect foregin rapists than German people.

It's a sick joke.

You have to see it to understand it. It is a ****h0le but, the immigrant situation makes it all so much worse. When I said the square was black with immigrants, I am not exaggerating and crime has sky rocketed in the area. There are men selling pots and pans and second hand door knobs(which they've nicked) on the edge of Pallazzo Garibaldi. There is desperation everywhere.

Naples isn't even the worst city in Italy for immigration that I have visited. The train station is Rome is an absolute cesspit of immigrants, drug dealers and undesirables as is Milan even smaller cities like Bergamo, Brescia and Verona have serious problems don't really feel safe in those places due to the sheer amount of immigrants hanging about up to no good.

Naples actually has one of the smallest immigrant populations for a large city in Italy. It's long been perceived as the worst city in Italy for crime but yet feels safer to me than Rome or Milan shows how far the later two have fallen.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Naples isn't even the worst city in Italy for immigration that I have visited. The train station is Rome is an absolute cesspit of immigrants, drug dealers and undesirables as is Milan even smaller cities like Bergamo, Brescia and Verona have serious problems don't really feel safe in those places due to the sheer amount of immigrants hanging about up to no good.

Naples actually has one of the smallest immigrant populations for a large city in Italy. It's long been perceived as the worst city in Italy for crime but yet feels safer to me than Rome or Milan shows how far the later two have fallen.

Great fun in Milan dodging the African 'friendship bracelet' guys while trying to admire the cathedral.

I thought the migrants were there to work?

If there's a shortage of labour why the hell are they going to Italy anyway one of the worst countries in Europe for unemployment. Absolute farcical stuff. Italy doesn't want them it's Germany and France that does so why not send them all there or better still send them home.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    If there's a shortage of labour why the hell are they going to Italy anyway one of the worst countries in Europe for unemployment. Absolute farcical stuff. Italy doesn't want them it's Germany and France that does so why not send them all there or better still send them home.

Are you conceding Savini is completely useless dealing with the issue? It's under his remit.

Btw African sellers selling fake designer goods are there since I remember (most likely since American tourists are around). Anyway if street sellers bother you don't go to countries like Brazil who apparently have better quality of immigrants according to some here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

But I do think Dublin will come back from this next year, they have a good man in charge and I hope they keep faith with him.

these statistics are hate facts

What does that actually mean?

I know a little bit. I lived 25 years next to Italy, travelled a few times per year there, dealt with Italian companies a lot (my parents business sold certain Italian machines) and still do. You went to Naples to get drunk.

No I didnt go there to get drunk. Go there or shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Palmy

Kivaro wrote: »
    Would I emigrate to another country for the dole?
    I certainly would not. I was brought up to believe in working for a living and not to be a burden on society even when the economy is bad.
    Also, many countries around the world would not allow me to emigrate to their countries without the skills and financial backing to support myself. For example, I could not emigrate to Australia or the United States and expect welfare or to be housed as soon as I arrive ............. which leads to your first question: "Is that what is happening?"

Of course it is happening in Ireland. When you receive relatively high welfare payments, free healthcare (medical cards), and free accomodation if you declare yourself homeless as soon as you arrive, it is no wonder that we have such a large influx of welfare tourists. That, and the promise of a forever home with the billions currently being allocated for social housing in the next few years.

Let's take Africans for example. Almost 60% of Africans in Ireland are on welfare. This is an abhorrent percentage. And I would bet that Roma Gypies numbers are even higher. The point is that we (the people paying for them to be on welfare) can see that it is not sustainable to continue accepting people into the country who have no means to support themselves. We can only afford so much, and when the next recession hits in a year or two, services to our families, friends, and neighbours will be cut in order to continue paying for the welfare benefits of these new arrivals. It is self-destruction.

You can come to America and get all that. Just enter south of the boarder. Free health care, accommodation, schooling the lot. Oh and make sure you head for a sanctuary city so no one will report you being illegal. Yet hundreds of thousands of citizens are homeless. Been too LA lately?. I just came back from Cali where we hired ATV’s ( 4 wheelers ) a stones throw from the boarder in the desert where we were told by the company not to stop if we see anyone coming north under any circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

TCM wrote: »
    What does that actually mean?

Curious too.Have heard this term being bandied about lately.

Yeah that's such a catch all phrase. What exactly should she do? Send immigrants back to Greece because the entrance country is supposed to deal with them. That would work.

She shouldn't have opened access to all comers. There's a massive difference between a Syrian refugee and a migrant looking for a better standard of living. There is moral duty to accept the former but I don't think it's so clear cut about the latter (though I can see arguments for it).

Also, I've been to Naples, and it's class. You're missing out on some stunning Caravaggio's by listening to your friends on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭1123heavy

The only thing that makes no sense is your 'understanding' of how immigration seems to work. Next time the gov go shopping for immigrants why don't you hop along?

It would be a lot better if you just came out and said you only want non Muslims in Europe, would have saved yourself a whole lot of writing!

It makes no sense too because most of the countries you listed that apparently have utopian citizens have crime rates through the roof, they make the highest of crime rates in Europe seem amateur like.

MrFresh wrote: »
    What do you mean "gone for"? Do you think immigration works like a shopping catalogue?

It could do. You shut down immigration from non assimilated regions and make it more accessible to nations that can assimilate.

If you're young and educated from China, fill in the forms and come to Europe. If you're a goat herder from Djibouti that just strolled in without telling anybody, cheerio. Creating a higher standard of immigrant, whilst maintaining the numbers needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭1123heavy

It could do. You shut down immigration from non assimilated regions and make it more accessible to nations that can assimilate.

If you're young and educated from China, fill in the forms and come to Europe. If you're a goat herder from Djibouti that just strolled in without telling anybody, cheerio. Creating a higher standard of immigrant, whilst maintaining the numbers needed.

You obviously haven't a clue about how much crime the chinese are involved in here. Among garda ranks they are known for fraud (in various forms) and knowingly dealing with stolen items.

According to your stereotypical thinking you shouldn't want any chinese here either. Unless there's something else that guides your preferences other than "ability to assimilate" which is clearly just a cover for something else, the cat's out the bag with you and it's obvious :)

1123heavy wrote: »
    The only thing that makes no sense is your 'understanding' of how immigration seems to work. Next time the gov go shopping for immigrants why don't you hop along?

It would be a lot better if you just came out and said you only want non Muslims in Europe, would have saved yourself a whole lot of writing!

It makes no sense too because most of the countries you listed that apparently have utopian citizens have crime rates through the roof, they make the highest of crime rates in Europe seem amateur like.

If you are a hood with a criminal record from Mexico, no thanks, good look on that US Border. If you have a high school diploma or a college degree and have a clean record, try your lot in Europe.

It's pretty hard to emigrate to Ireland from South or Central America, most of them have to join a dodgy language school. It's probably similar with other EU countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

peddlelies wrote: »
    The day Sweden stopped releasing crime data based on immigration status/nationality you knew the jig was up.

Cowards, the lot of them.

As far as I knew Sweden's crime problem is largely among second generation migrants. (BBC had a special on it a few months ago). So what you're seeing today is largely as a result of policies of the late 90s rather than recent waves of migration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,443 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Kivaro wrote: »
    Would I emigrate to another country for the dole?
    I certainly would not. I was brought up to believe in working for a living and not to be a burden on society even when the economy is bad.
    Also, many countries around the world would not allow me to emigrate to their countries without the skills and financial backing to support myself. For example, I could not emigrate to Australia or the United States and expect welfare or to be housed as soon as I arrive ............. which leads to your first question: "Is that what is happening?"

Of course it is happening in Ireland. When you receive relatively high welfare payments, free healthcare (medical cards), and free accomodation if you declare yourself homeless as soon as you arrive, it is no wonder that we have such a large influx of welfare tourists. That, and the promise of a forever home with the billions currently being allocated for social housing in the next few years.

Let's take Africans for example. Almost 60% of Africans in Ireland are on welfare. This is an abhorrent percentage. And I would bet that Roma Gypies numbers are even higher. The point is that we (the people paying for them to be on welfare) can see that it is not sustainable to continue accepting people into the country who have no means to support themselves. We can only afford so much, and when the next recession hits in a year or two, services to our families, friends, and neighbours will be cut in order to continue paying for the welfare benefits of these new arrivals. It is self-destruction.

Probably even higher than 60%. So how does a non refugee African even get in here? Never understood how so many flock here as we have zero history or colonial links to any of those countries. We all know why they do of course. Yet we have a very sizable Nigerian pop.
    What is the visa procedure?
    Also can ones that arrive in the Uk as per colonial settlement move here freely? Ireland migration policy needs serious looking at and needs to be absolutely tied to labour and skills ala the Aussie model- total common sense approach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,443 ✭✭✭✭road_high

As far as I knew Sweden's crime problem is largely among second generation migrants. (BBC had a special on it a few months ago). So what you're seeing today is largely as a result of policies of the late 90s rather than recent waves of migration.

So they can expect even worse to come. And with EU free movement it becomes everyone’s problem

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Nothing is free. There is no such thing as government money. It is all tax payers money. And I don't recall anyone asking the taxpayer if they wanted their hard earned spent looking after people who come from Africa or the middle East.

There are plenty of issues facing tax contributing people that require funding. No shortage of issues

Advertisement