Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long do I have to activate my debit card and how do I do it?

Options
  • 06-07-2019 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I read online that I need to withdraw money to activate my debit card but I have no money in my account because I only opened it recently and will the card cancel if I don't activate it soon?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

PierceB30 wrote: »
    I read online that I need to withdraw money to activate my debit card but I have no money in my account because I only opened it recently and will the card cancel if I don't activate it soon?

Hi PierceB30,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. Generally the letter that arrives with the card would outline the exact timeframe for activating the Visa Debit Card for your account. Just to advise you can activate the card by carrying out a balance enquiry at a Bank of Ireland ATM.

I hope this helps and please feel free to get in touch with us if we can help with anything else.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement