Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple lodgements to my bank acc

• 06-07-2019 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

Hi, does anyone know if people are making multiple lodgements to your bank account with IBAN and BIC from say UK and Ireland

Do the bank start asking questions?

Will they block any transfers?

Ive started letting out an apartment and people sometimes send me the deposit via banking online, there has been 3 from seperate people in the last few days. Its only €150 per person.

Do they start asking questions or will it be grand or should I tell them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Hi, does anyone know if people are making multiple lodgements to your bank account with IBAN and BIC from say UK and Ireland

Do the bank start asking questions?

Will they block any transfers?

Ive started letting out an apartment and people sometimes send me the deposit via banking online, there has been 3 from seperate people in the last few days. Its only €150 per person.

Do they start asking questions or will it be grand or should I tell them?

Anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Revenue will ask for proof of payments and so long as you declare and pay tax your all okay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Lackadaisical

They won't block it but if you've regular large payments coming in just be prepared to declare them to Revenue.

If all is above board, there's absolutely nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

The bank wont be asking you any questions but as the last poster says you might want to keep an eye of what is owed to revenue or leave a percentage in the account for revenue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Lackadaisical

Also it's worth keeping a log of who is paying what as it can be difficult to figure out what transaction links to which person later on and you can get people claiming they paid when they haven't or you may not notice someone has paid when they have.

So keep a spreadsheet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement