Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Without fans, the spectacle of Mania is gone.

The barely got away with it in 2020. They will struggle making Mania feel special without fans.

Which is probably a reason why they wont do Rock vs Reigns next year(if it was ever gonna happen)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,645 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Which is probably a reason why they wont do Rock vs Reigns next year(if it was ever gonna happen)

I was reading today that The Rock can't do it next year due to other commitments however he wants to do it in 2022.

The Rock is a very smart business man and he won't do something that won't benefit him in the long term and no fans there for him is not good business sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,091 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And being The Rock, he's probably in the middle of making 5 films, a tv series and producing a couple of other series

• Registered Users Posts: 86,529 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Goldberg winning the RR?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I was reading today that The Rock can't do it next year due to other commitments however he wants to do it in 2022.

The Rock is a very smart business man and he won't do something that won't benefit him in the long term and no fans there for him is not good business sense.

Will The Rock's schedule even have space to fit in his old day job? Not being funny, but as pointed out already, the man is absolutely up to his neck in productivity these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

You’d also think that tv and movie production will be insanely busy once they get a handle on Covid-19

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

You’d also think that tv and movie production will be insanely busy once they get a handle on Covid-19

Yeah if you’re involved in that industry when it gets back up and running fully it’ll be full speed ahead.

Plus there's also the relaunching of the XFL in 2022.

He doesn't need them and hasn't in a long time, they need him a hell of a whole lot more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Rock, Austin and Brock etc. being able to pick and choose when/if they show up is why WWE is the way it is now.

All the current roster are gimped so that they don't ever manage to get bigger than the company so that they can do the same thing in the future and yet when a wwe star from the past wants to come back for a few weeks/months they are usually booked to bury the current talent.

They are in some trouble when these older guys get too beat up/dead to keep coming back. Wasn't it Aleister Black that was UpUpDownDown and said to Xavier at one point (i'm paraphrasing): "we're the generation of Superstars that no one is going to be nostalgic about"?

TripleMania free tonight on AAA Youtube channel from 1am.

• Advertisement

Reading that it was Prichard that buried all the big guys to Vince and how they are trained in NXT.

HHH & Steph will be gunning for him he better make sure he brings his gun to work again.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Reading that it was Prichard that buried all the big guys to Vince and how they are trained in NXT.

HHH & Steph will be gunning for him he better make sure he brings his gun to work again.

Yeah because Bruce is such an expert on that wrestling training. Now if it was his brother then fair enough.

Well I think it’s a given that Kevin Dunn is out the door when the door comes that triple h and Stephanie presumably take over and it may be one thing I’ll give them credit for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

To play devil's advocate there's obviously a problem in how these lads are developed for Vince's playground. There's a chasm between what HHH does with them in NXT and what Vince does with them in the main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Oof...

o0s5utxs01561.jpg

From NXT and North American champion to facing Garza on Main Event in 5 months.

That's a hell of a relegation for Keith Lee.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,529 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

J. Marston wrote: »
    Oof...

o0s5utxs01561.jpg

From NXT and North American champion to facing Garza on Main Event in 5 months.
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    That's a hell of a relegation for Keith Lee.

Keith Lee had just won big in NXT and then brought to Raw, it was too soon, whereas what's left for Adam Cole to do in NXT

"Welcome to the big leagues!"

WWE will never use the wrestlers you like properly.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Keith Lee had just won big in NXT and then brought to Raw, it was too soon, whereas what's left for Adam Cole to do in NXT

Let his contract with this dog**** company expire and go back to being a wrestler.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm probably overthinking this to the extreme but part of me thinks they're trying to artificially force this sense of injustice amongst fans that got fans behind people like Bryan and Becky but it was natural in their cases.

In the last week news "leaks" that he's been sent back to the PC for retraining (which he clearly doesn't need) and now he's facing a nobody like Garza on Main Event?

Seems a bit fishy to me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'm probably overthinking this to the extreme but part of me thinks they're trying to artificially force this sense of injustice amongst fans that got fans behind people like Bryan and Becky but it was natural in their cases.

In the last week news "leaks" that he's been sent back to the PC for retraining (which he clearly doesn't need) and now he's facing a nobody like Garza on Main Event?

Seems a bit fishy to me.

This doesn’t work with no live fan base and piped in audience. Which means no one will organically get over now if Vince doesn’t want them to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Neither Lee himself or any of you should be surprised at this ....... He was never a fit. At the end of the day, look at him and look at drew. Case closed. Not saying its right, just saying it is what it is and lee made a massive mistake going there, if people werent such marks and where business people they wouldnt go near wwe

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

How can you say he made a massive mistake. Im sure hes earning a good bit. Im sure his financial security is sorted for now.

And its not like he cant negotiate his next contract and either get more money or join AEW.

Lee is a star, the cream will rise to the top. He will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Re: Keith Lee.

My mate had to remind me that Vince McMahon did the same thing to Jericho 20 years ago - sending him to developmental for a short time to "learn the style" after being on the roster... yes ... Chris Jericho.

My two cents is that it's just WWE's way of punishing him for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Re: Keith Lee.

My mate had to remind me that Vince McMahon did the same thing to Jericho 20 years ago - sending him to developmental for a short time to "learn the style" after being on the roster... yes ... Chris Jericho.

My two cents is that it's just WWE's way of punishing him for something.

From what Ive read, a few lads were sent down to learn more under Drew Gulak. Now they are all bigger guys, Braun, Lee, Otis..... Im guessing its not as big a deal as being punished or being chastised. Most likely Vince or someone noticed something that he felt the big dudes lacked or weren't doing right.

If I have one thing to note about Lee, is that he needs to learn and many others in wrestling need to learn, is that less is more. Lee has a habit of trying to fit all his big moves in in every match. If he does this each week, then nothing will be special come the big matches.

Its not a WWE problem either, the Young Bucks whipped out loads of big moves in a small tv match with TH2 last week. Less is more.

Kenny Omega and Pages match at Full Gear was a good example of just doing enough. Leave the people wanting more and keeping plenty in reserve for the next meeting.

He has been devalued to the point that he wont get the cash elsewhere. HE is not on the cash you would think he is. When the boss man doesnt see anything in you it means you wont make much past any downside. That is NOT big money for that lad.

He is NOT a star. He is on a show noone watches. To people not on forums, he is a fat fella on tv who used to wear a skirt. He should have known this was the way it would go and decided to go elsewhere....
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    How can you say he made a massive mistake. Im sure hes earning a good bit. Im sure his financial security is sorted for now.

And its not like he cant negotiate his next contract and either get more money or join AEW.

Lee is a star, the cream will rise to the top. He will be fine.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Oh great, this guy again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Keith Lee is a good wrestler but I agree it's a bit of a stretch to call him a star. The whole softly spoken thing never did it for me.

You'd have to ask why these lads were even called up from NXT in the first place if Vince doesn't think they're ready.

Ah yes, disagreements..... We really should outlaw them shouldn't we... Happy monday
    Oh great, this guy again...

Keith Lee is a good wrestler but I agree it's a bit of a stretch to call him a star. The whole softly spoken thing never did it for me.

You'd have to ask why these lads were even called up from NXT in the first place if Vince doesn't think they're ready.

Being a good wrestler doesn't matter in WWE. Being a good Sports Entertainment Superstar™ does.

I think Vince and his cronies call up some of these guys just to spite Trips and his little super-indie pet project sometimes. I feel like there a bit of resentment towards some guys/gals that don't start their training in the Performance Centre.

• Advertisement

I like Keith Lee however he isn't a star and probably never will be.

Advertisement