Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

J. Marston wrote: »
    Mandalorian
    Sasha Banks put Boba Fett through a table with a jetpack-assisted swinging DDT.

Also, from that post-credit scene it looks like her character has become a whole lot bigger.

Not a sentence I ever thought I'd type.

Also, that episode was fúcking amazing!

I popped when it happened. Sold it well in fairness.
    Btw Sasha has wwe over a barrel because she can now say she was in a Star Wars show with mark Hamill and her name is there to prove it

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Btw Sasha has wwe over a barrel because she can now say she was in a Star Wars show with mark Hamill and her name is there to prove it

As if WWE will ever acknowledge it, due to her being credited under her real name.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think she'll be off to Hollywood in 12-18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Sasha has them by the balls alright. Career is in her own hands now, what a great position to be in. Well done to her.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    As if WWE will ever acknowledge it, due to her being credited under her real name.

Oh wwe probably won’t but she has something under her own real name and wwe can’t stop her. At the very least wwe won’t act the Bollocks with her like they did with Batista. She’s golden if she wants to.

• Advertisement

I think she'll be off to Hollywood in 12-18 months.
    Sasha has them by the balls alright. Career is in her own hands now, what a great position to be in. Well done to her.

They could very easily and quiet possibly lose 2/4 of The 4 Horsewomen over the next year or 2.

Though who knows with Becky right now.

Oh wwe probably won’t but she has something under her own real name and wwe can’t stop her. At the very least wwe won’t act the Bollocks with her like they did with Batista. She’s golden if she wants to.

Looking back at the 2 Guardians movies (and the forthcoming Christmas Special and 3rd film in a few years time) and along with Infinity War & Endgame, WWE have wound up looking like absolute right eejits.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,646 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fair play to her but she can't act for anything however that's not stopped loads of actors getting work.

Looking back at the 2 Guardians movies and along with Infinity War & Endgame, WWE have wound up looking like absolute right eejits.

That’s my point in that they won’t want to make the same mistake again. Although this is wwe and Vince so I’d rule nothing out. Disney won’t be messing about and she now has non wwe centric eyes on her. I don’t know if she’ll be off to Hollywood soon but the thing is unlike any of the other four horsewomen she has a big time start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Looking back at the 2 Guardians movies (and the forthcoming Christmas Special and 3rd film in a few years time) and along with Infinity War & Endgame, WWE have wound up looking like absolute right eejits.

I doubt that they see it that way. They've ( they being Vince and his yes men - I'd hope HHH and Stephanie can see the flaws) made the decision to make WWE the star and not the individuals, as I said before, they want interchangable characters to fill roles for them.

They don't want any star to be bigger than the product, they saw what happened to WCW (doomed by catering to superstars egos) and they experienced losses when their guys became stars and left, leaving them in the lurch.

I'd say Sasha could leave tomorrow and Vince and Kevin Dunn would just think "not a problem, Carmella can take her place or we can bring up.someone from NXT.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

I doubt that they see it that way. They've ( they being Vince and his yes men - I'd hope HHH and Stephanie can see the flaws) made the decision to make WWE the star and not the individuals, as I said before, they want interchangable characters to fill roles for them.

They don't want any star to be bigger than the product, they saw what happened to WCW (doomed by catering to superstars egos) and they experienced losses when their guys became stars and left, leaving them in the lurch.

I'd say Sasha could leave tomorrow and Vince and Kevin Dunn would just think "not a problem, Carmella can take her place or we can bring up.someone from NXT.

Problem is the fans would notice Sasha is gone, won't care about Carmella because she still sucks and they may not care about the NXT call-up.

They lose another few fans, Sasha gets to do TV/movies that give her a higher profile than WWE ever would and she may do a few handy appearances for Stardom/AEW/Impact if she still has an interest in wrestling.

Sasha has been fairly open in her critisism of WWE during her time there. She'll relish the oppurtunity to stick it to them. Their status as the only game in town is slowly but surely diminishing.

Problem is the fans would notice Sasha is gone, won't care about Carmella because she still sucks and they may not care about the NXT call-up.

Yeah but there is the tried and trusted WWE response that is always rolled out to stuff like that. "The fans are obviously wrong"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Why would ye think she would be successful in film/tv. Apart from maybe appearing in future episodes of Mando I can't see her doing anything too high profile. According to her imdb Mandalorian is the only thing she's done outside wrestling.
    Maybe she'll get lucky and land a nice recurring role somewhere or a future Marvel role but I think it wouldn't be wise to leave wrestling just yet.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Why would ye think she would be successful in film/tv. Apart from maybe appearing in future episodes of Mando I can't see her doing anything too high profile. According to her imdb Mandalorian is the only thing she's done outside wrestling.
    Maybe she'll get lucky and land a nice recurring role somewhere or a future Marvel role but I think it wouldn't be wise to leave wrestling just yet.

Disney are in the woke business. A black woman who is already in their system? They have plans for her already.

That was Ming-Na Wen in the post credit scene not Sasha.

I don't think she would be impressed with people mixing her up with a 57 year old Aisan woman that actually looks younger than her.

If she gets called back for season three it will be in the same kind of role a sidekick every couple of episodes not enough for her to chuck her full time gig in the WWE anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Disney are in the woke business. A black woman who is already in their system? They have plans for her already.

"Woke" Christ...

You don't need to be Meryl Streep to be an action star. Gina Carano couldn't act her way out of a cardboard box but has made a success out of acting.

Sasha has a big following already, she's young, she's good looking, can do stunt work, has family connections. She has a lot going for her.

And I don't think she was even bad in the show. There's a world of difference when you're not shouting Vince McMahon's scripts into a mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That was Ming-Na Wen in the post credit scene not Sasha

I don't think she would be impressed with people mixing her up with a 57 year old Aisan woman that actually looks younger than her.

If she gets called back for season three it will be in the same kind of role a sidekick every couple of episodes not enough for her to chuck her full time gig in the WWE anyway.

Just remember this isn't a Mandalorian thread. :)
    Don't think anyone said it was her in the post credits scene.
    But season 3 will likely deal with Mandalore more so she would make appearances, I'm guessing

I suppose what may lead to her quitting is if WWE don't give her time off for the role.

As for being an action star, maybe Dwayne can get her a role to get started in bigger films, now the Fast & Furious films are wrapping up which were where Gina and Ronda showed up. Otherwise I don't think there are many big action roles for women who aren't established.

"Woke" Christ...

You don't need to be Meryl Streep to be an action star. Gina Carano couldn't act her way out of a cardboard box but has made a success out of acting.

Yes but Gina Carson looks like she could kick arshe. Sasha, not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Yes but Gina Carson looks like she could kick arshe. Sasha, not so much.

I get what you are saying.
    For me, when you look at Sasha in a ring she doesn't look like she could beat up anyone. She's extremely petite but it doesn't translate well to beating people up within the realm of wrestling. She's too small.

Oddly enough, watching the mandalorian I can take her more "serious" as to being able to beat people up. I guess it's just the realm of TV / film.
    It's easier to hide the reality of how tall or small someone is.

For a laugh, remember Stallone in Rocky 3?
    Well Sly is only 5ft9 and accordingly weighed 163 pounds (11 and a half stone) even tho he was shredded. If you put him in a WWE ring he'd look like a cruiserweight :pac:
    But yet was heavyweight champion of the world in great movies as well as a one man army in Rambo. Gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

• Advertisement

TimesArrow wrote: »

So, Orton gets to say "God damn!" and they let a "holy ****" chant happen for a few seconds?

Then they'll turn around and blame the fans for wanting something different (a good pro-wrestling show).

• Registered Users Posts: 86,529 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Rock will appear on Talking Smack after Smackdown

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This is the start of the end. USA will cancel Raw and then with no RAW money tv rights wwe will struggle. And wwe have no one to blame but themselves.

I get what you are saying.
    For me, when you look at Sasha in a ring she doesn't look like she could beat up anyone. She's extremely petite but it doesn't translate well to beating people up within the realm of wrestling. She's too small.

Oddly enough, watching the mandalorian I can take her more "serious" as to being able to beat people up. I guess it's just the realm of TV / film.
    It's easier to hide the reality of how tall or small someone is.

For a laugh, remember Stallone in Rocky 3?
    Well Sly is only 5ft9 and accordingly weighed 163 pounds (11 and a half stone) even tho he was shredded. If you put him in a WWE ring he'd look like a cruiserweight :pac:
    But yet was heavyweight champion of the world in great movies as well as a one man army in Rambo. Gas.

Funny thing is that Stallone had huge respect for wrestling. When roddy piper was doing a movie, the stunt people were kind of making fun of piper and Stallone pulled them on the fact they need many goes at stunts while wrestlers do it in one take.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

How many times has this happened? The more things change, the more they stay the same. WWE is in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Loughc wrote: »
    This is the start of the end. USA will cancel Raw and then with no RAW money tv rights wwe will struggle. And wwe have no one to blame but themselves.

Way too soon for that. The contract has years to run and WWE is basically USA's only programming that regularly cracks top 10 in the demo. Also you have to keep in mind WWE's greatest supporter is Bonnie Hammer, she's 70 years old, who knows where she'll be by the time the contract is up. That being said, while with their current reach it's tough to envision WWE getting a contract at the same level as they have now, who knows. Them asking for more adult content though is not a good sign, but what they want, they get. Keeping in mind the 3rd hour of Raw has always existed purely at the behest of USA.

I'd be far more concerned about FOX if I were in the room in WWE. Those Smackdown ratings are below par for what they'd be expecting. You can rightly say they've been brought in primarily to draw during the quiet summer season for them, but going into this summer there must be concern with where the trends are going.

Tom Cruise has nothing on Sami :)
    Verified
    EXCLUSIVE!! Leaked audio of Sami Zayn

Woowwww @samizayn sure had a lot to say once he thought the cameras were off. Listen to him berate a stagehand after @wwebige crashed the Sami Awards! ��

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI_Sj0nDCZa/

WWE to launch an NXT Mexico Lucha Libre Series

Who is getting fired?

Lead Writer
    WWE develops and produces 52 weeks of original programming including Monday Night RAW, the longest running weekly episodic television show in history airing on USA, and Friday Night SmackDown airing in primetime every Friday night on FOX. Both RAW and SmackDown combine action, drama, reality, comedy and adventure and the goal of the creative team is to provide compelling stories portrayed by the world’s most charismatic, diverse, larger-than-life characters on or off television!

The Lead Writer will have the opportunity to manage, mentor, and develop experienced Writers/Producers with a diverse creative background while simultaneously being accountable for compiling, editing, and developing weekly/long term scripts, storylines, and character development.

Key Responsibilities
    Manage a team of Writers/Producers to build compelling stories that capture a global audience fitting multiple demographics
    Lead writing team discussions in brainstorming and laying out weekly episodes and long-term storylines
    Responsible for the development of clearly defined yet emotionally sophisticated characters for a diverse group of WWE Superstars through thought provoking, captivating, and creative storylines
    Edit in-ring promos and backstage segments submitted by writing team members for continuity, character consistency, storyline progression and final punch-ups
    Compile, write, edit, and take ownership of the drafts for their respective shows weekly, including all promotions, graphics, replays and pop culture references
    Constructively mentor and critique individual writers to help develop growth and foster a positive team environment
    Incorporate consumer insights and social media to deliver impactful storylines that are consistent with the WWE and Talent Brands
    Deftly pitch ideas and stories to executives in weekly creative meetings
    Produce and direct Talent in a live television environment on a weekly basis
    Collaborate with internal WWE departments as liaisons for the Creative Writing Team
    Travel weekly to live taping of RAW or SmackDown as well as Pay-Per View events.
    Requirements:
    5+ years of TV/Film writing and production experience
    Experience supervising a writing team and leading a writer’s room
    Experience in all aspects of Live TV production a plus
    Knowledge of WWE shows, talent, storylines, and audience demographic/psychographic
    BA/BS in Film, TV, Drama, Media Studies, Communications or similar field of study or proven experience in lieu of degree
    Located in NYC/Stamford, CT area OR open/able to relocate
    We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.

WWE is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer and is subject to federal regulations pertaining to employment. WWE does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under federal, state or local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. WWE also provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and any other state or local laws. For information about Privacy and Information Security for WWE employment candidates, please review our Candidate Privacy Policy . For information regarding Terms and Conditions for this and other WWE websites, please review our Terms and Conditions of Use .

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2334190262/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

WWEs writers arent the problem.

WWE have had hundreds of writing employees over the years. No matter who writes the show, having the top bosses (Vince, his family and who ever is in his inner circle at the time) consistently produce the same sturctured show and formula for the last 15 plus years is the problem.

The writers pander to this man, this man produced what he likes and makes his writers rewrite **** until its the same ****.

Until the top brass change, nothing will truly change.

Advertisement