Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Have they watched their own product before publishing that? As some of the "KEY RESPONSIBILITIES" don't match with what's on screen every week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

5+ years of TV/Film writing and production experience

Stopped reading here. Should they not be experienced in pro wrestling storytelling and not tv/films.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

What sort of money would your average writer make per year at WWE? If they last a year that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,646 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Blanco100 wrote: »
    What sort of money would your average writer make per year at WWE? If they last a year that is.
    These two recent LinkedIn postings show that writers make an average of $79,500 a year in the position. The range was noted to be from $61K to $103K.

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2020/09/17/wwe-job-posting-reveals-average-writers-salary/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

For the **** you have to put up with and the god awful hours, its not worth the money.

It would also put you off wrestling for life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

beakerjoe wrote: »
    It would also put you off wrestling for life.

So would watching it.

I'd imagine a lead writer would be on the top end of that.

However $2k a week in the States with taxes etc their take home pay for the crap they would have to put up with wouldn't be worth it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

That is an awful awful wage. ****ing hell! Writers for my tech company are on double that here with way less hassle. Full benefits too.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Taxes in Conn are massive too! I would have thought the writers wage would be much higher.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Probably lots of people wanting to do it, hence no need to pay them that high?

• Advertisement

The WWE and Keith Lee went head to head with the US patent office trying to trademark the name Keith Lee.

Keith Lee won.

They ae also trying to trademark Mia Yim's name as well.

The WWE and Keith Lee went head to head with the US patent office trying to trademark the name Keith Lee.

Keith Lee won.

They will change his name and he will kiss goodbye to any chance of a push.

That's why Vince never liked wrestlers using their real names in his company he doesn't have the rights to them.

As AJ said during the week his face is the intellectual property of the WWE while he is under contract to the WWE.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Keith Lee won.

Totally normal thing for a company to do and not at all a ridiculously toxic work environment.

I'm sure Keith and Mia will have long and fruitful runs for the rest of their WWE tenure and won't be cast as Happy Dancin' Black Man and Chop Socky Asian Broad.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So trademark for "Reckoning"?

That's why Vince never liked wrestlers using their real names in his company he doesn't have the rights to them.

As AJ said during the week his face is the intellectual property of the WWE while he is under contract to the WWE.

AJ sold his rights to WWE. AJ had a decent career in Impact, ROH and NJPW and his WWE payday at the latter side of his career was too good to turn down.

A smart move by AJ who to be fair was treated better in WWE than most expected. Hes financially set now.

Keith Lee wouldnt be in the same position so the circumstances are different. Id imagine any fininacial offer eould be significantly lower than one made to AJ.

Now its up to WWE if they continue with pushing Lee or continue using his name. I fully expect his name to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

AJ sold his rights to WWE. AJ had a decent career in Impact, ROH and NJPW and his WWE payday at the latter side of his career was too good to turn down.

A smart move by AJ who to be fair was treated better in WWE than most expected. Hes financially set now.

Keith Lee wouldnt be in the same position so the circumstances are different. Id imagine any fininacial offer eould be significantly lower than one made to AJ.

Now its up to WWE if they continue with pushing Lee or continue using his name. I fully expect his name to change.

AJ says he is renting it to WWE...

https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/news-aj-styles-reveals-truth-behind-ownership-name-wwe

While he is with WWE, they own it but if/when he leaves then he's free to use AJ Styles anywhere else.

But as you said, he is set in WWE so it likely won't be an issue. He does have them over a barrel for contract renegotiations though, as they won't want AJ Styles making a surprise debut on AEW.

MVP won his own bit of legit Gold as well over last weekend.

What a 2020 he is having returned for a once off appearance in the Rumble so his son could see him wrestling to being one of the best things about the WWE in whole of 2020 and closing becoming a World Champion.

https://twitter.com/The305MVP/status/1341090880040669185?s=20

MVP won his own bit of legit Gold as well over last weekend.

What a 2020 he is having returned for a once off appearance in the Rumble so his son could see him wrestling to being one of the best things about the WWE in whole of 2020 and closing becoming a World Champion.

https://twitter.com/The305MVP/status/1341090880040669185?s=20

He has been used perfectly. They work off how strengths and hide his weaknesses. He rarely wrestles and when he does he usually puts people over. His mic skills have elevated all around him whether in his group or his opponents.

Cedric in particular can learn a lot from him and he already is showing more since hes been involved with MVP. How an older talent should be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I've said before fair play to him for seizing the opportunity he was given and making the most of it. He's prominent on Raw and he's brought others with him.

I remember seeing him on The Wrestlers and then at The Rumble. Big difference in the crowds he performs for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Keith Lee won.

How do they square trying to trademark someone's actual name when that person is an independent contractor?

Totally normal thing for a company to do and not at all a ridiculously toxic work environment.

I'm sure Keith and Mia will have long and fruitful runs for the rest of their WWE tenure and won't be cast as Happy Dancin' Black Man and Chop Socky Asian Broad.

Aaaaaand it's already started with Mia.

She's called Reckoning now and the prematch graphic for her vs. Nikki Cross on Main Event (yes, it still exists) had "Recko" in one colour and "Ning" in another.

Recko Ning. She'll be just Ning by next week.

Aaaaaand it's already started with Mia.

She's called Reckoning now and the prematch graphic for her vs. Nikki Cross on Main Event (yes, it still exists) had "Recko" in one colour and "Ning" in another.

Recko Ning. She'll be just Ning by next week.

Shes been reckoning ever since she bounced up to the main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Anyone else see this article by Bruce Mitchell ? Really distasteful for this kind of thing so close to the man's death.

EqVTCfWW4AEv4aM?format=jpg&name=small

EqVTCfbWMAAwf6a?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Anyone else see this article by Bruce Mitchell ? Really distasteful for this kind of thing so close to the man's death.

EqVTCfWW4AEv4aM?format=jpg&name=small

EqVTCfbWMAAwf6a?format=jpg&name=small
    Ya I posted it in the RIP thread. Disgusting stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Sorry for repost

Brodies fam have no duty to be open about private details of Lees death.

If Mitchell has proof of a cover up, then its newsworthy. However the time isnt now and I am wagering all he is doing is pure speculation.

Brodies fam have no duty to be open about private details of Lees death.

If Mitchell has proof of a cover up, then its newsworthy. However the time isnt now and I am wagering all he is doing is pure speculation.

Sadly the Internet has made it so clowns like this will gain fans with their dumb**** conspiracy theories.

He doesn't need proof to convince antivaxxers or "It's just the flu, bro!" types.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

TimesArrow wrote: »

Well I guess that's something at least, holding their hands up and admitting vetting wasn't done.

Advertisement