Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Well I guess that's something at least, holding their hands up and admitting vetting wasn't done.

The author isn't backing down though...

https://twitter.com/mitchellpwtorch/status/1343728661527146502

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Well I guess that's something at least, holding their hands up and admitting vetting wasn't done.

Bruce still thinks it was ok. He should just say sorry and move on and quit digging. He has a load of tweets on his page defending it. The main one is he stands by everything.

https://twitter.com/mitchellpwtorch/status/1343728661527146502?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Well then he's an utter clown if he won't let it go. There's a family grieving through a tremendous loss while trying to maintain some sort of Christmas resembling normal for the kids.

It's hard to fathom the ego of someone who thinks their quest for "answers" trumps what the family are going through.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Well then he's an utter clown if he won't let it go. There's a family grieving through a tremendous loss while trying to maintain some sort of Christmas resembling normal for the kids.

It's hard to fathom the ego of someone who thinks their quest for "answers" trumps what the family are going through.

He's a scumbag.
    But alas, there's many of his type in this world. He doesn't care about the grieving family - he earned a few quid writing the article and probably thinks this will help spread his name out there (or, make more money down the line)

Sadly I have often found that when personal gain goes up against someone else's feelings, personal gain trump's for most.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,646 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wrestlers should boycott doing anything with PW Torch now and see how long it takes Keller to do something other than put out a statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Wrestlers should boycott doing anything with PW Torch now and see how long it takes Keller to do something other than put out a statement.

Do you want the guy fired? A journalist having an opinion/story that you disagree with and being an unmitigated and selfish arshehole is bad but it isn't really a firing offence is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Do you want the guy fired? A journalist having an opinion/story that you disagree with and being an unmitigated and selfish arshehole is bad but it isn't really a firing offence is it?

If he doesn't row himself in and stop defending himself even when the editor in chief held his hands up then yes he should be fired.

Every second he doesn't just adds pain to his family.

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Welp...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Yes.

For the record I think he is an as*hole and now the result is in that he lost his writing gig.

But you wanted him fired?
    - for the record I am not getting you going or stirring the pot - I guess what I am really talking about is difference of opinion and wishing an unfortunate circumstance to fall upon someone who says something different. I mean he didn't wish death on anyone or anything.

I got a two week ban before for talking about things that went against popular opinion on here. Does that mean I should have lost my job too for posting those things? Or suffer some event?

You can call him all the names under the sun, never read a single word from him again but wish he lost his job? Is that not a bit "either with me or against me?"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

For the record I think he is an as*hole and now the result is in that he lost his writing gig.

But you wanted him fired?
    - for the record I am not getting you going or stirring the pot - I guess what I am really talking about is difference of opinion and wishing an unfortunate circumstance to fall upon someone who says something different. I mean he didn't wish death on anyone or anything.

I got a two week ban before for talking about things that went against popular opinion on here. Does that mean I should have lost my job too for posting those things? Or suffer some event?

You can call him all the names under the sun, never read a single word from him again but wish he lost his job? Is that not a bit "either with me or against me?"

Your not a writer though and posting on a message forum is different than writing a column at a news outlet.

His piece was trash and in poor taste. A speculation piece rather than based on fact. It was ill timed and was devoid of any senstivity.

He failed as a journalist with that piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

How many people here work in a professional environment? There are ethics and standards to follow in most lines of work and a line was certainly crossed in this case, making it certainly a sackable offence.

By writing the piece, he left his employer open to potential lawsuits alone in this case. If any employee does that in any other line of work - it's definitely worthy of a firing. From a PR perspective it's a disaster for them, has probably cost them subscribers and sullied their reputation. That's before we get into any possible litigation that may arise from this.

Any employer with even an ounce of business acumen would have been rid of this guy far sooner than now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm delighted he's been fired. Not only was he a major POS for posting that crap, but he doubled down on it, and has yet to apologise. Brodies's widow posted this since

1bkulvukq8861.jpg

In other news, his son Brodie has signed a contract with AEW. He's 8, but if he decides to be a wrestler, they've covered him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The original article was bad enough, but his behaviour on twitter afterwards where he acted like he wasn't accusing the family of lying and that everyone else was the problem made damn sure I wasn't going to feel sympathy for him when he got canned.

Well done to Wade that was the right decision and outcome.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Angron wrote: »
    The original article was bad enough, but his behaviour on twitter afterwards where he acted like he wasn't accusing the family of lying and that everyone else was the problem made damn sure I wasn't going to feel sympathy for him when he got canned.

This is it, really.

He wasn't sacked because he held an unpopular opinion.

He was sacked because he attempted to use his position to push an extremely hurtful conspiracy theory against a family who were mourning. When called out on it, he doubled and tripled down harder, when an apology would have ended it there, reputation tarnished but still in tact. And in doing so, he made himself nuclear on a professional level; PWTorch were getting hit hard for his behviour. Once you start losing money for your company and becoming a PR nightmare (at best) and opening your company up to numerous lawsuits (at worst), you simply cannot be shocked when the company sends you packing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Going by what we've heard of Jon and his family, it doesn't seem like his wife would go along with a cover up to benefit a company that caused her husband's death.
    Has Mitchell broken any other stories or been extremely wrong before? just curious what his track record is like that he would do this

gerrybbadd wrote: »

1bkulvukq8861.jpg

This poor woman has to take time out from mourning the loss of her husband and looking after her children to write this because of lower than life person.

That disgusting person deserves more than being sacked in my opinion. He will be a brave man if ever to shows his face at a wrestling event ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I see he's deactivated his twitter account now, Jericho was calling him out on his sh1t there.

Coward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This poor woman has to take time out from mourning the loss of her husband and looking after her children to write this because of lower than life person.

That disgusting person deserves more than being sacked in my opinion. He will be a brave man if ever to shows his face at a wrestling event ever again.

I was angry reading the part where this poor woman whose just lost her husband and father of her children and she had to waste time explaining AGAIN the series of events because one wrestling journalist decided to throw **** against a wall and then when called on his story doubled down and was not for turning. Ridiculous carry on. Even Meltzer who I’m not always a fan of handled it far better and probably sealed your mans faith when he reported the stuff about the Covid tests.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

It's hilarious that these conspiracy morons can't decide whether they want covid to be a hoax or whether they want there to be a cover-up of covid deaths.

This scumbag should be blackballed from the industry for this but i fear he will set up a Patreon or whatever and get enough contrarian idiots on board to still make a living.

I just saw that the legendary Danny Hodge died on Christmas Eve aged 88. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I just saw that the legendary Danny Hodge died on Christmas Eve aged 88. RIP.
    Yeah he did. He was kurt angle before kurt angle.

Apparently the guy behind Hannibaltv is doing his best Bruce Mitchell impression in regards to the Brodie lee tragedy. I find most of us as wrestling fans to be fine but there are a section who can’t help themselves trying to get over when they clearly don’t know the meaning of the term and just come across as dicks. It’s the one part of the WWE HOF that annoyed me. You had some people up there who weren’t used to speaking and these people were yelling stuff. Shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ThePott

Has anyone ever bought something from ProWrestling Tees?

They're costly enough with shipping already but wondering if I'll be hit with Duty/Import Tax on top of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

ThePott wrote: »

They're costly enough with shipping already but wondering if I'll be hit with Duty/Import Tax on top of it.

I was last time I used them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ThePott

I was last time I used them
    Cool thanks, definitely can't justify it at that price.
    I thought I heard a rumour that they would have a Europe hub at some stage but I guess not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Going by what we've heard of Jon and his family, it doesn't seem like his wife would go along with a cover up to benefit a company that caused her husband's death.
    Has Mitchell broken any other stories or been extremely wrong before? just curious what his track record is like that he would do this

The conspiracy is also completely inconsistent with how AEW have handled all Covid cases within their organisation so far - making the news public almost immediately.

ThePott wrote: »

I just used them for the first time, so ill see.

Picked up a Punk shirt with proceeds going to Brodies family. Foley doing the same too.

• Advertisement

Neil3030 wrote: »
    The conspiracy is also completely inconsistent with how AEW have handled all Covid cases within their organisation so far - making the news public almost immediately.

Theyve been a class act thus far. Cant fault Cody or Khan or others. They are taking care of Brodies family.

Top notch people. Every one of them.

Advertisement