Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ThePott

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I just used them for the first time, so ill see.

Picked up a Punk shirt with proceeds going to Brodies family. Foley doing the same too.
    Yeah was thinking the same maybe getting a Punk and Brodie tee but if it hits that hard I might leave it off.

I doubt it gets to you before the month is out but let me know if you get hit with an import tax if you can, would really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ThePott wrote: »
    Yeah was thinking the same maybe getting a Punk and Brodie tee but if it hits that hard I might leave it off.

I doubt it gets to you before the month is out but let me know if you get hit with an import tax if you can, would really appreciate it.

I didnt think of Export Tax.

Its hit and miss. Some get caught some dont. Its only 1 shirt so Im hoping the small package slips by.

Big fan of Lee but not a fan of the shirts. Glad I can support without buying a DO shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Theyve been a class act thus far. Cant fault Cody or Khan or others. They are taking care of Brodies family.

Top notch people. Every one of them.

You're forgetting the real hero of the hour - MJF, for taking an outstanding bump for the young man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Neil3030 wrote: »
    You're forgetting the real hero of the hour - MJF, for taking an outstanding bump for the young man.

Very gracious tweet from MJF too at 2.30am December 31st on the issue. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Very gracious tweet from MJF too at 2.30am December 31st on the issue. :pac:

Perfect.

Can't believe people are giving him grief over it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Bayley is going to be the next guest on Steve Austin's Broken Skull Sessions next Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,647 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Okada while promoting Wrestle Kingdom is talking about the idea of doing a global Supershow involving NJPW, AEW, CMLL, AAA & WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Okada while promoting Wrestle Kingdom is talking about the idea of doing a global Supershow involving NJPW, AEW, CMLL, AAA & WWE.

Replace the last one with ROH and they may be on to something.

WWE don't even recognise the others existence unless unavoidable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I know it's 5 years too late but I would still absolutely cream myself for cena/tanahashi..... If they could pull that off in he us, I'd be tempted to buy a ticket......

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

https://twitter.com/411wrestling/status/1346140099516489728?s=21

The man is so deluded and caught up in his own world

• Advertisement

When Big Swole is dunking you it's time to reflect

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lithium93_ wrote: »

I dunno if any American company will take a chance on him.

Finally gets over and now his chances are over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

I dunno if any American company will take a chance on him.

Finally gets over and now his chances are over.

If only his best friends owned a wrestling company

If only his best friends owned a wrestling company

They wont hire him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Over/under on how many replies I get through before I get to "16 is legal in the UK though".....
    I'm going with 7.....

That's some spectacular fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

And that is the end of his career. No one will want to touch him.
    Even if he exited wrestling for a couple of years to lay low and let stuff blow over. It would still be brought back up online and talked about again upon his return.

He could do what those who can't get booked anymore do - start your own promotion, but would anyone of any name value work for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

And that is the end of his career. No one will want to touch him.
    Even if he exited wrestling for a couple of years to lay low and let stuff blow over. It would still be brought back up online and talked about again upon his return.

He could do what those who can't get booked anymore do - start your own promotion, but would anyone of any name value work for him.

There's always Mexico.

• Advertisement

I could maybe see Marty getting one more chance in Japan down the line, otherwise I wouldn't expect AEW or WWE to take a chance on him.

I think he's been relatively quiet on the situation compared to Joey Ryan so it will be interesting to see where he's at in a year or two.

I could maybe see Marty getting one more chance in Japan down the line, otherwise I wouldn't expect AEW or WWE to take a chance on him.

I think he's been relatively quiet on the situation compared to Joey Ryan so it will be interesting to see where he's at in a year or two.

His sitiation was different in that he was high up in ROH and just recently signed a new contract.

Look at Velveteen Dream. Shine has gone off him completely to the point that its hard to watch him at all. WWE need to get rid.

His sitiation was different in that he was high up in ROH and just recently signed a new contract.

Look at Velveteen Dream. Shine has gone off him completely to the point that its hard to watch him at all. WWE need to get rid.

No argument there. No interest in watching Dream anymore rightly or wrongly.

No argument there. No interest in watching Dream anymore rightly or wrongly.

I imagine WWE were backing him based on what he told them, along with the lack of evidence involved.

But the mud has certainly stuck whether hes innocent or guilty. WWE pushed him hard and then had to cool him off to get until the heat died down.

But the damage is done at this stage. IMO its given viewers a reason to change the channel to AEW and WWE should just cut their loses.

Scrull is similary damaged and I doubt AEW will risk it. Theyve done so much right to build their reputation that hes not worth it no matter who he is friends with.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Has he appeared on BTE since?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Lads, you are talking like Scurrl is the worst offender in history. He's not even the worst offender currently working on TV. You all own shirts of domestic abusers, you cheer same.

If you tar scurll with 1 brush (rightly so) then use that same criteria on everyone.

He WILL get hired somewhere without a problem and you will all forget about it. Just like most of you have forgotten about the brave people who spoke out recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,647 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lads, you are talking like Scurrl is the worst offender in history. He's not even the worst offender currently working on TV. You all own shirts of domestic abusers, you cheer same.

If you tar scurll with 1 brush (rightly so) then use that same criteria on everyone.

He WILL get hired somewhere without a problem and you will all forget about it. Just like most of you have forgotten about the brave people who spoke out recently.

Nice generalizations there

So you tar everyone with that same brush good man.

This absolutism and assumptions in your posts are not fair comments.

We are discussing facts and forming opinions based on facts.

I think its fair to assume that Marty will not be picked up by an American company, well not AEW or WWE. Impact perhaps.

I personally havent judged or pre judged him. I know of the accusations but I personally dont know the truth. Based off the accusations and his departure from ROH, I have formed the opinion that its very unlikely AEW or WWE will hire him.

I havent bought a tee shirt of any known abuser. So please dont make sweeping statements or pre judgements of me or others.

Who are we not treating equally here? Who have we given a free pass on for anything?

Instead of making sweeping statements and unfair generalizations , how about tell us why he you believe he will be hired without a problem?

• Advertisement

Foley should know that

A. Vince doesn't really run that account.

B. Vince most likeky doesn't value his political opinion.

C. Vince is a Republican

D. Vinces wife is actively backing Donald's recount angle.

Quarantining is messing with Foleys concussion riddled mind.

Advertisement