Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's a noble idea from Foley, but yeah Beakerjoe has hit the nail on the head above.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Foleys a good dude, big heart and best intentions. Probably feeling braver now that Vince and WWE isnt the only game in town anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Nope, look at the criminal records of wwe/wwf wrestlers then look at your retweets / favourites etc etc etc. People talk like scurll is the exception when he is closer to being the rule.

But it is ok because it isnt your favourite....

Nice generalizations there

So you tar everyone with that same brush good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

My point is you are purposely not using the same criteria on all wrestlers. Pointing out that if you did, alot of your favourites would be in the same boat as scurll.

Thats all

beakerjoe wrote: »
    This absolutism and assumptions in your posts are not fair comments.

We are discussing facts and forming opinions based on facts.

I think its fair to assume that Marty will not be picked up by an American company, well not AEW or WWE. Impact perhaps.

I personally havent judged or pre judged him. I know of the accusations but I personally dont know the truth. Based off the accusations and his departure from ROH, I have formed the opinion that its very unlikely AEW or WWE will hire him.

I havent bought a tee shirt of any known abuser. So please dont make sweeping statements or pre judgements of me or others.

Who are we not treating equally here? Who have we given a free pass on for anything?

Instead of making sweeping statements and unfair generalizations , how about tell us why he you believe he will be hired without a problem?

My point is you are purposely not using the same criteria on all wrestlers. Pointing out that if you did, alot of your favourites would be in the same boat as scurll.

Thats all

Go on, which wrestlers am I treating differently..... Ill wait.

Who are "my" favourites?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

. You all own shirts of domestic abusers, you cheer same.
    Nope, look at the criminal records of wwe/wwf wrestlers then look at your retweets / favourites etc etc etc. People talk like scurll is the exception when he is closer to being the rule.

What is this weird “favourites” angle you’re going with?! Who has defended anyone. Get specific here bub.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,647 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Show me my retweets / favourites etc etc etc I'll wait!

Again great generalizations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I get banned from a certain forum for two weeks for calling an obscure tv presenter a w*nker yet here we are on another forum having to put up with this constant needling.

Boards logic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I get banned from a certain forum for two weeks for calling an obscure tv presenter a w*nker yet here we are on another forum having to put up with this constant needling.

Boards logic.

Mod Hat On:

No one has reported any posts, so issues such as "constant needling" might be missed unless a mod clicks onto a thread and reads through it (which has happened this afternoon). If you've issues with posters, then please do contact mods. Its worth noting that different forums are moderated by different moderators too, so obviously there's going to be different levels of whats accepted or not.

Now, as for the matter at hand....

weareallmarks, I've had to ask you to cut the gatekeeping before, and this is the final warning with regards trying to pick fights with posters. If all you have an interest in as trying to get into spats with people, then there's not going to be future leeway given. The next time I feel you're trying to start issues with other posters, there'll be a thread ban at minimum. I get there might be a relevant conversation to be had with regards hypocracy in pro-wrestling fandom; it might be more suited for the Random Thoughts thread or another more relevant one. But if such a conversation arrives, please avoid baseless attacks on your fellow posters. It just looks like you want fights rather than conversations. If you've an issue with this, contact me via PM, but the topic of conversation ends here.

Which goes for everyone too. There's a "No Chat" rule which we obviously lare a bit lax about so that news can be fully posted, but in situations like this, it's best to enforce it. Unless the posts are specific updates about Schrull and his situation, please do not engage in further chat (and same as above, any issues, please PM me instead of responding and dragging the thread more off topic).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/roman-reigns-nixed-plans-for-damien-priests-debut-on-wwe-smackdown/

Interesting.. Reigns allegedly said no to priest being part of this storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

TimesArrow wrote: »
    https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/roman-reigns-nixed-plans-for-damien-priests-debut-on-wwe-smackdown/

I can't remember where but I do remember reading ages ago that the smartest thing Reigns can do is keep Priest down. I suppose that's based on them having a similar look, and while Reigns would obviously be favoured, you think, why even take that chance if you're Reigns?

I can't remember where but I do remember reading ages ago that the smartest thing Reigns can do is keep Priest down. I suppose that's based on them having a similar look, and while Reigns would obviously be favoured, you think, why even take that chance if you're Reigns?

Gotta protect that spot brother.

TimesArrow wrote: »

Eh....reads more like Reigns and Owens both calling out nonsensical booking and creative rightfully relenting. No big deal.

I'll eat my ****ing hat too if Jay White ends up in WWE!

Eh....reads more like Reigns and Owens both calling out nonsensical booking and creative rightfully relenting. No big deal.

I'll eat my ****ing hat too if Jay White ends up in WWE!

I have avoided WK spoilers thus far, but is their any truth to him leaving NJPW. Id imagine its an angle.

If hes available, WWE would throw big cash at him. The need main event talent for NXT and hed fit the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Jay White stuff is 100% storyline. It's literally a redemption angle to get him to his spot as lead babyface after years of being a top heel. I wouldn't be stunned if White vs Ospreay headlines the Dome next year

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Roman is the golden boy and the closest thing they have left to full-time mainstream guy. Priest is no threat to Reigns. It's him and Owens killing a dumb storyline.

Although with all that said, it comes from Meltzer so it's more than likely horseshít.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I have avoided WK spoilers thus far, but is their any truth to him leaving NJPW. Id imagine its an angle.

If hes available, WWE would throw big cash at him. The need main event talent for NXT and hed fit the bill.

I was referring to the tweet shared a few posts back claiming WWE are making a "serious play" for him.

I suspect it's all smoke and mirrors for Jay to get an adequate deal from NJPW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

NITRO95 wrote: »
    Jay White stuff is 100% storyline. It's literally a redemption angle to get him to his spot as lead babyface after years of being a top heel. I wouldn't be stunned if White vs Ospreay headlines the Dome next year

Ye that's what I'd assume too, the obvious parallels to this is Omega post Okada at the Dome. Though the WWE rumblings have been sounding for quite some time now around White, Triple H's desire for him is basically a meme at this point and he is based in Florida. His connection toe Finn Balor shouldn't be discounted. And Rovert did say WWE are looking to aggressively sign talent this year.

As a fan of the guy, it would be disappointing. He's had a great year (his 1st truly great year) in NJPW (even though he was away for months), if he were to leave the big face turn would be down the drain (this guy is guaranteed money as a face) and years of planning for NJPW is down the drain. Maybe WWE does interest him, but I really hope he says no to it. He's a guaranteed NJPW headline guy for as long as he wants to be, a relationship with AEW feels inevitable so that'd be a perfect landing spot for him in America at some stage. Going to WWE right now, with the direction they're going in, it's burning off your momentum for short term gain. Look, I'm not Jay White, I'm a dude sitting at a computer, I'm not the one being offered God knows how much by WWE but probably guaranteed security for life in a profession where you could be paralyzed tomorrow. I just think long term for him, the play is NJPW and eventually AEW.

Matt and Reby are expecting their fourth child, a girl!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Val Venis taking current events well...

https://twitter.com/ValVenisEnt/status/1347700835833180160

America is in a bad way. When a good portion of the country believe Donald Trump is the saviour, you wonder is it only a matter of time until true anarchy breaks out.

How do these people follow him? Whats the appeal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

The appeal is the exact same as why Austin was hot,to use a wrestling metaphor. If you want to argue that fine, but the more you dismiss it the more it grows. This isn't politics forum, most of the wrestlers are probably republican, so it's not gonna end well in a discussion as per the title of thr thread!

But mick Foley wants him out of thr HoF,val venis wants him in, who is my teenage self to believe!? Ask stevie Richards

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Smacruairi wrote: »
    This isn't politics forum, most of the wrestlers are probably republican

Really? I would have said that this generation of wrestlers are overwhelmingly democrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Omackeral wrote: »
    Really? I would have said that this generation of wrestlers are overwhelmingly democrats.

If they're making big money you'll probably find out that their Republicans. Think I recall Jericho and Austin in 2016 saying that the majority of wrestlers were republicans or some other form of conservative.

Hard to forget that despite all the posturing "the boys" are a big reason that there is no union. Majority don't like the idea of sharing their spot/payouts etc. whether with colleagues or government.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

And Rovert did say WWE are looking to aggressively sign talent this year.

Who? Never heard of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

White would probably be relegated to the pre-show within a year, hate to see him wasted in WWE, hopefully he stays well away.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

White would probably be relegated to the pre-show within a year, hate to see him wasted in WWE, hopefully he stays well away.

For me I dont see how any free agent would sign for WWE over AEW.

Before anyone says $$$, AEW aren't paying bad money and AEW will give you the chance to work on other ventures.

In WWE you're a part of their soulless machines, they own everything about you even your F'N Twitch account, you need to work their style, their crappy storylines and toe their company line, surely there isn't enough money to put up with that crap.

I think WWE are offering more than AEW. Its that simple.

AEW appear to be offering good deals. WWE offering crazy money.

• Advertisement

White would be cuckoo to move to either WWE or the AEW carnival. He'd be Kevin Owen's best friend or he'd be ****ing teleporting around the building in AEW.

AEW treated Rusev worse than WWE. He should have gone in there as a stud, right to the top of the card. Instead, he was brought in wearing a Minnie Mouse rigout and introduced as some Junior Cert student's best man.

I was delighted when Jacob Fatu (best in the business) signed on with MLW. Proper wrestling. It'd destroy what's left of my wrestling soul to see him stooged out on WWE or going twenty minutes with Jimmy Havoc.

Advertisement