Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

That's Kacey Catanzaro so there were probably a number of wrestlers there. Poor form, but not like Ricochet should be taking the heat all by his lonesome.

The IWC slowly trying to turn the screw on him anyway between this and being photoed from Scurll at a New Years party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

That's Kacey Catanzaro so there were probably a number of wrestlers there. Poor form, but not like Ricochet should be taking the heat all by his lonesome.

The IWC slowly trying to turn the screw on him anyway between this and being photoed from Scurll at a New Years party.

Even though I've spent pages talking him up you can absolutely question some of his actions. Marty Scurll is not the only person involved in the Speaking Out stuff that Ricochet is close with and for that you can lambast him all you like.

https://twitter.com/DannyDiaz60/status/1350032198234116099?s=19

Pretty interesting stuff. Very few people analyse rating trends as well as Meltzer does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

https://twitter.com/DannyDiaz60/status/1350032198234116099?s=19

Pretty interesting stuff. Very few people analyse rating trends as well as Meltzer does.

Yeah but very few people care as much as Meltzer does too 😂

Smacruairi wrote: »
    Yeah but very few people care as much as Meltzer does too 😂

It's literally his job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Wrestlemania is being pushed out by 2 weeks. Was originally intended for 28th March, won't happen now til April 11th

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Wrestlemania is being pushed out by 2 weeks. Was originally intended for 28th March, won't happen now til April 11th

Cant blame them, but lets face it.... it won't be the spectacle they need to gloss over their product failings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Are they hoping for something to happen in those 2 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,995 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Are they hoping for something to happen in those 2 weeks?

They're talking about moving it to Tampa and that was a free weekend for the stadium. Florida could allow maybe a half capacity crowd in is the thinking I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 60,647 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Two months wouldn't save it let alone two weeks.

Then again a lot of a Americans are pandemic deniers so Vince might target that market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

TimesArrow wrote: »

Young, rich, peak of physical fitness, tested regularly, I'm guessing. They don't care.

I would say it's American thing but given the holy show we made out of ourselves recently with Covid that would be throwing stones from our glass house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭kksaints

Two months wouldn't save it let alone two weeks.

Then again a lot of a Americans are pandemic deniers so Vince might target that market.

Quite a few NFL matches have had crowds the last few weeks including matches in Miami, New York State and Tennessee. An outdoor Wrestlemania in a stadium could have a chance of allowing fans in. I think 17,000 was the max allowed at Miami Dolphins matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Virgil posted a video of him just "hanging out" ... FFS. Lol.

https://twitter.com/TheRealVirgil/status/1350167968961998849?s=08

Hes sone hustler.... any publicity is good publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hes sone hustler.... any publicity is good publicity.

I used to laugh and go well that's Virgil hustling too :p
    Now I think he is pathetic. Like he had a run in WWF 30 years ago. Then in WCW 25 years ago. Like fair play to him, made it to the dance but so much time has passed and he just had a couple of coffee.

He just comes off as some old chap who thinks he can make money off his 15 minutes which was 30 years ago. It's gas tho, I wouldn't be surprised to hear he referenced a couple of fans as marks back in the day (as Abe Simpson says was the style at the time lol). But that would be quite ironic now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

J. Marston wrote: »
    Young, rich, peak of physical fitness, tested regularly, I'm guessing. They don't care.

I would say it's American thing but given the holy show we made out of ourselves recently with Covid that would be throwing stones from our glass house.

Premier League players are more or less the same and it's far more accepted in the States to be completely self-centred anyway.

AEW had a pull apart brawl with around 20 bodies involved. Ive seen worse than what Ricochet has done here.

That said, its still stupid and non essential. Even dumber is the voluntarily posted it on Instagram.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Plans announced for the next few Wrestlemanias...

20210114_Wrestlemania_fc_logos--579fad5cb2a28578f5543688feeac026.jpg

They've announced fans will be in attendance this year with ticket details and safety protocols to be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,389 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

J. Marston wrote: »
    Plans announced for the next few Wrestlemanias...

20210114_Wrestlemania_fc_logos--579fad5cb2a28578f5543688feeac026.jpg

They've announced fans will be in attendance this year with ticket details and safety protocols to be announced.

After so many empty arena/virtual thunderdome shows it will feel odd seeing fans in attendance. Hoping for the best outcome

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

From an international POV makes sense to have them in those locations. Some major transportation hubs from those coming from abroad would be nearby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,647 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So where is WM 40 going to be held?

NYC where it all began maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

So where is WM 40 going to be held?

NYC where it all began maybe.
    New York aside hasn't been a Wrestlemania in the northern half of the US or Canada sense 2007

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

You think someone deserves more than they actually do. I pointed out he doesnt because if he did, he would. Bring where he is is career suicide. Indies mean nothing in the big picture, if they did they wouldnt be asked to stop doing what they did on theindies.

You are a cliche wrestling fan. You are always right. So there is no real need to continue this conversation

All the best
    You can think someone does or doesn't have charisma, but I've given you examples of Ricochet being a draw in companies and you've told me "all he does is flip" do you see the discrepancy there? How many non charismatic wrestlers are draws?

And you seem to either not acknowledge or are just unaware of the influence of such companies. Especially when talking about Ricochet, a wrestler who came along during the super-indie phase of pro wrestling it absolutely applies. Even debating the influence of PWG or Gabe's companies (ROH up to until 2008, DGUSA, Evolve) imagine even trying to debate the influence of those companies on the major American or Japanese companies? That's not a case of agree or disagree, that's like the most given thing imaginable.

I was gonna do a super long post, but before that, because you've avoided answering this each time, what have you watched outside of WWE? Because, and I'm not being horrible, having a debate with someone on the influence of those companies who has never watched those companies is completely pointless.

To be even slightly annoyed by someone quoting online is a lucky position to be in mate.

Keep on being a fan
    montyrebel wrote: »
    does it slightly annoy anyone else that weareallmarks types above the post he is quoting and not below it, or is it just me?

You think someone deserves more than they actually do. I pointed out he doesnt because if he did, he would. Bring where he is is career suicide. Indies mean nothing in the big picture, if they did they wouldnt be asked to stop doing what they did on theindies.

You are a cliche wrestling fan. You are always right. So there is no real need to continue this conversation

All the best

Basically, you've never seen him outside of WWE which means, in this conversation about a wrestler who we're debating about how he'd fare outside the confines of WWE, that yes indeed I am right purely by default.

Cheers.

BAsically, you've no idea what youre talking about when it comes to what the big companies want. But enjoy what you enjoy, stop getting the last word on strangers on random wrestling boards.

He should leave wwe because he cant do what they want him to. For his mental health he should get out. If you read my posts instead of ignoring what is said because you are right all the time, you would have seen that point made.

Happy monday

On you go
    Basically, you've never seen him outside of WWE which means, in this conversation about a wrestler who we're debating about how he'd fare outside the confines of WWE, that yes indeed I am right purely by default.

Cheers.

BAsically, you've no idea what youre talking about when it comes to what the big companies want. But enjoy what you enjoy, stop getting the last word on strangers on random wrestling boards.

He should leave wwe because he cant do what they want him to. For his mental health he should get out. If you read my posts instead of ignoring what is said because you are right all the time, you would have seen that point made.

Happy monday

On you go

I don't know about "all the time" but I do agree I'm pretty sharp, but I think that's only because I enter into debates about things I am knowledgeable about rather than chancing my arm.

I think I can safely say I'm also far more attune to what WWE look for in their signings, and in particular their main roster stuff than quite a few. I'd also say that my finger seems to be considerably more on the pulse of pro wrestling than yours is judging by our exchange. If you're going to debate a topic, please do have some substance to it outside of "well that doesn't count/matter anyway" that won't cut it with me.

Have a nice week.

@lineofbeauty youre on the ignore list. Lets move on.

I thought we already had.

Also hopefully this means I don't have to deal with any more of this bad heel schtick.

@lineofbeauty youre on the ignore list. Lets move on.

But you replied to him this morming.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    But you replied to him this morming.

I really thought we'd moved past it, especially since Ricochet clearly isn't moving on.

Advertisement