Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Sirsok wrote: »
    Suppose it can be described as news but Ciaran from the wonderful Scheduled for Two Falls podcast informed me about a game similar to Extreme Wrestling Revenge getting its first update in about 20 year.

Its called promotion wars and i have been playing it all night! Simplified version of Football manager but for the graps!

http://promwars.co.uk

wow, that brings me back. unreal

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I still call my former teachers "sir" and "miss" when I meet them so I don't think I'd manage calling The Undertaker "Mark".

Mark

Sorry, just couldn't resist the pun :pac: :o

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Omackeral wrote: »
    Always has been, brother.

tenor.gif?itemid=7770998

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

WWE Network Shutting down in US in mid-March. Licensing content to NBC. Press Release

WWE Network Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 60,647 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Comcast own Sky I wonder will the Network blend into SKY in some way down the line.

• Advertisement

Is this another step in Vince selling up totally I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

So can watch WWE and Saved by the Bell on the same service.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

New billion dollar deal. They keep failing upwards.

WWE Network Shutting down in US in mid-March. Licensing content to NBC. Press Release

WWE Network Thread

Well this makes sense now, NBCSN are shutting down their Sports Network, and moving it to USA Network, so the company are possibly protecting themselves by licensing their content to NBC in case USA dropkick them at the end of the current TV deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ThePott

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well this makes sense now, NBCSN are shutting down their Sports Network, and moving it to USA Network, so the company are possibly protecting themselves by licensing their content to NBC in case USA dropkick them at the end of the current TV deal.
    I don't really follow what you mean here, USA is owned by NBC. What does one have to do with the other? They're one in the same so why would they be worried about USA kicking them off when their parent company just cut them a billion dollar check?

Even with the Network deal they'll likely have to fulfill their obligations to partners like Hulu for showing their shows on streaming so I can't imagine that everything will be going to Peacock aka. Raw and Smackdown will probably still have a month delay.

• Advertisement

ThePott wrote: »
    I don't really follow what you mean here, USA is owned by NBC. What does one have to do with the other? They're one in the same so why would they be worried about USA kicking them off when their parent company just cut them a billion dollar check?

Even with the Network deal they'll likely have to fulfill their obligations to partners like Hulu for showing their shows on streaming so I can't imagine that everything will be going to Peacock aka. Raw and Smackdown will probably still have a month delay.

I've just realized my very confused mix up. I thought USA & NBC were totally separate from one another. But they are not. Never mind and please disregard my previous :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ThePott

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I've just realized my very confused mix up. I thought USA & NBC were totally separate from one another. But they are not. Never mind and please disregard my previous :o
    No prob, thought I'd missed something :pac:, hard to keep track of all these corporate giants. USA owned by NBC Universal owned by Comcast.
    Some talks now that NXT might move to the Peacock which seems like a logical move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

So can watch WWE and Saved by the Bell on the same service.

Two shows that peaked in the 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Pentecost wrote: »
    Two shows that peaked in the 90s.

I enjoyed the new Saved by the Bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I've never seen it to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Pentecost wrote: »
    I've never seen it to be fair.

It's all right......

Dave reporting that Disney/ESPN were in talks to buy the Network and were considering at one point buying the WWE itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Meltzer knows as much as I do about that deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

J. Marston wrote: »
    Meltzer knows as much as I do about that deal.

Looks like I'm about to save money on an F4W sub, tell us what you know about the deal that Dave Meltzer does not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Looks like I'm about to save money on an F4W sub, tell us what you know about the deal that Dave Meltzer does not.

Love the idea that the lead reporter in the entire wrestling business for the past 30 years has no clue about what's going on. Obviously Dave knows who to talk to and who to listen to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Dave reporting that Disney/ESPN were in talks to buy the Network and were considering at one point buying the WWE itself.

I remember I created a thread months ago about people's predictions for wrestling in the future.
    Mine was that Disney will eventually own WWE. And despite this deal falling through I still think they will one day.

WWE is just up their alley. WWE is a merchandise machine, they can make their product very PG friendly and can create stars who can transfer over to other projects like movies or TV shows. Which Disney has plenty of in their business portfolio.

Probably make WWE even MORE sh*te but that's another topic :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The latest rumour on the net is and take it with the tiniest pinch of salt is;

Punk is returning at the Rumble and he will go on the Main event one of the Mania nights against the Miz who will cash in at successfully some point before Mania, they will build on the personal beef Punk has with the Miz.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Loughc wrote: »
    The latest rumour on the net is and take it with the tiniest pinch of salt is;

Punk is returning at the Rumble and he will go on the Main event one of the Mania nights against the Miz who will cash in at successfully some point before Mania, they will build on the personal beef Punk has with the Miz.

No, Punk wont go for that. If hes coming back its not to wrestle the Miz, its to play with the big boys (Drew, Roman, Seth maybe).

Hed feel like The Miz is beneath him and I cant see him coming back for anything less than a margue match.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

beakerjoe wrote: »
    No, Punk wont go for that. If hes coming back its not to wrestle the Miz, its to play with the big boys (Drew, Roman, Seth maybe).

Hed feel like The Miz is beneath him and I cant see him coming back for anything less than a margue match.

Part of me wants him back to fight Miz only for Vince to do a screwjob in real life and let Miz go over....

Arrrggg Punk would be moaning for decades....

Part of me wants him back to fight Miz only for Vince to do a screwjob in real life and let Miz go over....

Arrrggg Punk would be moaning for decades....

Thats Handsome Phil, he will be Moaning for hours.....

CD870F16-8F3E-4611-BBFF-E5D6E3311F81.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Punk is the Ultimate troll, he knows what he's doing.

This all stemmed from a tweet, where he denied having Covid, but said he was mandatorily isolating for an upcoming "job". At Royal Rumble time. Because of course.

What is more likely however, is that he will be returning to WWE Backstage, which is confirmed to return the night before the Rumble, with host Renee Pacquette.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    What is more likely however, is that he will be returning to WWE Backstage, which is confirmed to return the night before the Rumble, with host Renee Pacquette.

This is spot on I'd say.

This is spot on I'd say.

I had no idea Backstage and Renee was returning.

Does WWE have any input as to who is on this show. Ideally they wouldnt want to ex employees (one with an axe to grind, one probably) involved.

Does WWE have any input as to who is on this show. Ideally they wouldnt want to ex employees (one with an axe to grind, one probably) involved.

Punk was on the previous run of backstage, Fox fill the presenters roles, Renee is already confirmed to be returning, their contracts will be with Fox and not WWE

• Advertisement

Not to be pedantic (but open to correction) but would Renee even be considered an ex-WWE employee yet? The 90 day no compete be up yet?

Never mind, Loughc beat me to the punch.

Advertisement