Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Goldberg say Finn Balor is the future of the company.

Balor is nearly 40 lol

Probably still one of the youngest main eventers in the company

• Registered Users Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Future is relative in WWE. Reigns has been on top for coming 6 years with Rollins shadowing him to a certain extent.

Finn could have a similar 6 year run at the top.....problem is that's not what they have in mind for him. Finn going to NXT felt more like a saving face job than anything else.

Well Finn asked to go back to NXT so I'd say it was more a case of he was sick of main roster sh*t than WWE trying to save face

I meant he asked to go back to NXT to save face for himself because it was obviously a sh1tshow for him on the main roster that hurt his aura.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

I meant he asked to go back to NXT to save face for himself because it was obviously a sh1tshow for him on the main roster that hurt his aura.

I wouldn't say it was a shtshow. Was on top, then injury, then got stuck in IC hell, but had a few decent matches and didn't get embarrassed at all with his booking, which you can't say about others.

You compsre him to Naks who has been happy to take the money and do nothing, at least Finn went back to do some good matches and bring on the junior talent.

Though id imagine not having to travel a ton would have been a massive sweetener.

• Advertisement

The last thing I can remember about him on the roster was putting the Fiend over in a one sided affair....only for THAT character to be assassinated soon after at Hell in a Cell. It summed up just how aimless his run was on the main roster even with the injuries taken into account

Smacruairi wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it was a shtshow. Was on top, then injury, then got stuck in IC hell, but had a few decent matches and didn't get embarrassed at all with his booking, which you can't say about others.

You compsre him to Naks who has been happy to take the money and do nothing, at least Finn went back to do some good matches and bring on the junior talent.

Though id imagine not having to travel a ton would have been a massive sweetener.

I dunno I'd say that's pretty embarrassing

d1e1c-15663590735238-800.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

NITRO95 wrote: »
    I dunno I'd say that's pretty embarrassing

d1e1c-15663590735238-800.jpg

But we never got to see the match.... It could have been amazing.... And then instead we got a fantastic match in him vs aj..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Happy birthday Becky lynch.

Come back and save us Becky from whatever mare they are planning in both women's divisions at Mania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Earliest you'll see her is Summerslam, I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't think I would recognise her from her latest photo
    141678718_2810200639246447_7001695152125764241_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=e0rS4Hg9t5gAX_mZRqp&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&tp=7&oh=73561d9579fafa25841325c4c23e64d0&oe=603AB793

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Don't think I would recognise her from her latest photo
    141678718_2810200639246447_7001695152125764241_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=e0rS4Hg9t5gAX_mZRqp&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&tp=7&oh=73561d9579fafa25841325c4c23e64d0&oe=603AB793

Ringer for Fernando Torres there

• Registered Users Posts: 60,647 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

For multi millionaires they really are going for the squatter look in there apartment.

Hipster look I think. Would be about right for Rollins I'd say. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ThePott

I sort of assumed it was a gym or Rollin's training school or something didn't think it was their apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

NITRO95 wrote: »
    Well Finn asked to go back to NXT so I'd say it was more a case of he was sick of main roster sh*t than WWE trying to save face

On that subject, it really was silly for him to request to drop down.

F**k that. All about the money. Finn is 40 in July. Realistically how long can he go for? 5 years? Maybe 10?

Why drop down to a lower level with the hopes you'll regain your former status and money. Finn may never get another sniff at the main event money anymore now for all he knows.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

On that subject, it really was silly for him to request to drop down.

F**k that. All about the money. Finn is 40 in July. Realistically how long can he go for? 5 years? Maybe 10?

Why drop down to a lower level with the hopes you'll regain your former status and money. Finn may never get another sniff at the main event money anymore now for all he knows.

I could be wrong but I don't ever recall reading anything about him taking a pay cut to move there. Finn had years to run on his deal iirc and was moved over after NXT had gone live on USA and they wanted more established names on that brand. I wouldn't be shocked if Finn jumped at the chance to move back to NXT on the same deal he was already on knowing he would be used better there even if it could potentially hurt his star power to some (ie big fish in a small pond who couldn't become a big fish in the ocean etc). Might have lost out initially with less house shows etc especially as a lot of NXTs house show might be more for the developmental guys but even then that is a non factor now

I wonder what Finn's merch sales are like now he is back on NXT, He was a huge merch seller on the main roster when you looked a live RAW, Smackdown & PPV's his Tees were all over the place.

I also wonder what merch sales in general are like over the last pandemic year with no live events.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I've gone to a few nxt takeovers when I was in the states, and I could definitely see where the appeal of dropping down is, nakamura,bayley, roode, mcintyre all sold thousands of shirts that night. If you're on TV and touring but aren't a top guy, how much are you realistically making in merch? Is your stuff even making the merch table?

Pushing 40 years old, making your downside, only working 1 singles every couple of weeks, no real travel and a bigger piece of the merch pie....it'd be tempting.

This is all based on the before times though. It's all the same now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Iirc Finn got Married around the same time he moved to NXT Finn got married to a Fox Sports Mexico reporter. I would imagine that may have played into the move as much as some of the other factors being mentioned. Instead of constantly touring the country being permanently based in Florida would probably be far more appealing for their relationship.

The Bushwhackers are back and taking bookings at the ages of 74 & 76.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Iirc Finn got Married around the same time he moved to NXT Finn got married to a Fox Sports Mexico reporter. I would imagine that may have played into the move as much as some of the other factors being mentioned. Instead of constantly touring the country being permanently based in Florida would probably be far more appealing for their relationship.

Don't they also have a kid on the way as well? Seem to recall him posting about it on Instagram....

Interesting points made about Finn and his NXT choice. Lighter schedule, keeps his downside guarantee, more of a cut from merch...
    I dunno tho. It kinda of feels like a deal too good to be true on the surface if that makes sense?
    What's the catch I mean? Why wouldn't other wrestlers try and make the same deal?

Wrestling has, and seemingly always will be about protecting your spot. To go forwards not backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

The Bushwhackers are back and taking bookings at the ages of 74 & 76.

That’s kind of tragic.. and they’re gimmick was licking people so that’s a no go

TimesArrow wrote: »
    That’s kind of tragic.. and they’re gimmick was licking people so that’s a no go

I always found it funny that ironically back in the day before the bushwhackers, their then "sheepherders" name were one of the most hardcore, gresome tag teams out there.

Makes you laugh when you think of their WWF antics :p

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/01/alexa-bliss-deals-with-fan-harassing-her-and-her-fiance-on-social-media/

Saw this earlier.. have to feel sorry for female wrestlers having to deal with stuff like this. She’s been repeatedly harassed ( probably by others too) and we know there were recent incidents with Paige and sonya. Something has to be done before something really awful happens

• Registered Users Posts: 54,346 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im so happy I stayed well clear of social media. I go as far as to say the world would probably be better off without it

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/01/alexa-bliss-deals-with-fan-harassing-her-and-her-fiance-on-social-media/

Saw this earlier.. have to feel sorry for female wrestlers having to deal with stuff like this. She’s been repeatedly harassed ( probably by others too) and we know there were recent incidents with Paige and sonya. Something has to be done before something really awful happens

I looked at the tweet she was replying to and **** me was it sad. Hopefully she goes to the police over this. There is a clear line that as wrestling fans we shouldn’t cross.

• Advertisement

Alexia is best off no selling that weirdos tweets. Don't reply. Like he doesn't exist.

Last thing you want is to encourage them. Like they can talk to you, get to you, think they have a "connection" with you. World's a weird place.

Advertisement