Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Seth seems to have a rough time being the top ("full-time") guy in WWE. It is a heavy crown to wear, and he seems poorly-suited to twitter; eg his Dean Ambrose "food off my table" cringeworthy quip, or temporarily shutting down his twitter after Sasha had a sly dig at him for sending out a robotic tweet.

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/1153376332539191298

and then these

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/1177273934603083777

Seth responds with a bítchy tweet it's hilarious.

https://twitter.com/SashaBanksWWE/status/1177440583171756032

• Registered Users Posts: 29,021 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Gotta wonder about Becky in all this. Could just see some say he was having a go at Sasha due to her fighting Becky at HiaC.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Gotta wonder about Becky in all this. Could just see some say he was having a go at Sasha due to her fighting Becky at HiaC.

Somewhere eating popcorn and just laughing at the absurdity of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

sky88 wrote: »

Cue Edge's Twitter mentions blowing up like crazy due to speculation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,546 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Where does time go thought it was 8 years ago that he retired.

Hogan say he couldn't live with himself if his last match was in TNA and he has spoken to Vince about this.

He wants one more retirement match and would love it against Vince at WM.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,271 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hogan say he couldn't live with himself if his last match was in TNA and he has spoken to Vince about this.

He wants one more retirement match and would love it against Vince at WM.

Jesus christ that could be worse than the bret vs Vince match

The mania match the 2 had at mania 19 was pretty brutal tho and it should be left at that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭Riddle101

^^^ You know what. I would be down for Hogan having a retirement match if it meant him putting someone over. By that I mean someone who could stand to gain something from ending Hulkamania.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Riddle101 wrote: »
    ^^^ You know what. I would be down for Hogan having a retirement match if it meant him putting someone over. By that I mean someone who could stand to gain something from ending Hulkamania.

Only about 25 years too late to do that now, if someone boasted about that in a promo it might just turn them face :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

So safe to say this big press conference tomorrow will be about the 2 matches. Guess they're not worried about keeping the Saudi thing low key this time. No one mysteriously disappeared

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1182738365969502208?s=19

They have airbrushed Cain Velasquez so much he doesnt even look like Cain Velasquez anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I see Reby is in the wars with her sister on law on Twitter.

Jeff's a disaster but Matt's official statement was embarrassing; still a mark for protecting his brand after all this time while his brother is circling the drain.

I see Reby is in the wars with her sister on law on Twitter.

Jeff's a disaster but Matt's official statement was embarrassing; still a mark for protecting his brand after all this time while his brother is circling the drain.

All very strange considering they all live on the same property that family seems to be broken no pun intended

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Twitter isn’t real life, in this case it exists ONLY for wrestlers to build their brand. They can do so by getting personal at times, but that doesn’t mean that we therefore have an entitlement to their innermost personal thoughts. Matt staying on point and deflecting is the best way he could handle this from a social media standpoint: acknowledge it so your fans still feel connected to you and invested in your life but also give them nothing substantial and handle a private matter privately.

Mike Bennett asked for his release honestly don’t think he’d be a loss or gain to any of the companies very meh

https://twitter.com/realmikebennett/status/1183855911619776512?s=21

sky88 wrote: »
    Mike Bennett asked for his release honestly don’t think he’d be a loss or gain to any of the companies very meh

https://twitter.com/realmikebennett/status/1183855911619776512?s=21

Yeah he ain't getting it, not after having inked a 5 year deal. Then again this is WWE, and predicting this company, or even trying to is futile, when ya think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If I was WWE I don't see the sense in keeping him and paying him for 5 years. The recent storyline has driven his stock into the dirt, it's not like he'll jump to AEW and become a huge star.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭ThePott

J. Marston wrote: »
    If I was WWE I don't see the sense in keeping him and paying him for 5 years. The recent storyline has driven his stock into the dirt, it's not like he'll jump to AEW and become a huge star.

I feel like WWE are afraid to release anyone right now tbh. WWE let Dillinger go and now he's fairly prominent in AEW and was a nobody in WWE. I think that will make them gunshy as far as releasing goes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Meltzer saying there’s going to be a big story breaking in Japan soon (enough of a one he’s going to do a special show for it when it does). Speculation of some sort of WWe and New Japan collaboration

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Meltzer saying there’s going to be a big story breaking in Japan soon (enough of a one he’s going to do a special show for it when it does). Speculation of some sort of WWe and New Japan collaboration

Dave's head will explode in conflict if that's true. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Is their many stars left in NJPW that WWE would want or is this just a stunt for exposure before an nXt Japan franchise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Hopefully not, NJPW doesn't need the stink of WWE on it.

Could be the reason they stripped Mox of the belt so quickly.

Could be the reason they stripped Mox of the belt so quickly.

Don't think it is, Mox couldn't make it to Ryogoku to defend it because of the typhoon, neither could ZSJ, so think that's the genuine reason. Makabe got stripped before for having the flu.

Seen some people saying they're going to launch a joshi promotion but I really doubt that.

And Viking Raiders mentioned their IWGP tag title reign on Raw. Though they also mentioned RoH.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭ThePott

They've mentioned IWGP before too notably when AJ Styles debuted.
    Could just be an NXT Japan, we'll see though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Bischoff no longer running smackdown. Bruce Pritchard is now the man in charge.

ricero wrote: »

Hahaha what the ****.

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »

LoL, that didn't last long, I thought the return of Bischoff and Heyman were meant to be the saving grace for WWE.

Advertisement