Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,647 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mox vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr announced for Bloodsport 5.

https://twitter.com/JBBloodsport/status/1360764142576168962?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

WWE Jet spotted over Dublin today supposedly! Looks pretty cool.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/ljseuq/seen_flying_over_dublin_this_morning/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ThePott

Apparently someone said it was refuelling on the way to Abu Dhabi before people go mad with fantasy booking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ThePott wrote: »
    Apparently someone said it was refuelling on the way to Abu Dhabi before people go mad with fantasy booking :D

Too late :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,530 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Taya Valkyrie has reportedly signed with WWE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,647 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Would WWE really use the cooperate jet to fly over a talent for an NXT show.

I highly doubt they would especially when they are freezing staff wages bonusses and promotions.

That jet is being used to make cooperate money that's all.

Very strange rumour and reporting on Sammy Guevara apparently shooting down an angle for Impact.
    Seems he was going to be part of the taping after an idea was agree too between Khan and Impact but Guevara offered ideas and didn't seem that pushed about the idea and it was dropped.

Now depending on who or what you read, the most extreme version is that Guevara has heat and Impact are annoyed at AEW. The more believable source seems to say it was no big deal and this sort of thing was expected. Does seem a missed opportunity though.

Eli Drake has signed with WWE (NXT)

Thought he was a great promo in Impact when I watched it weekly a year or two back. Didn't think he was 38 though. Thought he was younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,389 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Thought he was a great promo in Impact when I watched it weekly a year or two back. Didn't think he was 38 though. Thought he was younger.

Will he be shown sitting in the front row tonight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Yes!! :eek: The guy was brilliant on Powerr as well. I was fearing he was becoming a forgotten man.

Now we just need Sandow to come home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,348 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Poor old NWA lost another one of their stars. He was really good on that show

Yes!! :eek: The guy was brilliant on Powerr as well. I was fearing he was becoming a forgotten man.

Now we just need Sandow to come home.

I forgot about him in the NWA! Surely they're going to fold at this stage (unfortunately). They're losing everyone on their roster.

Seems like he's going to be using the name LA Knight. He's going to be on the pre-show, fans have put it on twitter as it is pre-taped.

EDIT - Just crashed the pre-show panel and his name change is confirmed.

Can Billy Corgan just release Thunder Rosa at this stage and let her join AEW, seeing as though everyone else seems to be getting a release from the NWA these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,389 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

LA Knight

Very CAW name

Can Billy Corgan just release Thunder Rosa at this stage and let her join AEW, seeing as though everyone else seems to be getting a release from the NWA these days.

Oh please no.

AEW would be an even greater waste of her talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

PTH2009 wrote: »
    LA Knight

Very CAW name

Awful name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Mox vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr announced for Bloodsport 5.

https://twitter.com/JBBloodsport/status/1360764142576168962?s=20

Bloodsport was pretty decent, looking forward to seeing Mox vs DBS. Cobb/Dickinson was a good main event and Tankman continues to look like a beast.

The setting looked class in fairness, the whole no fans thing fairly suits the Bloodsport aesthetic. It was what Raw Underground was hoping to look like without Shane and the WWE cheese involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

seems Jericho's wife was at the Capitol on Jan 6th
    https://twitter.com/MeltzerSaidWhat/status/1361146873130672128

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

I hope noone is surprised?
    Nearly all of the wrestlers you cheer are crazy republicans. The Bucks etc etc etc. Jericho and his wife are just the stupid ones doing it in public
    seems Jericho's wife was at the Capitol on Jan 6th
    https://twitter.com/MeltzerSaidWhat/status/1361146873130672128

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

PTH2009 wrote: »
    LA Knight

Very CAW name
    Awful name.

Don't think it's too bad.
    Since WWE wanted to have their own trademark his name would have to have the same syllables for him to do his E-LI-DRAKE bit.

They could have went with Eli Knight or LA Drake tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Taking bets now on when he gets to the main roster, and he loses one of the names.

Will he be LA, or will he be Knight?

Oh please no.

AEW would be an even greater waste of her talent.

How? Shes done pretty well there thus far

I dont mind LA Knight..... its pretentious and ridiculous.... yes, but that suits the former Eli Drake though.

They appear to be presenting him as a big deal, so that bodes well for him.

Big fan of his persona.... could be pushed hard if he plays his cards right.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭briany

Nearly all of the wrestlers you cheer are crazy republicans.

Makes sense, given their historical distaste for paying tax.

briany wrote: »
    Makes sense, given their historical distaste for paying tax.

The newer, younger wrestlers in parts would be democratic, Big E, Zayb, Bryan.......but majority, esp the older heads are all solid republicans. Id say they fear their business being hurt by a non republican in power, which is a fair view.

Republicans in power is better for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This is barely a wrestling thought but I hate this notion that being a Republican is the wrong side. People should be free to have their own politics.

Omackeral wrote: »
    This is barely a wrestling thought but I hate this notion that being a Republican is the wrong side. People should be free to have their own politics.

Oh of course. They should be free to vote for who they want as president.

As with most political agreement, I feel both sides have great values and some horrible ones.

I just personally disagree with their choice in Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It feels as if Republican is just a synonym for bad in plenty of arenas, especially over on Squared Circle on Reddit. It's ironically not very liberal.

Back on topic, Eli Drake/LA Knight is a fire promo. Has a coolness to him you can't teach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Who'll be the first person he calls a dummy?

Advertisement