Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,530 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I wish Christian would go to AEW but he's older now and probably wants to finish his career in WWE which I totally respect also.

I'd love to see him get another world title reign, he also deserves to be in the HOF as a singles competitor plus also for E&C

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jim Crockett Jr is in grave condition in hospital. Awful news because he did so much for the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

NWA back with a PPV on March 21st. I like the NWA but could never quite shake the whiff of cosplay of it whenever I watched it. The only person I'd be interested in seeing is Rosa, and they are having a laugh if they think I'm paying for that lineup on Fite.

NWA back with a PPV on March 21st. I like the NWA but could never quite shake the whiff of cosplay of it whenever I watched it. The only person I'd be interested in seeing is Rosa, and they are having a laugh if they think I'm paying for that lineup on Fite.

They're going to have to get some AEW people to appear surely (for letting NWA wrestlers appear on AEW) because the roster is terrible now to do a PPV.

They should have even started back again with the weekly show to try build up some new stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Anyone seen the Joey Ryan/Charity show stuff?

Truly bottom of the barrel. Show poster appears in aid of a Women's Charity, poster features some well known names including some AEW talent. Then it comes out that not only is Joey Ryan booked, his BAR Wrestling company is in fact the promoter. Meanwhile, the charity it's in aid of are under investigation for tax issues, and then with some more digging the charity's goal is to get women into this evangelist church. TK pulls the talent from the show. Let's see who else drops off the show and if FITE TV will go ahead and stream it.

Ryan's the worst of the worst and, at best, he's found some marks to prey on or, at worst, they are the streaming company, are enabling this dirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ThePott

Total scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Anyone seen the Joey Ryan/Charity show stuff?

Truly bottom of the barrel. Show poster appears in aid of a Women's Charity, poster features some well known names including some AEW talent. Then it comes out that not only is Joey Ryan booked, his BAR Wrestling company is in fact the promoter. Meanwhile, the charity it's in aid of are under investigation for tax issues, and then with some more digging the charity's goal is to get women into this evangelist church. TK pulls the talent from the show. Let's see who else drops off the show and if FITE TV will go ahead and stream it.

Ryan's the worst of the worst and, at best, he's found some marks to prey on or, at worst, they are the streaming company, are enabling this dirt.

Well good on TK for having the foresight to pull his talent off the show... Then again, anything Evangelical especially in the States, it's usually just one legal money making racket.

ThePott wrote: »
    Total scumbag.

You’ll have to be a tad more specific in a wrestling forum.

Ah I see it’s joey Ryan. In a business that’s had its fair share of horrible people he’s doing his best to be included in that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Ah I see it’s joey Ryan. In a business that’s had its fair share of horrible people he’s doing his best to be included in that list.

Hes going for headliner of the Scumbag HOF.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hes going for headliner of the Scumbag HOF.

At the very least he's the early front runner for "most disgusting tactic of the year." Truly a grade A scumbag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ThePott

First ballot HOFer in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭hynesie08

He's absolutely planning on suing AEW for loss of earnings.

Apparently the message was along the lines of listing the promotions providing talent, and then a list of talent with sonny and joey in the middle, so everyone would think it was janela.

I almost respect the level of scumbag that man is....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

The Joey Ryan comeback debacle has been cancelled thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 86,530 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jim Crockett Jr is in grave condition in hospital. Awful news because he did so much for the business.

Jim Crockett Jr., who has passed away at 76, days after going into hospice care with what was said to be kidney and liver issues

RIP

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Jim Crockett Jr., who has passed away at 76, days after going into hospice care with what was said to be kidney and liver issues

RIP

Very sad news but unfortunately it was becoming a case of when not if. Most people think wcw in the 1990s was the biggest treat Vince faced but given the way wcw was run it was always going to flame out. Vince worried about the wrong company. He worried about wcw when he should have(and didn’t) worried about JCP who was a real competitor.

Very sad news but unfortunately it was becoming a case of when not if. Most people think wcw in the 1990s was the biggest treat Vince faced but given the way wcw was run it was always going to flame out. Vince worried about the wrong company. He worried about wcw when he should have(and didn’t) worried about JCP who was a real competitor.

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Seeing unconfirmed reports that Antonio Inoki may have passed away

Huh?

I don’t understand exactly why my post is confusing. Do you think that WCW was ever going to beat WWF in the Monday night wars ? They had money and talked a big game but for all WWFs faults it had one person in charge which JCP had also. WCW had a hot streak no doubt about it but as we shown by 1999 it was a mess and it didn’t get any better by 2001. I think if JCP had of stuck to its base of the mid Atlantic area with a few other areas they wouldn’t have had to sell to turner and wouldn’t have given Vince the head start in the 1990s.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Seeing unconfirmed reports that Antonio Inoki may have passed away

I’ve seen something similar but that rumour is false. Although the denial was worded weirdly because it said the death rumours were false for the last few days, but that didn’t include yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I don’t understand exactly why my post is confusing. Do you think that WCW was ever going to beat WWF in the Monday night wars ? They had money and talked a big game but for all WWFs faults it had one person in charge which JCP had also. WCW had a hot streak no doubt about it but as we shown by 1999 it was a mess and it didn’t get any better by 2001. I think if JCP had of stuck to its base of the mid Atlantic area with a few other areas they wouldn’t have had to sell to turner and wouldn’t have given Vince the head start in the 1990s.

Well wcw killed wcw sadly. A long list could be talked about that.

As for Jim Crockett Promotions? Vince gambled and it paid off. By making his WWF go nationwide (then worldwide) he went to the next level and Crockett tried playing catch up as you say.
    But even if Jim didn't do that he still would have suffered the same faith as all the other territories.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mod Hat On:
    I've deleted a load of posts with regards a user baiting and trying to start/continue problematic discussions. weareallmarks still had a threadban in place, and this has now been extended to a forum ban for a month. To everyone else, please report and ignore trolling posters in the future.

Back to our regular scheduled programming.

I'm trying to figure out when he was meant to worry about JCP instead of WCW. JCP basically ceased to exist before the 90s so why would someone worry about them?

I'm trying to figure out when he was meant to worry about JCP instead of WCW. JCP basically ceased to exist before the 90s so why would someone worry about them?

Sorry during the 1980s before JCP became WCW what I should’ve said be worried and that wwf should’ve been more worried than they apparently were.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

History has shown they had absolutely nothing to worry about JCP, which is why he had to sell to Turner.

Dave Meltzer says Okada is working with 2 slipped discs in his lower back which explains his non performances in tags and those lengthy feuds with Yujiro and Gedo last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,647 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Vince is banning his entertainers from thigh slapping and fining them if they do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'll wait for Adam Cole's next match to see if that's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,094 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Will he also ban stomping the ground while punching

• Advertisement

The gif flying around of Gargano slapping his thigh doing a chop absolutely cracks me up.

Advertisement