Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

Vince is banning his entertainers from thigh slapping and fining them if they do it.

Can't see him banning The Rock from doing it if he comes back for a match :D

I'm not a huge fan of thigh slapping myself just because it's done by so many now. Someone like Rey Fenix does it great but then you have someone like Luchasaurus who's kicks are so slow and it looks crap.

The gif flying around of Gargano slapping his thigh doing a chop absolutely cracks me up.

Just searched that on twitter

https://twitter.com/Rubbishmael/status/1270091318212075521?s=19

That is awful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Bans thigh slap from making wrestling look fake..

Sets man on fire in ring and rips the eye out of another....legit

You can't even notice thigh slaps on WWE most of the time anyway because of the awful camera cuts, shaking and zooming in and out on moves.

If thigh slaps getting banned meant the end of that style of camera work, I'd be for it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 60,647 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder if Michaels ever does another sweet chin music will Vince fine him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,094 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Isn't the thigh slapping an indie thing? Figured it would be one of the things they're made forget at the PC.

Main reason I find it stupid is because something like a boot to a face wouldn't make a sound like that.
    And always funny when they have such a habit of doing it that they do it even when it's dodged.
    Also shows how common the superkick is these days that thigh slapping has become so noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭NITRO95

https://twitter.com/RealKurtAngle/status/1368207273831653382?s=19

No way Kurt is the AEW mega signing because TK isn't letting him put that video out before tee ppv

Ye Angle is piggy backing on it now for something to advertise something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

NITRO95 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/RealKurtAngle/status/1368207273831653382?s=19

No way Kurt is the AEW mega signing because TK isn't letting him put that video out before tee ppv

Totally agree. Wrestlers are whores when it comes to piggy backing on to something to get their name out there.

Re: thigh slapping.

I dislike it as it's over used too much. Like fair enough you wanna use it in one or two parts of a match for a big impact hit. Ok cool. But on every single strike?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ThePott

Unless he want to try temper expectations with all the wild suggestions being thrown out. That being said I have to agree that was a bit much to reveal if he is the surprise so maybe not him then. He was who I was betting on personally.

Looking more and more like the AEW signing will be
    Christian especially with reports saying now he's not under WWE contract

I'm a fan but a bit underwhelming for me just because of the way they're describing it (Huge, major etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It can't be Angle. The man can't even turn his neck correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Wasn't one of angles major reasons for retiring that wwe not letting him wrestle a full schedule caused his body to break down quicker and his muscles to atrophy. Can't see how 2 years on the shelf will have reversed that.

J. Marston wrote: »
    It can't be Angle. The man can't even turn his neck correctly.
    Are we gonna act like Kurt Angle can't wrestle with a BROKEN FRECKIN' NECK!

I think Kurt Angle wants a retirement on his own terms, let's be honest having Baron Corbin retire Kurt Angle didn't work, he deserves better than that and he seems to believe the same.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Wasn't one of angles major reasons for retiring that wwe not letting him wrestle a full schedule caused his body to break down quicker and his muscles to atrophy. Can't see how 2 years on the shelf will have reversed that.

I'm not a doctor but that can't be right.

"If you had allowed me to bump more, my body would be in better shape!"

hynesie08 wrote: »

He didn't retire though did he?

He was put on Covid furlough by them while working back stage.

Apparently Kurt is starting a Nurtition company so could be to do with that.

Reports saying WWE are going back to to the "don't sign anyone over 30" mentality. Of course the exceptions are if someone is already a name and TV ready. Eg, Eli Drake.

Bit silly is this day and age tho. WWE could sign a 34 year old unknown and get 10 years out of him. Not everyone is going to be the next big star who they'll want to get 20 years out of. They say the average run is 5-7 years in WWE anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Kurt angle probably could wrestle another match but just because he could doesn’t mean he should. I’m basing that on what he himself on his podcast and his life now and how things he’s doing are to keep him functioning day to day without pain. He also has said he needs another surgery on his neck to sort out all the mess from the years of damage and he’s only put it off because of the pandemic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Kurt angle probably could wrestle another match but just because he could doesn’t mean he should. I’m basing that on what he himself on his podcast and his life now and how things he’s doing are to keep him functioning day to day without pain. He also has said he needs another surgery on his neck to sort out all the mess from the years of damage and he’s only put it off because of the pandemic.

Feel like I've heard Kurt Angle talking about needing neck surgery for years now. He probably should have retired years ago with his neck, but he just can't seem to stop.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Feel like I've heard Kurt Angle talking about needing neck surgery for years now. He probably should have retired years ago with his neck, but he just can't seem to stop.

Well I have too but this was recently on his podcast he said it. I mean him not being able to stop isn’t something unique to him, as in wrestling it’s hard to turn the lights off once you’ve been in the spotlight. I mean flair and hogan still believe they can have one more match when neither guy should be within an arses roar of a wrestling ring at this stage of their lifes.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,530 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Looking more and more like the AEW signing will be
    Christian especially with reports saying now he's not under WWE contract

I'm a fan but a bit underwhelming for me just because of the way they're describing it (Huge, major etc)

He is such an underrated talent but he signed a part time schedule deal with WWE

WWE has filed to trademark Jessamyn Duke’s name

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

How can they trademark someone’s actual name ?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    How can they trademark someone’s actual name ?

It's a really strange practice, but then again is anyone really surprised at the WWE's antics anymore?

I'd love to know what happened with WWE and Christian, back at RR, Usos teasing tag matches and him signing part time schedule contract and now in AEW :confused::(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I'd love to know what happened with WWE and Christian, back at RR, Usos teasing tag matches and him signing part time schedule contract and now in AEW :confused::(

most likely money, or could be he didn't like whatever limitations they'd put on him due to the concussions. I'd hope it's the money angle but even at that i'd question the wisdom of going to a company that has people who think it'd be good to 'bring back chairshots to the head for the boys'.

Whichever, i hope that he got an employee contract.

Ego? If he came back in WWE, he would likely be paired with Edge or below him.

In AEW, he'll be main event level and maybe get a world title run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

J. Marston wrote: »
    Ego? If he came back in WWE, he would likely be paired with Edge or below him.

In AEW, he'll be main event level and maybe get a world title run.

I bet you 20 quid he wont.

Advertisement