Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I bet you 20 quid he wont.

You don't think so? I thought he looked in great shape at the Rumble. I can see him challenging for the title at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

J. Marston wrote: »
    You don't think so? I thought he looked in great shape at the Rumble. I can see him challenging for the title at least.

They wont be putting the belt on him.

I reckon TNT title is his celing. Hreat shape but shouldnt be pushed to that position.

When would you think hed be World Champ?

They wont be putting the belt on him.

I reckon TNT title is his celing. Hreat shape but shouldnt be pushed to that position.

When would you think hed be World Champ?

I don't know when but it's a multi-year deal and I always thought he was at his best when he was a scheming heel so him winning with underhanded methods somewhere down the road isn't something I'd rule out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Christian vs Omega feels like a fun and short feud on paper to me. No problem with Christian getting a main event feud like that but I don't imagine him to actually win the belt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,649 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He’s been a regular on US sports TV and radio for the last 5/6 years working for ESPN, TNT, FOX, CNN, BeIN & Sirius XM covering football.

I would have honestly thought moving to be a WWE interviewer would have been a step down for him but I guess not.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,391 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Never heard of him but fair play and best of luck to him

• Registered Users Posts: 29,095 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe they'll have him being attacked backstage. Can't remember the last time we've had an interviewer attack since it's all women these days.
    He presented Raw Talk last night as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Just some news from yesterday's WOR.

Dave says the AEW Revolution show did it's highest number of digital buys in the company's ppv history and it bodes well as an indication for the overall number of buys that the show has done. Says it'll likely be 1st or 2nd in it's history. Which, in a pandemic with limited attendance, limited outside talent and being stuck in the same venue, is very impressive.

Also says 2 lawsuits are likely to impact WWE and others. The 1st being the Bill Nye/Disney ruling meaning we'll likely see a line of talent go to court to get royalties from wrestling companies with OTT services. The 2nd being the Kelly Klein/Joey Mercury suits which includes them disputing the independent contractor status with ROH likely to have far reaching consequences.

I hope AEW dont lose potential PPV buyers following the ending of their PPV.

It obviously wont put me off, but I can see some first time buyers put off going forward. They need to stack the card for the next PPV.

• Advertisement

On the lawsuits , esp Joeys legal action, it wouldnt surprise me to hear that WWEs legal team helped out with ROHs defence. WWE has a lot to potentially lose following a ruling in Joeys favor.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It obviously wont put me off, but I can see some first time buyers put off going forward. They need to stack the card for the next PPV.

I'm surprised the old PPVs are still $19.99. The WWE Network has me spoilt with everything available for one payment per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I don't think ill be purchasing again. I bought into the hype and was left quite disappointed by the whole thing.

As said all ready WWE fwcked up the PPV model I think as a whole, for me anyway.

Strangely the only PPV I might think about purchasing again it Fury and Joshua... and thats if on at reasonable time.

On the lawsuits , esp Joeys legal action, it wouldnt surprise me to hear that WWEs legal team helped out with ROHs defence. WWE has a lot to potentially lose following a ruling in Joeys favor.

Tbf on that one, Meltzer says the most likely outcome is an out of court settlemen because ROH wont want to go to court with that. And with their owners being a company as massive as Sinclair they'll have their top class legal team who'll probably say a settlement will be less costly than a landmark ruling case.

First images released from Heels.

Arrow & Bjorn to turn up in AEW at some stage as a tag team? They do look the part.

heels-season-1-ace-jack.jpg
    heels-season-1-starz-backs.jpg

They don't evolve, its just a revolving door of old names.

NcKi7UpQZQje.gif

Pritchard, now Johnny Ace.... whos next.....Jerry Jarrett.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I remember when Laurinaitis was part of talent relations in the past and how he always signed women with modeling backgrounds or who were considered f*ckable. Not sure what this means for the women's division.

God Variety have a story saying Peacock lost 914 million dollars. That's ludicrous.

Peacock has been a major failure so far it will be years before they even have a chance to break even.

All these streaming companies are being build on major debt.

• Advertisement

Johnny Ace and Bruce Prichard in major position of power in 2021 this is the reason the WWE will never have another great era.

Peacock has been a major failure so far it will be years before they even have a chance to break even.

All these streaming companies are being build on major debt.

For sure and the ones backed by the biggest companies are buying up all the content they can right now. It's an arms race. But the WWE Network stuff, even in that context, is wild. Particularly that they don't automatically get the WWE Network subscriber base. It genuinely might be an all time bad deal.

Johnny Ace and Bruce Prichard in major position of power in 2021 this is the reason the WWE will never have another great era.

Look at who he's surrounded himself with and the makeup of the main roster. It's people he's comfortable with. Nobody to rock the boat. Ultimately it doesn't matter, he doesn't have to pop a rating or draw ppv buyers, he just needs to pump out content and why strive to do anything challenging or better when it's absolutely not needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,944 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So Johnny ace is back because he even beats Bruce in being a lap dog to Vince. Cm punk wasn’t wrong with the bunch of yes men was he. Also, I hope this doesn’t mean a return to the bad old days of the women’s division. Also, Johnny ace is known for booking the wrong amputee wrestler years ago. People should go listen to cornetttes rant about him and how he made OVWs life difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

Posting their losses doesn't equate failure really. Disney+ has posted a 2.8 billion loss in a year. All these services are loss leaders. I do think there is room for Peacock in the streaming wars in general though.

ThePott wrote: »
    Posting their losses doesn't equate failure really. Disney+ has posted a 2.8 billion loss in a year. All these services are loss leaders. I do think there is room for Peacock in the streaming wars in general though.

True and that's right and I understand why they'd get the WWE Network (if they didn't another service would have) but the actual logistics of how they've gone about it is baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

All these streaming sites are baffling, Netflix came about because people were sick to the teeth of paying extortionate prices for their TV packages.

Netflix was great as it was an affordable price that negated the need to pirate. Now with all these streaming subscription based services piracy will be rife and alot easier to do.

I reckon some of these streaming services will pack it in as the market won't be their and go back to distribution deals. The likes of Netflix, Disney and Amazon will probably be safe in long term but others should fall. Its not cost effective for people anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

True and that's right and I understand why they'd get the WWE Network (if they didn't another service would have) but the actual logistics of how they've gone about it is baffling.
    I think they never really put any thought into how to do the things they promised and rushed to try get it there for Wrestlemania. That being said the search function and match markers beign lost was always going to happen unfortunately.

The transferring over of accounts was always going to be tricky but a big loss none the less.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Why is the Network moving to Peacock? Is it money primarily? I've really been enjoying the old stuff since I resubbed for the Rumble, the functionality has massively improved as well as the show markers. Also when you're on a Raw binge from back in the day the fact it now switches to the next chronological show is great.

I know it isn't changing for us yet but it's a shame. Whatever about their current product the Network continues to be relatively decent value for money imo anyways

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    In AEW, he'll be main event level and maybe get a world title run.
    I bet you 20 quid he wont.

0lgxYd2.jpg

DizzyAdolescentAcornbarnacle-small.gif

Advertisement