Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,943 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ThePott wrote: »
    Ah apologies may have misinterpreted your post. Yeah I don't think it's likely to happen anytime soon here. With Paramount Plus launching in America all the major players that want a streaming service have one and they're all hoping for something that will make them worth subscribing to.

Here we're comparably lucky with less streamers and any other major players are unlikely to launch here until existing deals expire and that could be years. I think the network will be safe for quite a bit in most of Europe imo. I don't see your Netflix, Disney or Amazon trying to get it here either.

Ah I probably worded it weirdly also. It’s just with nxt takeover being on BT sports it’s a weird departure but I don’t think it’s a sign of the death nail of the network.

I think they go in reverse in terms of how the network was launched and in what countries. So the US was first and then it was rolled out to other countries. It would make sense because I assume any new contracts had the network figured in in some way. I could be wrong but to me that’s the most sensible way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Sad to see that Becky lynch’s father has passed away.

Lovely tribute from her to her dad on Instagram.

[URL]

Given Seth and Becky's recent arrival and the travelling restrictions, that's just extremely cruel and sad.

RIP.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Given Seth and Becky's recent arrival and the travelling restrictions, that's just extremely cruel and sad.

RIP.

Yeah she mentions that and **** it Covid has robbed people of so many things.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

ThePott wrote:
    I don't think any of this means anything for PPVs here for now. ESPN PPVs for UFC haven't changed PPVs over here, they're still free on BT Sport, no? I'm talking purely as a consumer in America, Peacock is a better choice for consumers, IMO.

Just on this point, they absolutely do charge for certain PPVs for UFC and indeed all WWE PPVs on BT, the last McGregor fight was 22 quid iirc. I think Fastlane is being pushed hard at the moment at 14.95 (20 euro I think).

Tbh if the Network disappeared and it went back to the Box Office model I wouldn't be watching them live any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

Necro wrote: »
    Just on this point, they absolutely do charge for certain PPVs for UFC and indeed all WWE PPVs on BT, the last McGregor fight was 22 quid iirc. I think Fastlane is being pushed hard at the moment at 14.95 (20 euro I think).

Tbh if the Network disappeared and it went back to the Box Office model I wouldn't be watching them live any more.
    Huh, didn't realise that for UFC there was a stage it was no extra charge I'm sure. I know the WWE PPV model still exists, remember that from Sky but didn't think it was ever a viable option, could never see it coming back in full swing people just wouldn't pay it and rightfully so tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Huh, didn't realise that for UFC there was a stage it was no extra charge I'm sure. I know the WWE PPV model still exists, remember that from Sky but didn't think it was ever a viable option, could never see it coming back in full swing people just wouldn't pay it and rightfully so tbh.

Yeah it's there for what they consider the 'mega fights' (though I would argue strongly against the last McGregor one as being considered this at any stage lol)

It's an absolute pain in the hoop there are so many subscription services nowadays

Sky and BT, Box Office
    Netflix, Disney, Amazon
    Fite TV if you want AEW stuff
    WWE Network for now

I've actually got a free Peacock account myself as well as All4 on the go presently too

Subscriptions up the wazzoo, it's mental!

Yeah it's there for what they consider the 'mega fights' (though I would argue strongly against the last McGregor one as being considered this at any stage lol)

It's an absolute pain in the hoop there are so many subscription services nowadays

Sky and BT, Box Office
    Netflix, Disney, Amazon
    WWE Network for now

I've actually got a free Peacock account myself as well as All4 on the go presently too

Ah right, last time I watched a UFC card live was some time ago and I've never had BT just going off friends really.

It's mad alright, I've found a few workarounds to get good value for streaming but in general it is just become TV packages again. I've Netflix, Disney, Amazon, Hulu, HBO Max and Peacock at the moment. WWE Network I cycle in and out, most expensive of the bunch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Sky and BT, Box Office
    Netflix, Disney, Amazon
    WWE Network for now

I never notice AEW as it gets paid via my phone credit top up with Threepay. I never use my phone credit as its all you can eat data, so the 5 bucks a month is never noticed.

I didnt even have to pay for AEW Revolution due to Fite credits. I was about to pay until I noticed I had 20 dollars worth of Fite credit.

Ah right, last time I watched a UFC card live was some time ago and I've never had BT just going off friends really.

It's mad alright, I've found a few workarounds to get good value for streaming but in general it is just become TV packages again. I've Netflix, Disney, Amazon, Hulu, HBO Max and Peacock at the moment. WWE Network I cycle in and out, most expensive of the bunch too.

What VPN do you use for Peacock and HBO Max.... Ive been considering them awhile now.

Big Show left because WWE wanted to book him sensibly...
    Once he finally completed rehab and had a clean bill of health from all of his prior injuries throughout the years, WWE’s Talent and Relations didn’t give him the welcome back celebration he expected. Instead, they informed him where his career was going to go moving forward.

“I got pulled into a Talent and Relations office,” Wight was told five years ago. “And [I was told] I will never main event WrestleMania again. I will never main event a pay-per-view again. And I will only be used to get over NXT talent. That was said to my face. There’s your f–king inspiration, now go work hard. Vince didn’t say it to me; it wasn’t him. But you know where it comes from. It hurt a little bit. It was like, is this really where we’re at?

“Again, I’m not making any excuses. I understand where they’re coming from. But they were trying to give me the heads up like, ‘Hey, you’ve done everything that you could do. You’ve had a great career. Maybe it’s time for you to start thinking about slowing down.’ F–k that, Jack!”

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/03/paul-wight-reveals-why-he-signed-with-aew-over-staying-with-wwe/

"Time to put over young fellas? Fúck that!"

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Big Show left because WWE wanted to book him sensibly...

"Time to put over young fellas? Fúck that!"

I dont think its as black and white as you put it, its more the manner in which he was told.

Theres a respectful way to deal with Vets and an insulting way. The manner in which he was spoken to is very disrespectful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Agreed with the above. I'm not a fan of Big Show but he does deserve respect for the years he worked for WWE and the way they handled it felt disrespectful. I doubt they'd ever say something like that to Undertaker or Shawn Michaels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I dont think its as black and white as you put it, its more the manner in which he was told.

Theres a respectful way to deal with Vets and an insulting way. The manner in which he was spoken to is very disrespectful.

Nothing ever is.

Show's last appearance on Raw was him getting called old, fat and washed up by Orton who challenges Show to do something about what he just said. Big Show doesn't even get to respond or show any fight.

Unless they're offering a mega deal, or there was no deal on the table from AEW, why would anyone on Earth choose WWE? He's being told to his face no push, no big matches, and apparently anytime you appear we're just going to humiliate you on national TV.

Also Big Show is the guy they use like every Wrestlemania season to put over the title contender. Saying "Big Show doesn't want to put over young talent" is another one wide of the mark.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    What VPN do you use for Peacock and HBO Max.... Ive been considering them awhile now.
    I use KeepSolid VPN, it was a steal got a lifetime membership well over a year ago for next to nothing. Has been pretty consistent too.

I use KeepSolid VPN, it was a steal got a lifetime membership well over a year ago for next to nothing. Has been pretty consistent too.

How much was it back then?

14 euro. At the moment you can get a lifetime for $24 dollars.
    At this linke https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription?aid=a-eavs0v5m and with the promo code DN40.

I use it with an Amazon firestick mainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,349 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What happened him in the main roster?

When I watched NXT he's matches were great

• Registered Users Posts: 60,649 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

His Mrs is the most pushed performer in the WWE you would think he would get a decent push for that alone never mind that he is talented.

Headshot wrote: »

He is a fantastic talent. Watch his La Sombra vs Atlantis match. MOTY quality.

Typically misused. Never used him to his strengths, never hid his weaknesses, 50 50 booking....etc.

He deserves better. His NXT run took a while to get going but he had some great matches.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1370444340187762689?s=19

Andrade and Zelina Vega back together in AEW if he gets the release?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,095 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Whether people liked them or not at the time, without Andrade, Zelina and Angel Raw would've really struggled to fill time during the first few months of the pandemic

Headshot wrote: »

Vince. That’s what happened. You can be the most talented wrestler since Moses was a chap but if Vince McMahon doesn’t see anything in you then you aren’t going anywhere.

Edit: I see he’s asked for his release and not gotten his release. As we’ve seen wwe aren’t under any obligation to release any talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Nobody is getting their hopes up after Ricochet and I've got my doubts with Charlotte in WWE.

But I'll say the same thing then as I will now. It speaks volumes about both how sterile the WWE environment is and how much talent they hoard the all of a sudden people are fantasy booking La Sombra again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I wouldn't see Charlotte's position in the company as any particular reason why he would stay.

There's a bang of Cena and Bellas off their relationship all due respect to them.

I wouldn't see Charlotte's position in the company as any particular reason why he would stay.

There's a bang of Cena and Bellas off their relationship all due respect to them.
    Well not her position, but generally speaking as he is ina relationship with her and may be fairly content working on WWE as he gets to spend more time with Charlotte.

In what context are you comparing them to Cena / Bella.

Nobody is getting their hopes up after Ricochet and I've got my doubts with Charlotte in WWE.

But I'll say the same thing then as I will now. It speaks volumes about both how sterile the WWE environment is and how much talent they hoard the all of a sudden people are fantasy booking La Sombra again.

Well knowing Andrades talent and knowing how well theyve booked FTR, Mox, Pac.... you'll expect them to get the best out of him.

Hes a serious talent, criminally wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,349 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I see Andrade has removed all references to WWE from his social media accounts

Id be delighted to see him in AEW

Expect Charlotte to suddenly get a romance angle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,649 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Would he head back to Mexico I wonder.

Advertisement