Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wait till he pulls a gun on the writers.

Dave will have the inside scoop on Smackdown now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Bischoff fired for doing essentially nothing, while Heyman's penning fetish storylines, I think we all know who the real winner is here :pac:

Conrad's next pod with Eric 83 days at Smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/1184174881602265089?s=19

He's gone. Tbf he is one of the biggest spoofers in wrestling that always finds work.
    Pritchard ain't a revelation either. Another lad who likes to rewrite history to make himself sound like he wasn't a kiss ass.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ricero wrote: »
    Bischoff no longer running smackdown. Bruce Pritchard is now the man in charge.

Well that didn’t last long. That’s a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Something to Wrestle has been in the toilet since Prichard went back to WWE, but surely with these added responsibilities, Prichard will have to give up the podcast now. I can't see how he can keep it going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

sirmanga wrote: »
    Something to Wrestle has been in the toilet since Prichard went back to WWE, but surely with these added responsibilities, Prichard will have to give up the podcast now. I can't see how he can keep it going.

I agree, the episodes focusing on a wrestlers career are still half decent but they have been phoning it in the last while. Be interesting to hear what happened on Erics next 83 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Poor Eric though. He uprooted his life and moved out to Connecticut only to be released. Wonder what he did to get released. I heard there were people under him who wanted to quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe he was looking to sign guys over from Raw, including Becky, with the intention of throwing the women's Raw championship in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This night can't get any worse

Ireland beaten in Switzerland and the real realisation were ****e and the luck of the irish wont get us through

Now Bischoff is gone from SD and there new roster looks ****e of ideas on paper and I have tickets to a show in a few weeks ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ThePott

Bischoff might be the scapegoat for Fox execs being unhappy.

Also saw someone point out the stupidity that they pushed Charlotte and Becky as the big faces for Smackdown on Fox and now they're both gone to Raw. The draft looks dreadfully planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Was browsing on twitter last night and it occured to me I hadnt noticed a very regular poster in quite some time.

So I did a search for "Hairy Wrestling Fan"........

Oh dear me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/10/15/why-seth-rollins-burned-down-bray-wyatts-firefly-fun-house/

Possible reason why the FFH is gone.. I don’t think he fiend works without the FFH And bray in that role.. given that fox suppoesdly want a more “sports centric” show, this wouldn’t surprise me at all if it were true

They could have kept him on RAW and kept the FFH.

Bray needs a gimmick to get over he won't get over as a pure wrestler.

bot43 wrote: »
    Was browsing on twitter last night and it occured to me I hadnt noticed a very regular poster in quite some time.

So I did a search for "Hairy Wrestling Fan"........

Oh dear me :D

I've noticed that as well, and oh dear me is right.......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And here's the Meltzer story he was teasing...

https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/1184374399790735360

Lord TSC wrote: »
    And here's the Meltzer story he was teasing...

https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/1184374399790735360

Between the OG NXT, and NXT UK, is a NXT Japan really needed? Doesn't Hunter have enough plates spinning in the air as is, without adding another into the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,482 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ricero wrote: »
    Bischoff no longer running smackdown. Bruce Pritchard is now the man in charge.

AEW next for Eric?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Between the OG NXT, and NXT UK, is a NXT Japan really needed? Doesn't Hunter have enough plates spinning in the air as is, without adding another into the mix.

At the end of the day, NXT is Triple H's baby and he wants that brand to grow and expand. He'll expand into any market he feels NXT can prosper in. Japan has always been a popular wrestling location, so it makes sense to me that NXT would try to branch out there.

If it was any wrestling promotion other than WWE I think people would probably consider it a wise move.

• Advertisement

Riddle101 wrote: »
    At the end of the day, NXT is Triple H's baby and he wants that brand to grow and expand. He'll expand into any market he feels NXT can prosper in. Japan has always been a popular wrestling location, so it makes sense to me that NXT would try to branch out there.

If it was any wrestling promotion other than WWE I think people would probably consider it a wise move.

The way the WWE treat Japaneses wrestlers that are contracted to them I wouldn't want them anywhere near young and upcoming Japanese talent even in Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,173 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I know very little about Japanese culture but I imagine the Yanks steaming in looking to sweep up Japanese talent would be met with a lot of resistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1184660010753613824?s=19

This was part of the news due in Japan this week. Bushiroad are also the parent company of New Japan. WWE also made an offer to buy Stardom.
    Does this mean we will see Stardom talent on New Japan World? No, Stardom have their own streaming service; Stardom World & their TV rights are muddled (on a rival station to New Japan) so they won't be in New Japan World anytime soon.
    They may feature on New Japan tours overseas in the future but in Japan they will be run shows independently of New Japan.

Apparently the second part of the news from Japan will be NXT Japan, this could be announced as soon as Friday. Big Japan may be involved in that along with Sendai Girls; that may be 2+2 = 5 but WALTER is working a show for Big Japan soon & the worst kept secret in Japan is that WWE have all but signed Sendai's biggest talent Sareee (yes 3 e's) to a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

ERG89 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1184660010753613824?s=19

This was part of the news due in Japan this week. Bushiroad are also the parent company of New Japan. WWE also made an offer to buy Stardom.
    Does this mean we will see Stardom talent on New Japan World? No, Stardom have their own streaming service; Stardom World & their TV rights are muddled (on a rival station to New Japan) so they won't be in New Japan World anytime soon.
    They may feature on New Japan tours overseas in the future but in Japan they will be run shows independently of New Japan.

Apparently the second part of the news from Japan will be NXT Japan, this could be announced as soon as Friday. Big Japan may be involved in that along with Sendai Girls; that may be 2+2 = 5 but WALTER is working a show for Big Japan soon & the worst kept secret in Japan is that WWE have all but signed Sendai's biggest talent Sareee (yes 3 e's) to a deal.

Strange, so of all the promotions WWE could have tried to acquire they went with the death match promotion?

Can't see Takeda, Kobayashi or Numazawa fitting the WWE sports entertainment style, although Sekimoto and Hashimoto would definitely fit the big man, strong style mould they love.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Strange, so of all the promotions WWE could have tried to acquire they went with the death match promotion?

Can't see Takeda, Kobayashi or Numazawa fitting the WWE sports entertainment style, although Sekimoto and Hashimoto would definitely fit the big man, strong style mould they love.

May be the only ones willing to partner with them

Do wonder how the new Japan and stardom deal effects stardoms use of wwe uk and aew woman

So Vince fired Eric because Smackdown lost a million viewers from week 1 to week 2 on Fox.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So Vince fired Eric because Smackdown lost a million viewers from week 1 to week 2 on Fox.

I called it a while back Vince is only looking for an excuse to fire both Bischoff and Heyman and first chance he’d get he would. And he did.

Classic old man Vince.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 23,173 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Xavier Woods got an achilles tendon injury at a live show in Australia. Facing a long spell out with that.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Xavier Woods got an achilles tendon injury at a live show in Australia. Facing a long spell out with that.

At least he was hop around on the outside playing the trombone.

I wouldn't be surprised if they incorporate a wheelchair while having him handing out pancakes.

Advertisement